July Babies!

It's been a hell of a week for me. Last weekend I had to rush my husband to the urgent care due to stomach pains, turns out he needed emergency surgery to remove his appendix and 2 days later they needed to remove his gallbladder, so he was in the hospital until Tuesday, the first night in the hospital I was getting major BH contractions but they weren't consistent, and I was fine the next day, still getting them off and on now though...I had to take care of him for a couple days, I hate to sound coldhearted but I'm supposed to be taken care of! And I wish I could do more for him but I can barely bend over to pick stuff up off the ground. He's a lot better now though and at least it happened before the baby came and not during! Also, my dog has been pooping blood so we had to rush her to the vet, still waiting on blood work but from what they could see she was ok. But they saw that she had a ruptured disc in her spine, which is sooo not good! I just need a break! And I'm still working for another 3 weeks, I don't know if I'll make it. Might have to start leave early...

Wow if I were you I would def take an early leave. You should relax a bit before baby arrives

Congrats Sammy.

My checkup didn't go well today. I have been having intense cramping but have made no progress. Not only that, her movements have changed but I was always able to get her to respond so didn't say anything about it until today b/c I could get her moving with no issues. Then to learn she is measuring 2 weeks behind when she had been measuring right on the entire pregnancy.

I had a NST today, will repeat friday, monday and have a scan on tuesday. Talk about a downer of a day. I'm trying not to be concerned but can't help it. I'm not gaining weight either so all these factor into concerns.

Im getting pressure in my back and down stairs like I need to have a BM and yet Ill sit there for a few minutes and nothing will happen.. I wont find out if Im dilated until the 5th at my next appt.. unless I get more consistant BH because Im starting to feel them in my back :wacko:

Well I saw the MW today. 1/5 engaged still so ready to go. STill getting tightenings but nothing regular and no other signs. Seeing consultant on weds about the possible extra fluid.
Bunnikins - does a max pool depth of 10.4cm at 37+5 sound like anything to worry about. I reckon it's entirely an incidental finding but don't want everything to now become medicalised because of it. Hope the baby had just had a big wee. I can't have too
Much extra fluid as bump measures spot on 50th centile as did baby on growth scan on sat so surely if there was extra fluid bump would be measuring big?
Hoping I go into labour before then so I don't have to deal with all this but know that's unlikely :(

Increased fluid is a bit subjective... depends on the person doing the scan really. I generally go by a deepest pool of over 8cm is a bit more than usual.. but then i would go ahead and do a proper measurement (called an AFI) and if THIS is increased.. then i will call it increased. A deepest pool alone is a bit meaningless cos all the fluid you have could be pooled in one spot or spread out in the uterus. It can sometimes mean baby is big.. or can sometimes result in delivering earlier if theres enough to put enough pressure on the uterus.. is your tummy measuring large?

Bump measures spot on 50th as did baby on growth scan. Have also only put on 1st in pregnancy and bmi was 24 Pre pregnancy. - cant really see how there could be extra fluid given that. Was scanned by a midwife so hoping that tomorrow will either be a sonographer or one of the fetal medicine consultants. She didn't do my AFI. Community midwife today was fairly reassuring so hoping its all a fuss over nothing but doesn't stop me stressing. Being a doctor (but having not done o&g since medschool) doesn't help the anxiety levels at all.
As for early labour well I'm over 38w now so anytime is fine by me! Am so uncomfy at night and getting such frequent BH that I'm ready not to be pregnant. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sorry things are tough overcomer. Hope you get some answers and a plan. I think the not knowing what they will do is the hardest part. :hugs:

Hope thinks are OK overcomer.. not long to go now so at least if they decide baby needs to come out, she'll be fine.

afisppq, sounds like youre having a tough time. I would say u definitely need some time off work to relax before baby comes!

Beanhunter.. u need an AFI doing, and i bet its normal! Usually polyhydramnios will present with a huge, tight tummy.. so if youve not got that.... x x

Lots of hugs for everyone having a not so good time at the moment :hugs::hugs:

Yes sending hugs & thoughts out for all our July thread ladies not having a very good time at the moment. Not long now for any of us and we'll all have our babies in our arms xx

:hugs:
big hugs to all doing it tough at the mo. as mrs w says, not long until we all have our bubs here!

Sorry for all you ladies with trouble! Not long now though!

Early maternity leave is awesome! I have worked my rear off already, but I feel so much better about her coming! Mom and I are going to shop for the coming home outfit tomorrow!

Thanks for the hugs. It's hard as I didn't sleep a lot last night because I kept tabs on her. I do appreciate my concerns taken seriously and am even more thankful that we fought my DH to have FMLA from 28 weeks onward until after birth as I don't drive. My friend who lost her babies last week is being very supportive and a big help to us so we are taking her to dinner friday night. I really think atm she is ok but it makes me want to fight for an induction at 39 weeks even more now. However, if there is any indication that something is wrong, they'd better plan on taking her out. That's all I can say to the staff. Most of the drs are very good (except one) so I'm hoping she isn't on call.

I'm still fighting my cold/ear infection. I need to do some work around here but just a bit disappointed with my lack of progress. Also we are going in friday to see what the next step in diagnosing my knee is and hopefully the dr can write the orders. It is fine as long as I don't do too much but we don't want to assume it will get better as I have a physical job.

Ok here comes my mini rant

For the past week I could have sworn I was in the beginning stages of dilating. I went to my OB appt just to find out I'm as closed as a trap door! I'm sooooo upset and mad...I'm so done with being preggers.....I just want to see and have my baby and end all of the nightly charley horses in my calves, the uncomfortable feelings, just everything!

I also feel guilty because m starting to get mad at my bubba and it's not her fault that she is not ready. Plus it s just so strange that I am taking this to heart when I'm not ven at my due date! Just wanna cry.....wait, I am crying lol

Ok I'm done

Ok here comes my mini rant

For the past week I could have sworn I was in the beginning stages of dilating. I went to my OB appt just to find out I'm as closed as a trap door! I'm sooooo upset and mad...I'm so done with being preggers.....I just want to see and have my baby and end all of the nightly charley horses in my calves, the uncomfortable feelings, just everything!

I also feel guilty because m starting to get mad at my bubba and it's not her fault that she is not ready. Plus it s just so strange that I am taking this to heart when I'm not ven at my due date! Just wanna cry.....wait, I am crying lol

Ok I'm done

You gotta love the hormones for making us all highly emotional! It wont be long now.. hang on in there. The longer you wait, the happier youll be when it happens :thumbup:

The symptom spotting is a bit like TTC isnt it, everyone says dont symptom spot just relax and try not to think about it - but its impossible and we all do it anyway!

Every twinge I wonder if it could be starting but really have no idea. Luckily in the UK we dont know anything re dilation in advance so I wont know. Baby was 2/5 engaged last week so hopefully fully engaged or heading that way soon. I have a sweep booked for my due date next week so will know how favourable the cervix is by then.

I just keep telling myself, I found out at 4 weeks and am 39 weeks tomorrow so have knowingly been pregnant for 35 long weeks now. The baby will be here probably within 2 weeks but most definately within 4 weeks. We've done so long, we can do a few more weeks ladies. Hang in there!!

Plus my best friend had her baby sunday and she hasnt slept since last friday so as amazing as it is and as happy as she is I think she'd happily pop baby back inside for a few hours sleep!!

Hugs xx

hahaha Everyone says they want to stick them back in! I am sure we will all feel the exact same way!

I lost my plug yesterday and had my first bh today. Makes me feel like labor will not be a distant dream. I was starting to get concerned! Hopefully she will get here at least by her due date! It is hot, hot here at a nice even 100 degrees so I am not really looking forward to the wait.

I go Friday to see if I have dilated. I haven't had anything but cramping so I kind of doubt it! FX!

Sorry Canada! Keep your chin up! These little girls are in there getting beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->