July Babies!

Overcomer- unfortunatley I am i the same position as you.. I have been told sea bands can help. Haven't tried them yet as I haven't been able to leave the house in the last few days :sick:

Hi Kiwi- I'll have to go check out the other thread again :) Congrats on your BFP! We should be bump buddies!!

Crazy, I know- I've got too much time on my hands today I guess- but I just finished catching up on this thread all 60+ pages!

I'm at 5 wks today and it's a bit of a milestone for me- I lost my previous 2 beginning at 5wks on the dot. So far no sign of blood today. Just feeling really tired even tough I slept 11 hours last night.

i just posted on your response to my "4 & 5 week hcg levels". looks like we're one day apart from eachother! i'm (supposedly) 5 wks 1 day :flower:

and i know exactly what you mean about being tired...i've gone to bed around 7 - 7:30 each night for the last week! :sleep:

:wave: hi to all the new BFP's! :happydance:

who has scans this week?

for evening sickness I've been drinking a glass of cold milk while in bed and then go right to sleep. It seems to settle the extra acid which seems to be my biggest problem at night. A few times a hard boiled egg an hour before bed was enough protein to fill me up but not so much food that I felt more ill. If that makes sense :haha:

aww midwife had to cancel my booking appointment on Thurs so got it on Sunday now, and she should book a scan then too as by their dates I am 12 weeks, by mine I am 8 weeks on thurs.

Ooh i didnt know they did them on a Sunday. I was worried about having to take time off work!

I think its only cos she had to cancel my appointment that she offered the weekend one. But if she has to go on to "labour duty" she may have to cancel again.

This is really weird but my 3 year old daughter is having symptoms!! i have bad food aversions and now so does she, and she keeps complaining of feeling sick! She's a very bright girl and she knows whats happening with me, my oh thinks its cute as he has symptoms too!! it must be a family thing haha i didn't think this was possible but she had a hot chocolate yesterday and we both went green haha! anyone else experienced this? :D

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing.

My sickness has finally started. I was getting worried that I had not symptoms.

8 weeks today and another midwife appt on Friday :happydance:

Hope you're all ok :hugs::hugs:

Hopingforno2 - aww! That's so cute =D The 2 of you must get along well. I can't say I've seen any symptoms in my 20 month old, but think she's just too young. DH did share some of my symptoms with the first pregnancy though.

Well, I contacted the midwives (one to one midwives) yesterday afternoon through their website - self referral. This morning at 9 and 10.30 I had missed calls, at 11am I managed to answer and it was one of the midwives. She's had an appointment cancelled, so she'll be over at 2pm today for my first visit...
That's in half an hour!! =D

The 10miU tests came back stupidly light again this morning, my phone won't pick up on the lines. Might try the camera tonight, will see. Either way, I've given up on those tests now. I'll probably use my other Tesco test on either Friday or Monday, I'm happy enough with that line.

hopingforno2- my daughter is only 2 and she seems oblivious to my symptoms, but DH has them already :haha: He shared all my symptoms through my last pregnancy and he whines much more than me about it and I'm the one who is actually pregnant!!

Well no sleep for me again last night. I am a major insomniac but wasn't sick last night. I am so tired but want to do some house cleaning. First on the list is give the dog a bath :/

Erised - thats fab, let us know how you get on, i wouldnt worry too much about the tests, a positive is a positive.

overcomer79 - no sleep isnt fun :hugs: can you nap during the day at all?

luckily no one in my family seems to have my symptons,thank god, dont think i could deal with more people getting sick!!

just had the letter through from the hosp, got a scan on 12th jan - its AGEEEESSSSSS away, god knows how im going to wait that long, i think most people will have guessed by then :dohh:

The midwife lady was lovely! Her name is Karla and she'll be my midwife during this pregnancy & labour. She stayed for a good 45 minutes, just chatting about what the one-to-one midwife service does, their approach to labour etc. It was good. Eleanor (our toddler) made a friend of her right away too, which was surprising as she's usually quite shy. Karla brought me some information, just the regular stuff about diet, the tests they offer etc and ... a 90 pack of folic acid!! Now, I've been taking it for 6 months anyway, so have plenty, but I honestly didn't expect that. I've never been given anything on the NHS without needing a prescription for it first. That was nice =)

There is a fair thingy on on the 4th of December with even more information and samples of things, so we'll probably go there. My next appointment with her will be on the 4th of January (next year, that's aaaaages away), I should be roughly 10 weeks then. By my own calculations I'll be 10+4. We'll discuss my medical background, any complications during my first pregnancy etc then. We'll also book me in for the NT scan then, and she'll combine that with a dating scan. Said scan should be mid Jan somewhere.

I'm feeling rather positive =)
I might try to talk DH into getting a private scan before then, to see if there's a heartbeat. Not only will it put my mind at rest, we said we could tell family after our first scan. With Miss Moo we told people after a scan at 7 weeks, it would be nice to do the same this time around and have people know by Christmas. Besides... our landlady has just told us she'll be putting £60 back into our account after the next rent, as a gesture towards Christmas. The scan is £65, so technically we'd only be £5 worse off? That's logic, right? ;)

Hel - where are you in Ireland? I suspect my scan will be next year too - so jealous of all these ladies getting early ones!!

Hel - where are you in Ireland? I suspect my scan will be next year too - so jealous of all these ladies getting early ones!!

Cork, tbh the hosp is grand, i would say its a week later than i hoped just because of christmas and the new year

So being home is incredibly boring! I've watched everything on my pvr and sleep like 15hrs a day! On a good note, I've lost the 5 pounds I gained over the last few weeks and I don't know how. Pizza is currently my favorite food group!

How is everyone else today?

Feeling very sick today.
I hoping have my 12 week scan before Xmas too! x

Hello all. I also felt awful this morning and struggled through the first few hours of work. Just tomorrow to go and then I'm off for 10 days thankfully. We are going to the Lake District for a few days for my 30th.
Finding things pretty tough at the moment. My mum has suspected ovarian cancer. I'm taking her to her appointment next Tuesday. It seems so unfair, she had leukaemia 7 years ago so I feel like it's not her turn if you know what I mean?
My 12 week scan is on the 28th dec so trying to look forward too it but this is all kind of taking over. :(

:hugs: beanhunter, sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is ok.

Erised, your midwife sounds lovely :D

Hope all you sick ladies start to feel better soon!

I've got my scan tomorrow. I wish I'd never had that first one, all it's caused is stress :wacko: I hope I can stay with you ladies...

Aww beanhunter i hope your mum is OK!

Good luck with ur scan tomorrow sapphire.

Hope everyone is OK. Im just starting to feel very very sick! xxx

Beanhunter so sorry to hear about your mom! I will be thinking of you and her.

Erised, Awesome logic on the cost! That is how I bought my tests for this little bean. He or She gets 50$ of my budget each month as a nest egg. I took money out of there because technically it was for him/her. Right? haha

I have not had much m/s at all. Just the one day for sure, but today I started to put sunflower seeds on my salad and had to throw them away. It was terrible! I LOVE sunflower seeds! Didn't know the sickness would change my good habits!

Beanhunter- so sorry to hear about your mum.. I hope her appt goes well.

Is anyone else loosing weight? I haven't been able to keep anything down this week.. lost 6 pounds in the last 4 days.. luckily I have been on days off but back to work on Friday and I really don't know how I'm going to cope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->