July Babies!

So my little girl is breech and very stubborn. She won't turn and I'm too small to safely turn her :nope: My OB is calling later with a scheduled c-section date for either Thursday or Friday morning of next week...

Freaking out a little as I don't feel like I'm ready even though everything is done and packed... :shrug:

I'm excited to meet her but I feel like it's all snuck up on me (silly I know as I've only had over 30 weeks to adjust :haha:)

On the plus side she's measuring spot on and an estimated 6lbs 15oz already! My OB said she would have been nearly 10lbs if I went on time or over!

my csection is booked for next Friday! I feel the same its like someone has robbed the last 30 odd weeks from me lol. All along I've been casually thinking 'yeah im having a baby in July.... ages to go...' and now all of a sudden its next week! Ahhh! :haha:

I'm booked in for next Friday at 8am! Our baby girls will have the same birthday!

Aww awesome! :) and I just noticed they are both having the middle name Elizabeth :)

That's too funny! :)

well today's my D-Day and nothing yet!
i thought i felt something this morning, it was like super strength braxton hicks so i got excited. however, i think i was just hungry! :dohh:

beanhunter, have you tried :sex: and possibly pumping? even if you dont have milk in yet apparently the nipple stimulation can do the trick :thumbup: i hope you get the water birth you want!!

Sorry I havent posted anything else but we have been busy!

Jocelyne Nicole was born on Friday June 22 at 1026pm. My water broke at 0410 that morning. We were at the hospital by 5am and went for observation. I was already 3cm. Luckily my Dr was on call that day and started me on a drip of oxytocin to speed things up. Three hours later I was 4cm, that was discouraging. A lot of the rest is a blur because the contractions picked up and were quite painful. I did get an epidural, that was also a struggle. I am very overweight and the person doing the epidural said he was having trouble feeling were to insert it, so I got poked at least 5 times trying to get it in the right place, but I sure am glad I did it. I felt warm and tingly inside within minutes and was able to get some rest. The pressure picked up around 930 pm and started to push. It really does feel like you are having a bowel movement, I never really believed that when people told me, but wow, there was no other way to describe it. I honestly didn't think I could get her out, it really hurt, but there was no turning back. Her shoulder did get stuck so the Dr had to turn her. Luckily by now they had closed the door to my delivery suite because I was scaring the beejesus out of the women laboring in the next room.

She was put on my chest and I was in love and totally forgot saying I didn't think I could do it. It really is amazing ladies!

She had to spend quite afew hours under the lights to break down the bilirubin in her system, she was quite a yellow baby.We were discharged on Monday and came home. We had an appointment to have it checked again the next day and it had spiked, we were admitted and spent the last two nights in the hospital with her under the lights again.

Things are perfect now! It is my and my husbands 4th wedding anniversary today and we are home with our little girl!!

Sorry I wrote so much but I wanted to share our adventure!
And here she is! Taken today after discharge.

Attachments

• Jocelyne.jpg
    Jocelyne.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
awwww she is beautiful and perfect! congrats!! What a Blessing

Congrats sammiecaine and readyornot, they are gorgeous babies, hope you are all doing well xxx

Congrats sammycaine - she's beautiful.

Yep, tried sex and had curry last night. Pineapple for breakfast today. Feel a little crampy this morning and as usual plenty of BH but think it is all wishful thinking. Just hoping bp is down enough to be left for the weekend to try to go into labour on my own. Will also try begging for a sweep today if not being induced but pretty sure they will say no as not even 39 weeks yet :(

just seen the doc and induction is booked for july 10th if he hasn't made an appearance before then. i've got to go in for a CTG and hopefully a sweep on the 4th as well. clearly baby boy is going to take after his laid back dad rather than his punctuality freak mum!

aww sammy thanks for sharing your story and photo, baby is gorgeous. well done!

Good luck peace!
Waiting for midwife. Hoping I don't have to be induced. Am crampy +++ this am. If I'm not being admitted I'm going to try to persuade mw to do a sweep and hope it starts me off.

good luck peace & bean! keep us posted, sending positive labour vibes for you.

Good luck peace and bean! Today's my birthday so a good day to have a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->