July Babies!

Overcomer - Ignore all the negative ninnies, you only need to be concerned with your own feelings and what you think is best for you and bean

Sapphire - Oh I hope that the wait goes fast and ends in a liccle beanie that is just hiding!

Erised - Spotting is so common, I am sure you'll be fine honey

Everyone else.....heres hoping all the m/s and general 'urgh-ness' settles down soon so we can enjoy overeating over Christmas! :happydance:

Overcomer - ignore people who come back with silly comments hon. I've got absolutely no medical knowledge and can understand why you would want to go into labour earlier, to avoid what happened with your first pregnancy. Whether or not it lowers your chances of it happened, I don't know ... but I'd say so! More importantly, if it makes *you* feel better than that's the way to go! It's not as if you're asking for a pre-term labour.

Thanks for all the hugs and positive thoughts everyone =)
I have to say I'm very impressed with the midwife so far. She's absolutely lovely. I texted her, and she called me back about an hour later full of apologies that it took her so long to get back to me. She hadn't seen my text. She's actually off right now, and was about to head out for a wedding, yet offered to come around and see me before she went to the wedding. Bless her. I told her to go and have fun, that she wouldn't be able to do anything here anyway. She said she'll call me tomorrow to check how I'm doing, and she'll come and see me on Monday.

If this pregnancy continues into a full term baby, I know I'm incredibly lucky to have the support I have from the midwife. Honestly so different from when pregnant with Eleanor.

Wow erised she sounds like a brilliant midwife! I hope all turns out OK for you. It seems so common to have bleeding during pregnancy, and it must be so scary... but it doesnt necessarily mean anything bad. Fingers crossed u get some answers on Mon.

Overcomer, just ignore any negative comments from strangers... they dont mean a thing! U know best about your situation, not anyone else! xxx

No worries Erised! She is just snuggling in a little tighter!

I think yours is a girl btw! :thumbup:

peacelikeariv - lol!! Funnily enough our best friend (only 2 others irl know) keeps referring to the baby as 'she' as well, and she said she thinks it's a girl. My husband now claims that she cursed it and we'll now have another girl because of what our friend said. DH would like a son to pass on his last name, though I've already caught him out when he said 'I kind of want another girl now, the clothes are much cuter, aren't they?'. I'd love another girl, it's more in my comfort zone as we've done a girl before, plus we'd get to re-use some of Eleanors clothes and possibly have them share rooms later on.

The bleeding got heavier, it's like full blown AF now. Not sure whether or not to call the midwife again (it will be the on call midwife) or just wait until tomorrow. Trying to stay positive though, there's no cramps, no pains and I've seen so many posts of ladies who bled quite a bit and went on to have healthy children.

Erised, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this and I hope everything works out okay. I would go to A&E and see if they have an EPU and can do a scan.

Our local hospital is absolutely useless, to the point where every person that I know who is in the NHS and needs something doing, they all go to great lengths to avoid our local hospital.

I did call the on call midwife. My own midwife had already send her an email to let her know that I might call. She apologised at great lengths that there wasn't any more they could do right now, and expressed that bleeding does not necessarily mean anything bad though she could not promise everything would be ok. The fact that I don't have any cramping or clots is a good thing though. She told me to call back again if things got worse or I start feeling pain, or even if I just wanted to talk because I can't sleep. She asked me to please not go to hospital as they won't be able to do anything.

Karla will call me tomorrow to check up on me, and she'll come over on Monday. She said that if I continue to bleed into next week, Karla will probably send me for a scan. To put my feet up right now, try to get some sleep and wait it out

well they sound really helpful and as if they have your best interests at heart, so i guess it's just a waiting game.
I hope you can stay positive and rest over the rest of the weekend :hugs::hugs:

Erised- Sending you lots of positive thoughts... I hope baby is just getting comfy in there! :hugs:

I'm so sorry Erised :hugs: Keep your feet up and stay positive... I'll be sending loads of good thoughts your way. It's great your mw's are being so caring, they sound like great people.

Hope you had an easy night, Erised, and that the bleeding's eased off. Thinking of you. :hugs:

ok only just caught up with everyone,

overcommer - ignore her, who cares, you know you are doing what is right for you and your baby and if that had happend to me i would be doing EXACTLY the same

Erised - :hugs: really hoping that everything is ok, try and keep faith, thinking of you and your midwives sound like absolutly wonderful people :hugs:

hope everyone is feeling good today, my nasuea dissappeared yesterday - which was good as i had a long day at work - but now im worrying :dohh: even though i know its normal for symptons to come and go, i think this pregnancy is going to send me totally :wacko:

ooh also have any of you ladies experienced your hip clicking (best way i can describe it -but TMI right in my groin area) - only one hip, only happens occasionally (although 5 times in work last night) its really painful to start with (makes me stop what im doing) then goes away quickly xx

Hel_5 - Good to hear the morning sickness stayed away at work! Hope you'll only get slight bouts of nausea from now on, not enough to bother you but enough to keep your mind at ease. As for the clicking hip, I can't say I experienced anything like it during my first pregnancy, but it sounds like it could be due to the ligaments getting softer. I did get round ligament pains when walking at around 18 weeks, perhaps this could be the start of that?

Thanks ladies =)

I managed to sleep ok. Woke up quite a few times and it took a while to get back to sleep, but any sleep is more than I was expecting. DH had decided not to go out for work today (he was going to help his brother move his gym), and stay home to help me out with the little missy. I'm still losing a lot of blood, probably filling a pad every 3 hours ish. Managed to soak the bed quite badly too =(

Still no cramping, not sure about the clots as I'm not sure what they would be classed a clot?
Midwife called at 10 this morning to check up on me. Same advice as yesterday, and she'll come and see me tomorrow morning at 10. If I start bleeding excessively or start hurting I should contact her again. Karla is actually working herself today, so it's nice to deal with someone I've met =)

:hugs: Erised. I hope it eases off soon and is nothing to worry about. Your midwife sounds lovely and supportive.

For the UK girls - here is a list of all the EPAUs in the UK. You can usually self-refer at most of them, if you are experiencing bleeding or other problems. I contacted mine directly, which is how I got early scans. You can ring them for advice too if you're worried.

https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUs1.asp

After cancelling my appointment on Thursday, was supposed to book me in at home this morning but didn't turn up. Went out this afternoon and returned to a note through the door saying she will call back tomorrow - I will be in work! So I have phoned, and the midwife service said they will ask her to phone me back. Grrr!

Oh no what a pain! Im 7 weeks now and still darent ring my GP! Still feel not 'properly' pregnant even though ive seen it on a scan! I dunno if its the hormones making me so negative...

Has anyone else not actually vomited yet? Im grateful i havent, cos i HATE being sick... but i read somewhere that vomiting was GOOD, so now im worried ive got nausea but no vomiting! (mental, i know!) xxxx

Oh no what a pain! Im 7 weeks now and still darent ring my GP! Still feel not 'properly' pregnant even though ive seen it on a scan! I dunno if its the hormones making me so negative...

Has anyone else not actually vomited yet? Im grateful i havent, cos i HATE being sick... but i read somewhere that vomiting was GOOD, so now im worried ive got nausea but no vomiting! (mental, i know!) xxxx

Bunnikins: I am nauseas but have not vomited yet. I am 8w+2d today. This also happened with my daughter and everything went fine. And yes the hormones make me negative too sometimes. Hormones will probably level out soon.
Big :hugs:

Elaine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"