July Babies!

Welcome Bodi! We are expecting our second girl as well :) When does your first DD turn 4? Our first daughter turns 4 about a week before our second is due!!

Hey!

My first DD only turns 3 next week - in my post above I meant she's almost 3 not almost happy - i need to structure my sentenances better haha :lol:

ah I went back and read it again and it makes sense hahaha
What do you think about the age difference? 3 years isnt bad :)
We were trying right after our DD turned 2 but unfortunately we suffered miscarriages amid having ovarian cysts so we had to wait another year until this one :shrug: Im not sure how I feel about a 4 year difference haha

frisbeemama12- My husband has 3 kids from before me the oldest is 21 the next is 18 and then a 15 year old. Mine is 8 and then we have a boy who turns 2 two days before my due date. I to wish that mine were closer will at least the 8 and almost two year old. I always between three and four years between me and my brother are four years and it was great.

Well, I just ordered our pram set. From groovystyle website. Being delivered tomorrow! I only ordered it now because its the only place that has the colour I wanted left in stock (discontinued colour quinny buzz 3). Although they did tell me they only had one in stock, and yet it is still showing on their website as in stock after I have ordered.

So far the service has been impressive, emails telling me about dispatch and telling me to log on tomorrow morning to get the 1 hour time slot for delivery.

Will let you know tomorrow ladies what its like!

Biliboi, hope you and bub are still okay! Falls are so scary at this stage even though they tell us the baby's practically undamageable safe in its amniotic sac. We bought our pram last weekend too, and my Amby hammock was delivered yesterday. I'm all set to go now, all I need is the baby!!

Frisbee, my girls are 13 and 11, so it's quite the age gap this time. It was great having my girls grow up together, sometimes I worry that Tiddler will feel more like an only child.

Bodi, welcome. :flower:

I don't really think age gaps mean that much tbh. I think it's more about the personalities and whether they get on / clash, whether the youngest is independant or wants to be with the elder one all the time and do what they do etc. Because there's 3 of us and I'm the youngest, we did often find problems with things like going on holiday and finding things to entertain us all but apart from that, it was fine.

My DH has an 8 year gap between him and his sister and they only started to get on as adults. My sister and I have about 4 years and we've *never* got on! Lol.. However, my brother is 18 months older then me and we've always got on but we have similar personalities whereas my sister is completely different to us both.

I really need to get motivated! I think I've chosen my pram now, would prefer to see it in person though and now I've just got to narrow down on a carrier. I've found some I absolutely love but they're not suitable until 3 months and I need one from newborn :nope:

ah I went back and read it again and it makes sense hahaha
What do you think about the age difference? 3 years isnt bad :)
We were trying right after our DD turned 2 but unfortunately we suffered miscarriages amid having ovarian cysts so we had to wait another year until this one :shrug: Im not sure how I feel about a 4 year difference haha

my brother and i are 4 years apart, almost exactly, and i really like the age difference. i liked being the bossy older sister when he was tiny, and loved helping out. we got on fine as kids, but not so well as teenagers, but i think that was to do with our completely oposite personalities, not the age difference. ever since we left home we've been really good friends. he's even looking into following me to australia!

we'll see how we go with this one (i'm already panicking at the idea of being pregnant again...) but i think we'll go for a 3 or 4 year age gap between kids.

my sister and I are only 15 months apart.. and we DID NOT get along as kids. We get along now but aren't really close or anything.

Has anyone else had their third tri CBC (bloodwork) done yet? I did mine yesterday with my GTT and looked up my lab results today... my platelets are low (normal is 150-400... mine are 101). I haven't heard from my OB yet so I'm trying not to worry too much.. i figure he would call if it was really serious. It does explain why im getting so many broken blood vessels on my tummy and am bruising so easily. My hemoglobin is also boarderline low.

What in the world is a pram? I have been trying to figure it out for months!?

Tiny girl has changed her movement patterns. She use to be so active in the morning with kicks and rolls in the evening. Now she is not getting up as early and all the movements feel like rolls and pushes. I am rarely getting kicks and jabs. I guess because she is running out of room?

I believe that a pram is a stroller. I hope some will correct me if I am wrong

There will be 2 years 7 months months between my LOs. I wanted a small age gap cos there is 10 years between me and my brother! And weve never been that close, were close but dont feel like brother and sister if you know what i mean?! Too big gap!

Well ladies, my pram came today. I went onto you tube to see some videos of how to put it together and use the different parts. I love it! The only thing I can't do is pull the hood down on the carrycot, but from looking online it appears many people have this problem and it gets easier with use. So will wait for DH to get home from work to help me.

Groovystyle.co.uk were excellent. Responded to my email saying they only had one left in stock, and as I ordered before 3pm I was eligible for next day delivery. Very impressed with their service!

Glad you like your pram! I've not heard of that website before, did you use them because that was the only place that had the pram or because of their prices? Might have to check it out as I'm yet to order mine :)

What in the world is a pram? I have been trying to figure it out for months!?

Tiny girl has changed her movement patterns. She use to be so active in the morning with kicks and rolls in the evening. Now she is not getting up as early and all the movements feel like rolls and pushes. I am rarely getting kicks and jabs. I guess because she is running out of room?

My girl is exactly the same! I get woken up at around 5am by the dog and she used to always be awake, kicking and punching, but now she doesnt move much til mid morning and it feels like squirming rather than kicks.

Bilboi - glad your pram is good. Im ordering the Oyster and i also couldnt figure out how to put the hood down on the carry cot. The lady in the shop couldnt do it either. It was a minor annoyance, but i liked it so much im getting it anyway. I didnt realise you tube had videos of prams on. Im gonna do a bit of investigating to see if the hood goes down. What colour did you get?

bodi - it was the only place with the discontinued colour I liked still in stock.

Bunnikins I got the quinny buzz 3 in natural mavis, and the pebble car seat in blonde grain - its a creamy colour, yikes! Wonder how long it will stay clean!

bodi - it was the only place with the discontinued colour I liked still in stock.

Bunnikins I got the quinny buzz 3 in natural mavis, and the pebble car seat in blonde grain - its a creamy colour, yikes! Wonder how long it will stay clean!

Looks lovely. Love the blonde grain pebble!

Pram is an awesome word! I believe I will call mine that rather than stroller :thumbup:

Third Trimester today!!! Here is my baby girl!

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
I never realised pram was a UK word!

In the US we call them strollers. Not nearly as classy sounding as Pram. lol It took me a LONG time to figure out what the heck you guys are talking about on this board. Vests, Cots, Prams, etc. Don't even get me started on the food you guys talk about. lol My head almost exploded one day when I tried to read the "what are you eating" thread in 2nd tri. You would hardly know we are speaking the same language! I have learned a lot though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->