July Babies!

:hugs: to all of you ladies
I'm so sorry to hear so many of you have spotting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you, spotting often is completely harmless and just a part of pregnancy. It does make me feel guilty though, I'm worried silly and testing several times a day while I have a perfect little girl at home already and the pregnancy (early as it is at only 4+2) isn't giving me any troubles at all. Then there's all of you ladies, probably so much more worried than I am.

Unfortunately I don't think the worry will lift any time soon, I know it didn't with me the first time around. We'll always find a reason to worry about our babies, I guess it's completely normal =)

Good luck to all of those who have scans coming up in the next week. I hope it will bring some peace of mind.

With my first I had cramping before I got my bfp, same again this time. With my first my boobs grew in size relatively early on, but apart from that I never had any pregnancy symptoms until the heartburn kicked in at the end. I can't believe how different this pregnancy is already, even though I've only had my positive test for 3 days. I've been soooo tired in the evening, noticed this before my test even turned positive. I'm also having cravings already, which is such a weird thing!! I want meat so badly, where as usually I'm not much of a meat eater. I polished of nearly an entire (small!) chicken yesterday :blush:

Thankyou all for your thoughts. I'll update tomorrow night when I've had my scan. Hope all goes well for the other ladies who are having problems or r worried. I just wish time would go quicker! Then again, when does the worry ever end? That's just part of being pregnant, and then being a mother I guess xxx

I am thinking spotting is more common than we realize. I have been spotting since I got my BFP. I got my BFP on November 8th and since then I have only had about 5-6 days without spotting. It is still worrisome, so I am just trying to listen to my body and take it easy. If I feel crampy, I sit down. My doctor put me on pelvic rest and I eliminated all caffeine out of my diet. My hcg levels are rising beautifully though...so I am trying desperately to focus on the positive. I do not want worry and stress to make it worse (easier said than done I know as I tend to obsess on things- google can be my worst enemy at times!). I got some books at the library, TV has become my new best friend, and I am trying to do relaxing social things. And I keep reminding myself that every women is different and for some of us we spot during the first trimester. My sister-in-law spotted with all 4 of her children and each one came out healthy.
So I think the best we can do is just take each day at a time, keep our minds busy, and remember the positives. I wish us all a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

Yes i agree lysh.Googling and frantically researching miscarriage rates, etc, is NOT good! Im trying to occupy my mind. Im going out in the countryside in a minute for a nice pot of tea in a lovely little cafe. Stress doesnt do a pregnancy any good at all! xxxx

Thanks girls! You all are a big help since DH and I are not sharing with anyone.:flower: I am still spotting only when I wipe, but all of it is brown. My pelvic region feels very tender, not sure if this is in my head or not. :blush:

Thinking about the rest of you girls with some worries, which is all of you! haha I agree with the above, it is now our job to start the worries! Keeping the faith!

I hope over the next several days all you girls get reassuring news :hugs:

Brown blood = old blood, definitely nothing to worry about! It's just your body getting rid of old lining now that your uterus is expanding.

It makes sense that a lot of ladies spot really, even with fresh blood. There's a lot going on inside our body, organs moving, some stretching and expanding and on top of that we have a little one getting comfy and 'burrowing' it's way in. By the stats it's about 1 in 4 woman that have spotting during early pregnancy - very common!! It isn't a sign of anything bad, and your chances of a healthy pregnancy are the same as anyone elses. As long as it's just spotting, it should be just fine. Still worrying though, not denying that.

Lets focus on the more positive...
What symptoms do you have so far? Did any of them surprise you?

I mentioned mine in the previous post, but will bullet point them for ease:
  • Cramping (uterus stretching)
  • Cravings (mostly for meat, both white and red)
  • Tiredness! Not extreme yet, but a lot worse than usual
  • Spotty skin

mines the same but no meat craving just tired, crampy, back ache and spotty just want it to be 8 weeks so can get a private scan xx

Keeping everything crossed for you girls. I feel crappy today. MS really kicked in and struggling to keep much down. Work this weekend has been a massive struggle as I feel sick and tired. Also still getting cramps. Have my scan tomorrow (because of all the prev surgery) and super nervous. Think I'll be 6+4 tomorrow. Super nervous. Really hope it's not too early to see a heartbeat.

I am at 5 weeks + 1 day and I have tender breasts (they seems a little sorer each day), I am tired, bloated, and cramping every now and then.

I'm 8 weeks now and having really bad food aversions. Thoughts of certain foods leave me really nauseous, yuck (I just thought of a few and now feel sick :lol:)

I'm also having food cravings. I can't get enough milk and we're almost out so DH is going to buy a few more cartons today. I've been drinking tons of hot chocolate too, and eating bananas and pears like they're going out of style.

I haven't been sick yet, but I get close in the evenings and suffer from really bad heartburn at bedtime. m/s is far worse in the evenings for me.

If my BBs weren't so sore (particularly my left one, which is now visibly larger than my right) I'd probably still be peeing on a stick daily just to convince myself I'm really pregnant!
I have no nausea or sickness but my appetite has all but vanished and I have to force myself to eat and drink.
Occasional cramps (mild and mostly on the left).
I don't seem to be having any other symptoms at the moment other than severe bloating.

Sounds like we all share the same early symptoms then, and some of you have the dreaded sickness added on to it as well. I'm not bloated yet, but still have a few weeks to get to that stage. Hope it won't get too bad, as I'm hoping to keep this pregnancy under wraps until after our first scan.

I was worried yesterday cos my symptoms had gone, but today i feel sick. I dunno if its cos im worried though, or whether its s symptom! I hope its a symptom (but if it is, i hope it doesnt last too long cos i HATE feeling sick!!)

I was worried yesterday cos my symptoms had gone, but today i feel sick. I dunno if its cos im worried though, or whether its s symptom! I hope its a symptom (but if it is, i hope it doesnt last too long cos i HATE feeling sick!!)

When I'm having symptoms I wish they'd go away but the minute they vanish I start to totally panic! I think it's just the way it goes!
:hugs:

Basically, we all go insane for 9 months! :wacko::winkwink:

^^ yeah :rofl:

Ive got back ache, cramps, im SOOOOOOO tired it is untrue and my nausea is back with a bang - even had to put on my travel sickness bands yesterday - I HATE them, i had to wear them all day during my last pregnancy to help take the edge off the nausea, i wouldnt have minded so much but it lasted the WHOLE 9 months :nope: i really dont want to go through that again, esp if i need to wear them in work everyone will know im pregnant :dohh:

Ive been feeling dreadful for this last week, but im not sure if its been pregnancy or actual illness :wacko: Bit of both i think maybe, cos DF hasnt been too well either. Had a good day yesterday had no nausea or indigestion (ive been getting both really bad) so thought maybe it was all gonna stop! But no it hit me hard today and i was actually sick for the first time :( Hate feeling rubbish!

hel_5 ive heard about those bands you can get, do they actually work?? where do you get them from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->