July Babies!

sorry to hear about those of you failling the gtt. i've had to do one before (thanks PCOS) but got lucozade last time. this time it was flat lime flavoured gunk. i passed it though which was a relief as dh and i were going to a chocolate factory the next day!

HarrietO i can't believe the nurse could for a second think you need a gtt! my mum's a type II diabetic too and i can only imagine what drinking that much sugar would do to her! glad you got it sorted out in the end.

i think i've started getting braxton hicks for the first time. they don't hurt, just feel weird and my stomach goes rock hard for about 30 seconds. i told dh and he panicked and thought it meant the baby was on his way!

I passed my GTT but have really low iron so docs put me on iron pills. Hopefully it will help me regain more energy.

Sorry to hear about the failed GTT tests. Hoping all is well second time around. Keep us posted

HarrietO i can't believe the nurse could for a second think you need a gtt! my mum's a type II diabetic too and i can only imagine what drinking that much sugar would do to her! glad you got it sorted out in the end.

The beauty of that situation is that I am not one to keep my mouth shut, so there really wasn't much to sort out. I was absolutely NOT gonna take the test, no matter what they said. lol I had just had a 20 min conversation with the nurse about my diabetes, so it did annoy me a bit. Overall i have had a wonderful experience there though, so I'll let it slide.

I went and had my RhoGam & Tdap injections yesterday at the hospital. It's the first time I had to deal with the lab here (since I changed Drs) and they were amazing. In and out in just a few min. I am still very happy with my decision to change Drs! :happydance:

Very happy for you Harriet!

Dr. appt this Friday to make sure we are measuring on time! I know she is hitting a growth spurt because my stomach is stretched to the max. SO ITCHY! I received an update from the doctors office that said the 7th month was the biggest growing period. The babes double their weight this month!

That's good news Harriet

Sorry to hear that some of you have to re do the glucose test :(

Had my 28 week app, so all good and baby is facing down!! X

Just got home from my appointment. I am doing the next GTT tomorrow. But now get to see the doc every two weeks instead of four. He measured my tummy today and all is good!

My reflux is back with a wallop and so, unfortunately is my nausea. Threw up on Monday but I've been feeling really sick and crappy in the evenings for about a week. I really, really hope it's a temporary thing.

I had my 28 week check today too, Hel, and I was right about Tiddler turning over last week -- we're head down now and planning to stay that way!

My dog was hit by a car on Monday. The good news is that she got away with just a badly broken leg. The bad news is that I need to carry her outside to do her necessaries about 5-6 times a day -- all 20kgs of her. Not what I planned to be doing at this stage of pregnancy, but my husband's on the other side of the world right now so I really have no choice.

Fingers crossed for those of you repeating the GTT -- hope it's the all clear this time!

Ive been feeling tiny waves of nausea every now and then too.. and your poor puppy!! is there a family friend or neighbor you can ask to help carry her?
Good luck tomorrow Sammycaine!
My gtt is on tuesday :sick: I hope it all goes well this time around, with our first DD I felt like I was going to pass out after drinking the stuff and having it sit in my empty stomach so long!!

so it was my baby shower yesterday and it was awesome!!
i know 31 weeks is quite early, but the friend who was throwing it is going away nearer the due date, and yesterday was a public holiday here so it just seemed like a good idea.
being english, i'm so not used to things like this, but they're really common over here in australia. i was just expecting a few sandwiches and a couple of bits of clothing but it was amazing! my friends put on this amazing afternoon tea, and the gifts were amazing - so beautiful and everyone was so generous! i can't bring myself to put them away, they're spread all over the lounge room so that i can keep looking at them!

on a less exciting note i nearly went to hospital afterwards. i started getting braxton hicks on monday, just the odd one, but yesterday they became so frequent that they were every 10 minutes at one point. i rang the hospital and they told me to relax, lie down and count them for another hour, and when i did that they settled down to every 30 mins or so, unless i stood up in which case i got one straight away. i managed to sleep after that but they woke me up a few times in the night. i'm really nervous now about going into premature labour.

I didn't feel toodle move at all yesterday and had bad braxton hicks all day so ended up on labour ward at 4am being monitored. The trace was fine and the little monkey hasn't stayed still since. More grey hairs for me. Think I've finally let my guard down and let myself get excited and just spent the night crying.

I didn't feel toodle move at all yesterday and had bad braxton hicks all day so ended up on labour ward at 4am being monitored. The trace was fine and the little monkey hasn't stayed still since. More grey hairs for me. Think I've finally let my guard down and let myself get excited and just spent the night crying.

oh beanhunter your night was way worse than mine! these babies do like to tease us don't they?! i ended up in hospital at 24 weeks due to lack of movement so i know how scary it is. glad all is well and i hope he keeps wriggling to help you relax!

Oh beanhunter :hugs: :hugs: they do it to us on purpose, no one tells you but the second you get those two pink lines the worry starts :hugs: xx

just take it easy Albs! I hope the B-Hs were just because of such an excitement filled day :)
Beanhunter Im glad everything is fine, never hesitate to ring the hospital when something like that happens!

Aw Beanhunter, that must have been so scary! I'm glad LO's back to moving as much as usual, but I bet it'll take you a while to recover from the experience!

And Albs, I hope those BH stay calmed down -- I know how scary those strong runs can be!

YAAY!!! Have a FANTASTIC celebration today!!! I hope it is nothing but absolute joy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->