July Babies!

Well my appointment was fairly mixed. Fluid is def increased but not increasing and consultant said overall not too worried. I can still go to mw led unit (it's next door to delivery suite) but need bloods on arrival and must have a managed 3rd stage as chance of a bleed is higher. He wants baby to have an Ng tube in and out before first feed to make sure there isn't a blockage although this is unlikely. He also wants my 41 week appt to be with him rather than MW so if I'm still pregnant then he will recan to make sure fluid not any worse. Got the impression that he thinks I'll deliver before then though but who knows!
Typically though my bp was way up today. I think it was just anxiety but have to go get it rechecked tomorrow and if still up will prob be induced. Didn't see that coming!
I know what you mean about symptom spotting - its driving me mad!

Ohh peace thats good, no signs of plug over here 39 weeks tomorrow! Never had a BH yet, starting to think baby will be late! Movement has slowed down tho so must be conserving some energy.

Beanh good news that you can go to the mw led centre as you wanted. Fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long.

x

So my little girl is breech and very stubborn. She won't turn and I'm too small to safely turn her :nope: My OB is calling later with a scheduled c-section date for either Thursday or Friday morning of next week...

Freaking out a little as I don't feel like I'm ready even though everything is done and packed... :shrug:

I'm excited to meet her but I feel like it's all snuck up on me (silly I know as I've only had over 30 weeks to adjust :haha:)

On the plus side she's measuring spot on and an estimated 6lbs 15oz already! My OB said she would have been nearly 10lbs if I went on time or over!

sounds promising peacelikeariv!! Beanhunter if you try and relax (I know its definitely easier said than done!!) your Bp might be on its best behavior for you! Ive never had an induction, but I hear it just goes so fast that the pain is so intense! WOW peterspooky! next week!!! So exciting!!
hubs and I did the deed monday night and HOLY COW not even 2 minutes after we got up I had BH! They continued every 10 to 15 minutes apart ALL DAY tuesday! Im still getting a few but they have slowed.. I really think Im losing my plug though as its been a DRASTIC increase in the discharge! I called my MW and they said to wait until they were very consistant at 5 minutes apart and uncomfortable/painful.. We are all so close ladies!! June ends this weekend!!!! :happydance:

Well my appointment was fairly mixed. Fluid is def increased but not increasing and consultant said overall not too worried. I can still go to mw led unit (it's next door to delivery suite) but need bloods on arrival and must have a managed 3rd stage as chance of a bleed is higher. He wants baby to have an Ng tube in and out before first feed to make sure there isn't a blockage although this is unlikely. He also wants my 41 week appt to be with him rather than MW so if I'm still pregnant then he will recan to make sure fluid not any worse. Got the impression that he thinks I'll deliver before then though but who knows!
Typically though my bp was way up today. I think it was just anxiety but have to go get it rechecked tomorrow and if still up will prob be induced. Didn't see that coming!
I know what you mean about symptom spotting - its driving me mad!

Its really good they are being so thorough though. I wouldnt want it any other way really, even if chances are all will be absolutely fine.

Peters Pooky that is so exciting, not long at all now! I kind of wish i knew when it was all gonna happen, sometime in the next 4 weeks is way too vague. I hate surprises!

Its July on sunday! Yay! Good luck everyone xxx:happydance:

So I had a bit of an eventful night. Yesterday DH and I had to go to the pharmacy for him to get his pertussis vaccine. I had a really bad headache so decided to check my BP. It has been great the entire pregnancy- around 110/70. It was 140/96. I went home and laid down on the couch for a while, we had dinner etc, around 9:30 my headache had gotten a lot worse and I was now feeling really dizzy. We went to a different pharmacy (one closer to us) and my BP was up to 141/105. I ended up having to go into triage to be assessed... they ran a ton of bloodwork, BP was still 140's/100's when I got there. They did a NST which looked good. Luckily no protein in my urine. They were going to start me on labetalol but luckily my BP came down to 130's/90's. So they let me come home to be on strict bedrest until tomorrow.. I have to have my BP checked today though so think good BP thoughts for me. Right now it is just considered PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension), hoping I can keep it out of the pre-e category for the next day!

Yes ive been on twice weekly bp checks and on labetalol for a while - its doing the trick! Just watch out for other symptoms eh headaches swelling, pain in body.

They sound similar readings to mine. It's got to be less than 150 top no and 90 bottom no tomorrow. I'm sure it will be as I know I was v anxious today in clinic. It's usually 105/60 and was 120/78 on Monday when I'd just rushed to the gp surgery. Just be good to know.
Thanks bunnikins - I'm glad they are being thorough too. Sometimes being medical sucks though as I tend to imagine worse case scenarios as they are what you see at work not all the nice normal outcomes!

Just noted they've put you on meds though? I was told they would just crack on and induce me if mine stays high as I'm over 38 weeks. Have they mentioned anything about delivery to you?

No as long as the labetalol keeps the bp down, and there is no protein in my urine, they will let me be.

So my little girl is breech and very stubborn. She won't turn and I'm too small to safely turn her :nope: My OB is calling later with a scheduled c-section date for either Thursday or Friday morning of next week...

Freaking out a little as I don't feel like I'm ready even though everything is done and packed... :shrug:

I'm excited to meet her but I feel like it's all snuck up on me (silly I know as I've only had over 30 weeks to adjust :haha:)

On the plus side she's measuring spot on and an estimated 6lbs 15oz already! My OB said she would have been nearly 10lbs if I went on time or over!

my csection is booked for next Friday! I feel the same its like someone has robbed the last 30 odd weeks from me lol. All along I've been casually thinking 'yeah im having a baby in July.... ages to go...' and now all of a sudden its next week! Ahhh! :haha:

my csection is booked for next Friday! I feel the same its like someone has robbed the last 30 odd weeks from me lol. All along I've been casually thinking 'yeah im having a baby in July.... ages to go...' and now all of a sudden its next week! Ahhh! :haha:

I'm booked in for next Friday at 8am! Our baby girls will have the same birthday!

congratulations Sammy (sorry i'm a bit late) and I'm sorry to read that some of you are having a tough time with your pregnancies and other unrelated issues.

Can't wait to see who's next! I know my bump buddy bug is due her induction today.

Attachments

• babypic1.jpg
    babypic1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 7
absolutely beautiful readyornot!! hope you are both doing well.

ReadyORnot... he is beautiful, congratulations. I really am jealous now... i want mine!

He's so cute ready!

I feel fine. BP still borderline today so I've had bloods done and midwife coming to my house to recheck tomorrow. If still up then it's one for induction which terrifies me. Have scrubbed the floors and taken dog for a walk. Plotting curry for dinner I see if I can persuade this one to appear on its own. Really don't wanted an induced labour. My thoughts of a lovely calm waterbirth seem to be drifting away at a rapid rate. Will keep you posted.

I'm booked in for next Friday at 8am! Our baby girls will have the same birthday!

Aww awesome! :) and I just noticed they are both having the middle name Elizabeth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->