July Babies!

I had a ton of movement yesterday and they were some strong kicks! Today I think she's facing my back because I've felt kicks down low and against my rectum area, that does not feel good! I'm hoping she turns back around.

i've got an anterior placenta and whilst i've felt movement for a long time, it hasn't been very strong. in the past couple of weeks bub has discovered where the placenta must end as i've been getting super hard kicks and sometimes i can feel his foot pushing against my hand. it's so weird. today he got me so hard it actually hurt, so i poked him back and he kicked even harder!

i've also been getting the odd stabbing pain in my cervix. it doesn't feel like he's poking me though. has anyone had anything like this?

I can't believe how much this baby is moving I am thinking that the baby is still heads up because all the kicks and movements are really low.

Albs I totally understand! every now and then she will kick like CRAZY down there and the stabbing pain in my cervix area when she kicks it.. OW! then again I deserved it this weekend, DH and I had a little babymoon and went to NYC... needless to say we did a LOT OF WALKING oh my goodness we walked so much!!! we had a great time though! <3

oh yeah im with you there Albs... seems to be baby's favorite place to kick/punch... not enjoyable!!! DH thinks its funny as I almost jump up whenever it happens.

i do, but strangely it was worse from about 6 - 18 weeks. at the moment it's just annoying.

Albs, that used to be my son's favorite thing to do and I did jump! I've been fortunate as this baby doesn't find it very entertaining.

So my girl turned again last night. Very very painful! She turned two and a half weeks ago as well, I hope this is normal?

With my son he must have been head down from the start as I know I would have remembered him turning.

I'm on reflux meds and if I don't take them in the morning with water at least 30 minutes before eating, then they don't work. I was told by my dr that I can take up to 300 mg of zantac (ranitidine sp?) a day then if that didn't work, they would try something else.

So far, I am able to manage with just 75 mg a day.

I failed my glucose tolerance test! Now I am going to have to do the 2 hr test to confirm it.
Anyone else taking their test soon?

I failed my glucose tolerance test! Now I am going to have to do the 2 hr test to confirm it.
Anyone else taking their test soon?

I'm type II diabetic, so the one perk to that is that I don't have to take a glucose tolerance test. I switched Drs. and had my first appt with my new Dr. on Friday. At the end of the appt. the nurse came in to give me some paperwork for the lab (I'm going today). I am RH negative and have to get the shot, and a whooping cough vaccine, and a GLUCOSE TOLERANCE TEST???? I was like, UM, I don't really see the point of that? She told me it had to be done. I told her it absolutely would not be done. I already know I am diabetic. I am on insulin. I am not going to drink that nasty stuff for no reason whatsoever. lol She said she would go talk to the Dr.

I was about to have a breakdown. She came back and said I was right and the Dr. said it wasn't necessary. YOU THINK? :dohh:

I was scared I picked the wrong Dr. for a min. there...

I have mine on the 30th. GRRRR not looking forward to it. The only good thing I guess is I got a punch flavored one this time instead of a orange one.

Not a good day. Had my midwife appt and it tools her 3 goes to get my blood (I do not have bad veins!) and then my anti d injection. Am battered and bruised and very grumpy. The whole thing made me feel giddy and unwell and really upset. I hate hospital appts as it was there at my 12 week appt I found out about mum so it brings bak bad memories. At least all my appointments from now tip term are at the gp surgery which is so much less stressful.
Finding gaviscon helpful but reckon I'll be heading for ranitidine soon....

I get the results of my GTT at my appt today.. hopefully all was good.

Bummer Sammycaine!! I hope it was a fluke day and that you pass the next one! I have my testing on the 1st.. :sick: Im so not looking forward to it, I nearly passed out 4 years ago when I had to take it with our DD.. YUCK. I didnt have GD then though so I hope its the same this time around..
Harriet- WOW its amazing how often things like that happen where the nurses just do what they know needs to be done routinely and dont really ask the dr until last minute.. BAH..
try4girl- I have the orange drink BUT I already have it in my fridge I just have to drink it an hour before my appt on the 1st.. ask if you can get yours with ice because it was SOO much easier when it was cold!
Beanhunter-Im sorry today was so awful :( I hope it gets better! just think Toddle will be here soon and no more appts!! Yay!
Bug222- I hope you passed so you dont have to go back!!

Mine has been in the fridge since the first of the month. I had the orange one last time and the nurse lied to me she told me it tasted like flat orange soda and I don't think she has even drank orange soda cause it was nothing like it.

I think they are told to say thats how it tastes... because thats all Ive ever heard too but its definitely NOT like that... I rather enjoy orange soda thanks! :haha:

well results are in- FAILED! So I have to do a 3 hour test tomorrow.

Apparently baby is also measuring small so I have to go for a growth scan to make sure everything is ok.

Not a good appt.

Good Luck tomorrow. On a side note they told me my 2 year old would be small but when he blessed us he was 8 lbs 15 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->