July Babies!

for me it feels like the baby is completely stretching out her arms and legs so shes straight and pushing against the opposite sides!!! GAH! she does it random times but oh my word its annoying when Im sitting! :wacko:

I am having really rough night. :dohh: Grrrr I am not sure how I am going to be a mom to three kids one of which has special needs and two so close in age. I really hope I am just being hormonal. I am excited that I have my first real midwife office visit tomorrow. I am not sure what all she is going to do, she said it will last an hour and they call it a nurse visit. Anyone got any advice?

hey, i hope you were just having a bad night and that you've now managed to get some rest. this is our first so i can't imagine how hard it must be with your third on the way. the only thing i can say is i think a lot of people go through a time when they worry they can't do it, but they always do, because they have to. i'm sure it will be really hard, but wonderful as well. you've got a whole new baby on it's way to fall in love with!
hope your midwife visit went well.

albs- Thank you I did get some rest. But I am still stressing but I know it will get better. My oldest is having a really rough time with school ending and that mean the routines are up in the air and that is never a good thing. I had a good midwife appt. and I got to hear the babies heart beat so that was great.

After reading everyones growth estimates I had my growth scan today!

At almost 33 weeks she is measuring almost 37 weeks. She is estimated at 6lbs 14oz! What am I going to do! My doc is not concerned. He says there is still a chance she could weigh less then 10lbs. He says we will deal with it as it comes.

Wow sammy!
At least they will keep an eye on u hopefully, and maybe not let u go too far over due?? X

I have a feeling I am not going to get a lot of sleep tonight, I just ate half a watermelon all by myself. It was so good.

sammycaine: we haven't had a scan since 29 weeks but our boy has always been measuring ahead and at 29 weeks he was estimated to be 1.658kg which puts him in the 96th percentile for size. like with you, the doc doesn't seem remotely concerned and isn't giving us any more scans. i was really worried, but my doc said that babies either fit or they don't, and it's very rare to grow a baby you can't birth, and as long as they fit all babies hurt the same. having spoken to friends who have had big and small babies it does seem that this could be true so i'm trying not to worry!

my doctor never tells me how big the baby is :(
I am going to make it a point to make him tell me on my next visit....he just says I'm healthy...lol

All he does is measures my tummy...is that how they determine the growth??

sammycaine: we haven't had a scan since 29 weeks but our boy has always been measuring ahead and at 29 weeks he was estimated to be 1.658kg which puts him in the 96th percentile for size. like with you, the doc doesn't seem remotely concerned and isn't giving us any more scans. i was really worried, but my doc said that babies either fit or they don't, and it's very rare to grow a baby you can't birth, and as long as they fit all babies hurt the same. having spoken to friends who have had big and small babies it does seem that this could be true so i'm trying not to worry!

That is reassuring for sure!

my doctor never tells me how big the baby is :(
I am going to make it a point to make him tell me on my next visit....he just says I'm healthy...lol

All he does is measures my tummy...is that how they determine the growth??

I believe your fundal height should be an inch per week you are pregnant?

Heres what wikipedia says:

Fundal height, or McDonald's rule, is a measure of the size of the uterus used to assess fetal growth and development. It is measured from the top of the mother's uterus to the top of the mother's pubic bone in centimeters. It should match the fetus' gestational age in weeks within 1 to 3 cm, e.g., a pregnant woman's uterus at 26 weeks should measure 23 to 29 cm. This is valid from 24 weeks.
Most caregivers will record their patient's fundal height on every prenatal visit. Measuring the fundal height can be an indicator of proper fetal growth[1] and amniotic fluid development.

My fundal height has always been right by dates in all my pregnancies, regardless of what size they were when they came out. With this one I'm not counting my chickens on size, just waiting to see.

Anybody else experiencing rib pain? I've had it for about a week now, left hand side, all the way around the bottom of my ribs left to right. Midwife says it's because of my uterus pushing on my ribcage and there's nothing to do about it but wait. Seriously not fun!!!

Yeah im getting rib pain too but on both sides :(

Since my fundal height has been measured ive always been 2cm bigger, have a midwife appointment next week so we'll see if im slowing down or still bigger lol

I am getting rib pain too, can get really sore and uncomfortable. I find it worse if I slouch or if I have eaten too much. x

just had an appt and Im measuring at 32 weeks! Shes doing great in there haha still kicked the doppler away but at least her heart rate is good and shes pretty much right on time :happydance:

I get the rib pain too... I was asking DH the other day how much pressure the ribs can take as sometimes it feels like they have about reached their limit!!!

We were measuring 2cm ahead and they checked my amniotic fluid, said it was high. Checked again, normal :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->