July Babies!

How is everyone sleeping at night? I know that we are supposed to stay more on our left side, but I swear my little girl likes when I lay on my right side. Its like its our play time from 9pm to midnight. I love it! Whenever I get worried about her throughout the day, once this time comes I know everything is fine.

My bubs has been really quiet over the last few days. I'm still getting movement, but no big kicks or anything and up to last week my whole tummy was moving. not anymore. Do you think it's just a growth spurt or something??

My bubs has been really quiet over the last few days. I'm still getting movement, but no big kicks or anything and up to last week my whole tummy was moving. not anymore. Do you think it's just a growth spurt or something??

I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment but I had a mw appointment yesterday and everything seemed to be fine, hb and I measured spot on. Probably our babies are just going through a phase I don't know.. that said, everytime I woke up to pee last night baby seemed to be awake and was kicking away. Maybe patterns have temporarily changed or it could really just be a growth spurt?

Thanks Lucky - I'm not too worried, I reckon as long as there's some movement we're ok??

I have a question for you ladies, At my last appt. my OB said that she won't let me go over a week past my due date with my first two it was two weeks, anyway she told me that after one week the rate of complications for the baby went up to 50% anyone else heard this?

I was told this with my son.

I am traumatized by my son's birth and will be trying to talk her into an induction at 39 weeks. I won't go into the details unless I'm attacked :haha: just know I have very good reasons lol.

I'm having a lot more cramping too and pretty sure I was getting BH's last night - first time this pregnancy!

I'm not feeling kicks much at the moment, just movement but I remember it being the same with DD1 although not quite this early. Just hoping this one is head down still - she was at my 21 week scan and I'm still feeling movements and the (very very very) few kicks in the same place - it's just not where everyone else is saying they're feeling theirs and def know their baby is head down. I'm just so paranoid this one's gonna be breech too :nope:

Conina, I had a couple of days like that just before Tiddler turned over -- no proper kicks, just squirmy movements. Last night and today, though, the kicks are back full force so I'm assuming it was just a little quiet period.

Every time I think I've figured out a pattern, Tiddler goes and changes it on me.

im the same.. seem to have a few days of lots and lots of movement then baby seems to settle down and I only feel minimal movements for another few days. Seems to correspond with when my tummy feels really stretched so I think it is a growth spurt.

How is everyone sleeping at night? I know that we are supposed to stay more on our left side, but I swear my little girl likes when I lay on my right side. Its like its our play time from 9pm to midnight. I love it! Whenever I get worried about her throughout the day, once this time comes I know everything is fine.

i'm trying to sleep on my side but have to swap several times a night. i often wake up on my back too. i'm not letting it worry be though as i read in a pregnancy magazine, and checked with my doc that it's only advised to avoid lying on your back as it can make you feel sick and/or dizzy. bub will not suffer from it at all, and usually your body will automatically correct if it needs to.
sometimes my back hurts too much to sleep on my side, and the only comfortable position is on my back. my physio just told me to stick a thin pillow under my right butt cheek so that i'm lying at about a 10 degree angle. haven't had any problems with this. my doc basically said to sleep however is comfortable, we need the rest!

Anyone else having movements that are bordering on painful? They catch me off guard and make me jump - I look like I'm being electrocuted!

Anyone else having movements that are bordering on painful? They catch me off guard and make me jump - I look like I'm being electrocuted!

Yes! I am going through the same thing. OH looks at me like I've lost my mind when he sees me jump. lol

yup! I almost jumped off the couch yesterday when baby either kicked/punced quite low down.

Must be talking about the cervix jabs LOL. I had loads with my son but this one hasn't given me a lot right now.

O/T why are there so many July mommies groups started...is it just me or is it quite annoying??

Well by US standards I am officially third trimester. It seems unreal that I could meet my baby girl in July. I'm still paranoid but finally have ordered her carseat/stroller (travel system) and it should be here tuesday. Her movements are more of waves and less of kicks now. I did ask dr (I had an anterior placenta with my son so didn't pay attention to his movements other than he was moving lol) and they assured me it is that they are starting to run out of room.

There are loads of groups, don't really understand why! I tend to mostly stay on this one as I've been here since 6 weeks and it seems the most inclusive and least catty. We may go and order our pram and car seat today - not got anything yet as I've been so paranoid and scared to start now. We have mostly cleared the study though, which will be the nursery and have a new window coming tomorrow before it gets repainted. All darting to seem real and for the first time I'm letting myself get excited.

Yeah my preggo brain can't take all these groups, I'm easily confused!! :rofl:

Some of the kicking is getting quite painful, luckily DH felt some this morning and his face was a pic, he couldnt understand how the baby could kick THAT much!!

I've never managed to sleep on the 'correct' side, I sleep how I'm most comfortable and if I'm in a position that baby doesnt like they let me know pretty sharpish!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend xx

My painful kicks are not in my cervix, but feel like a foot/hand is trying to come through my skin!

Ok, we finally bought stuff! Seems scarily real and I got emotional and overwhelmed. We bought the steriliser and bottle kit (planning to bf but figured we'd need stuff incase it doesn't go to plan), maxicosi cabriofix car seat, family fix base and ordered our uppababy vista in all black. For any uk girls we did the John Lewis price match scheme and saved over £80 on all that just by taking in proof of price in other shops - was so easy to do.

I can relate to the sudden jabs/movements that make you jump! Mine arent in my cervix either but are just sudden and hard so takes me by surprise. Its funny when it happens at work if I am in the middle of a serious conversation!

I am also have a lot of wave like movements as well now though and those feel weird. My baby just doesnt seem to have a regular pattern and I have very busy days with constant, full on quite strong movement and then very quiet days, perhaps growth spurts?

I also struggle to only sleep on my left and have to turn over a few times in the night which is getting to be a struggle! I have a pregnancy pillow which is meant to stop you going onto your back but it still happens to me.

I had bad pains in my ribs last night and kept me awake. Not sure why, I did eat a lot yesterday, maybe just not enough room?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->