July Babies!

I have another question and I hope it doesn't sound to stupid. But I have been reading lots of post on here where moms want to be induced at like 37 week and 38 weeks is there a reason most seem to not be in the US is this a common practice in other areas of the world?
And if so why?

Here I think it is only done if it will benefit baby/mom. I know they do it if baby has a growth restriction, sometimes with GD, and with pre-e. They are talking about delivering me (would likely be a c-section) at 37 but only because my back is getting worse and worse.

Yeah they only do it if there is a problem usually, like baby measuring large or problems with mum that would stop if baby was born. This is the case in UK anyway xx

Thanks girls. Antibiotics seem to be kicking in and feeling a bit better today. Mums coming over to keep me company too which will be good.

hey i started a 4D thread for ladies to post their pics and we will compare them when babies are born

here is the link

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/999181-lets-start-4d-thread.html

Not long now ladies! Wonder which of us will be the first to pop out our babies?

The farm sounds amazing try4girl! I love animals!

I agree in the uk I don't think they induce early unless there are complications but not sure.

Glad you feel better beanhunter!

8 weeks to go roughly! So exciting!! X

I cant wait till we start putting up pictures of our little ones!! If this one comes early like her sister did then I have 10 weeks left! EEK!!

I was wondering the same thing biliboi! My mother delivered all of her babies four weeks early. If I take after her, I only have 5 weeks! I hope I don't because our nursery is not even close to being ready! We are putting in new carpet next Friday!

Beautiful pic Canada! Love seeing those little faces in there!

I think the cat poop has to do with outside cats that are hunters. If they kill mice and such they have a greater chance of carrying that toxo something or other. I believe I read that at the beginning. My doctor said if you have been around cats all your life, you may have built up an immunity to the toxo whatchamacallit. I grew up on a farm, so hopefully I am immune. I have an outside cat that kills moles and mice ALL the time. I always forget I should be careful. :)

Canada, what a beautiful little girl she is! I love those 4d pictures, you can really see what your baby's going to look like.

Beanhunter, feel better soon. Glad those antibiotics are working.

Try4, I think avoiding cat poop and pregnant sheep/lambs is enough -- it doesn't get you out of cleaning the barn, sorry!! My cat was hit by a car and spent a bit over a month in side -- I had to use gloves to clean his litter tray every time. I don't know which of us was happier when he got the all-clear to be an outside cat again!

My younger DD was 6 weeks early, so in my mind I'm trying to be ready from about 34 weeks again this time. Hope Tiddler holds on a while longer, though -- those early days were very stressful.

I really feel like we're in the final approach now and our babies are so close to being ready. Wonder which of us will give birth first?

Yuck. So I thought I was better and went to work. It was crazy busy and I've had to come home as I started having temps and feeling shivery again. Feel rubbish and hate feeling like I'm not pulling my weight. Realistically I'm going to be off tomorrow too. Hate letting people down.

Ahh beanhunter, you need to rest and relax. Try not to worry about work, you cant help being poorly. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs xx

oh feel better beanhunter :( take it easy!

afm- I went to the endo dr today and they actually dont think I have GD just going by my readings (YAY) so they are sending me to get the 3 hr test done since my obgyn didnt do it and if that comes back normal then I dont have to see the endo dr again. YAY!

Frisbee, hope that 3-hour test comes back clear! I wonder why your obgyn didn't send you for that before your endo visit? Seems like he's doing things the wrong way around.

Had another appointment with the doctor yesterday. Apparently my uterus is measuring alittle large for this far along, so I am going for a growth scan in two weeks. I can't wait to find out how big she is! Down side to my appointment is I passed the other Glucose test but my fasting is impaired, so I have to start watching my sugar intake. I will deal, she is worth it!

Not long now ladies! Wonder which of us will be the first to pop out our babies?

Ooh i wonder! I hope its not me. as much as im excited about meeting her, im not ready yet! The house i bought isnt ready, i dont have any nursery furniture or anywhere for her to sleep. Im banking on going 40+ weeks so pleeease hang on in there girl! Bought my pram yesterday though and its a beauty, so i feel a bit better now..

Hi ladies, just came across this thread, can i join? I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, its good reading stories from everyone due around the same time as me, is anyone else feeling a bit scared yet? I'm a first time mum, and so nervous!

What pram did you go for bunnikins?
We ordered our nursery furniture this week but it's not arriving til early June. I'm hoping for not before the 38w mark but not too much past my due date as I reckon I'll be massive and grumpy by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->