July Babies!

Well bp was really high today, so community midwives sent me to day assessment unit for monitoring. Checked bp, which went down over time, kick count, and baby's heartbeat. Said it was the best trace she's seen all day! So baby is fine its just my bp that is being annoying! Having bp checked at home on sun unless any other symptoms pop up.

The community mw thought they may keep me overnight - luckily I had a bag packed with toothbrush, toiletries etc - I recommend this ladies, even though its early - you never know!

Today is a good day. I passed the massive exam I sat in March even though I had bad MS and mum is unwell. Feeling v proud of myself.

I really liked the midwife I saw today so I called and told my old doc that I was changing and the office didn't seem to care. I am getting more and more excited now. The only sad thing is that I was supposed to have a ultrasound on monday with the old doc and the new midwife said they don't do ultrasounds after your 20 week scan :dohh: But I guess that is ok it would have been nice to see the little one again. My husband told me to look at it as now there is no way that they will slip the gender.

biliboi2 - I hope you are felling better.

beanhunter - congrats

Well done. I struggled getting out of bed when I had the sickness so can't even imagine passing an exam x x

Can you ladies list the things you are going to put in your bag for the hospital? I know here they charge for diapers at the hospital so i am going to take some. What about pads and pantyliners? First baby so I have NO idea, what things are going to be like after delivery. So, can you list the baby items you are taking and items for personal care? I don't want to take too much, but I want to be prepared...:shrug:

oh and our u/s to check my amniotic fluid and tiny girl's kidneys is tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers.

well with my DD they provided me with the "diapers" for YOU to wear after birth hahaha they are seriously massive but VERY helpful. I also brought 2 different sized onesies (she was born in the summer so onesies were enough) and just had a few diapers on hand. I had a change of clothes and my computer and phone... that was seriously it that I remember hahaha. DEFINITELY hoping for good news at the u/s tmro! my friend is 32 weeks and they are having a c-section tomorrow since her cerclage is stretching and shes having so many contractions that shes been in and out of the hospital since 24 weeks.. Shes had steroid shots to develop the babys lungs so shes actually measuring at 34 weeks and the baby is already 4.5 to 5 lbs.. please keep them in your thoughts...

Labour

Your birth plan
Maternity notes (don't forget them)
Nighties
Dressing gown
Slippers
Socks
Underwear – big knickers and nursing bras
Tankini type top?
Flannel
Towels

Tens machines
Hard sweets/snacks/drinks/magazines
Water spray/Cooling spray
Handheld fan

Your Partners Bag

2 T.shirts
fresh socks & pants
Toiletries bag
Hand towel
Camera (+ new battery if digital)

After Birth

Toiletries bag:

Brush
Hair bobble/band
Toothpaste + brushes
Shampoo, Conditioner, shower gel, moisturiser
Face wipes
Deodorant
Antibac wipes
Anti-bacterial travel sized gel
Lip balm
Makeup
Nipple cream
Nipple pads
Maternity pads

Plastic bags (dirty clothes)

Hand towel
Fresh Pajamas/Nightdresses
Socks
Breast pads
Nursing bras
Loose underwear/disposable knickers
Maternity pads
Fresh clothes for going home
Numbers on a seperate piece of paper incase of mobile problems
Spare loose change
Ear plugs

Books/ipad

For Your Baby

Car seat
2/3 baby vests – newborn and 0-3
2/3 baby grows – newborn and 0-3

Blanket
Nappies + bags
Wipes
Cotton wall buds
Bibs/muslins

Going home clothes
Socks or Booties
Hat + mittens
cardi/coat

is anyone else getting really uncomfortable with baby movement? i still love being able to feel him loads, and he never stays still long enough for me to ever worry about him. but it is starting to get difficult to concentrate on teaching or talking to people when bub is making a big for freedom butt first! he's so so strong and still has another month to get even stronger. eek.

Alba - absolutely!! It's a lovely feeling, but sometimes s/he gets into such uncomfortable positions!! I was driving along a motorway the other day and got a foot (or something) right behind my belly button. Then couldn't move around enough to get him/her to move, because I was stuck behind the wheel. Not funny!!

Me too Alba, it is hard to concentrate on work when baby is having a good wriggle around in there and your whole tummy is moving about! Like you I love the feeling but it does kind of make me stop now and pay attention to my bump as its so strong!

Yup - very offputting when you're trying to concentrate in work!

Yep me too, and im sure she moves more when im at work. i dont think she likes me being at work... i dont like it either! (4 more weeks to go :( )

Peace, will be thinking of u tomorrow, hope all is fine xx

Went to the u/s, they took a LONG time measuring every bit and piece of this little girl. She does have hydronephrosis, no idea how to spell it correctly, but she is just barely over the threshold. The doctor was not terribly concerned because the level of fluid did decrease while we were there, meaning she did pee and that kidney did function. We are to go back in three weeks and have another look. She said it was actually more common in boy babies? :shrug:

Amniotic fluid is perfectly normal!! Woo Hoo! Overall a good report. Just keeping tabs on that one kidney. Thanks for the support girls!

Oh and she is 4 lbs 5oz, has hair, moves lots (this I knew), and she waved at us. Perfectly adorable!!!

peace, so glad your u/s went well. the more i look into kidney problems in babies the more common it seems. i keep finding out that people i know had the same thing and everything turned out perfectly fine. i'm sure that will be the case for our little ones.

I am having really rough night. :dohh: Grrrr I am not sure how I am going to be a mom to three kids one of which has special needs and two so close in age. I really hope I am just being hormonal. I am excited that I have my first real midwife office visit tomorrow. I am not sure what all she is going to do, she said it will last an hour and they call it a nurse visit. Anyone got any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->