July Babies!

So my in laws( who do not know yet) called my husband last night to tell him they want to take us to Paris in February. I have never been to Europe and it would be the trip of a lifetime. I think i will be 20/22 weeks when we go. I am nervous about the flight time... About 12 hours...what would you ladies do?

my understanding is that travelling in second tri isn't normally a problem - speak to a doctor? Here's a link you might find helpful

I say go! This is a great opportunity. We have to fly out for a wedding in May. I will be 7months. The doctor said there would not be a problem until 36 weeks. She told me to check the airline's policy, but most do not restrict you until 36w. She also said there was absolutely no danger to the baby.

Went to GP (normal doctor) yesterday as Ive been getting headaches, told they are from hormones and to try and rest and drink more water..... Im was 9 weeks 4 days, so abit early for the doppler but Doc was keen to try it..... it picked up the heart beat, 160 bpm, but the sound couldnt be heard yet, so happy to know LO hearts still going strong,

Pitty - That's wonderful :)

I am 8 weeks today! woo hoo... 13 days left until I see my doctor (first OB visit)....

sure feels like it is taking forever :)

So my in laws( who do not know yet) called my husband last night to tell him they want to take us to Paris in February. I have never been to Europe and it would be the trip of a lifetime. I think i will be 20/22 weeks when we go. I am nervous about the flight time... About 12 hours...what would you ladies do?

personally i would go for it, esp if its something you have always wanted to do, cause once little bub comes a long these things get a LOT harder!!

pitty - thats fab news!

rocky, I'm glad you decided to go :happydance: I remember that 20 weeks was a great time in my pregnancy and I had tons of energy too so being pregnant shouldn't impact your fun at all!

pitty, yay for hearing the HB!!

My first midwife appointment is Wednesday and I'll be 10+ weeks. It does feel like it's taking forever!

Well I'm back home after a few days and so glad to be out of the car! Travel sickness plus ms equalled lots of roadside vomit stops. Nice.
Went to visit my friends new baby on the way home. He's 8 days old and so cute. Really hoping I get to that point too.

I'd definatley go on that holiday too!

I have a GP apointment in London on 22 December (I'll be between 11 and 12 weeks - at my scan they added 4 days to what my ticker shows) and they won't even entertain the idea of hooking me up with a midwife until after that appointment! So annoying... and I can't go in before that because i don't get back to England until the 21st.
So chances are with Christmas and all I might not even get to see a midwife until the new year :sad1:

Yay Pitty - i got to hear mine today too!

I say go to Paris, you'll be blooming in second tri and should have more energy. Plus i know they say it is safe to fly in 2nd tri.

I had my 10 week scan today - over the moon. x

Hi all, hope everyone is doing OK. Its a drag these first few months of nausea and sore boobs isnt it. Sapphire, im sorry youre having to wait longer for an answer, it must be very frustrating for you! Yay to all who have heard the heartbeat!

Nothing interesting happening with me at the moment. ive got my very first midwife appointment on Thursday so thats a bit exciting, but other than that just the usual nausea, going off foods, slight cramps, sore boobs, and excitement at the time passing by getting nearer to the second trimester when i am ASSURED we will start to feel better.....???

I ordered a doppler and it should be here sometime this week. I hope I will be able to pick up on the heartbeat, though it may be a while before I can. I know some ladies have picked it up early and it would be nice to have that reassurance since I haven't even seen the little olive yet.

I've been completely besieged by nausea. My DH thought it would be smart to cook at 3AM while I was asleep and I woke up to aluminium foil noises. I went back to sleep and woke up at 5AM completely sick as he had made bbq chicken and steak and the house just reeked of it. Our bedroom is next to the kitchen so I got up, sat at my desk for a bit, went to the bathroom and got sick and by 8AM I had to wake him to take me to the pharmacy. I got some SeaBands and Tums and felt a bit better after using both.

I've had nausea off and on today - especially after I eat anything bigger than a handful of crackers - so I haven't had much. I have that interview this week and the SeaBands are going to be a dead giveaway so I got some Psi Bands at another drug store. Hopefully with my black blazer it won't be as obvious or I might get lucky and be able to take them off by Thursday.

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

ugh esst, it made me feel sick thinking about waking up to those smells. Does he normally cook in the middle of the night :haha: good luck at your interview :flower:

I'm still feeling crappy here.. super bloated and nauseous. I was hoping that at the start of my 10th week I would start to feel better but so far it doesn't seem that way. It's been 4 weeks of m/s and I'm getting tired of it!!

tell me about it! when i started feeling sick at 7 weeks i thought 'yay, that must be a good sign', now i'm totally over it and am hanging out for second tri. it's summer here and everytime the temp goes over 25 i pretty much collapse.
i'll be 12 weeks on christmas eve so i'm really hoping the nausea goes away by then, i love my christmas turkey, but right even just the thought of it makes me feel gross!

I'm so with you - roll on 2nd tri! I've had bleeding for several weeks now, plus horrible debilitating nausea for a couple of weeks (threw up for the first time a few minutes ago but conversely, I now feel much better - so I'm thinking maybe I'd rather throw up than the nausea - but then maybe I should be careful what I wish for...)

Not good is it all this nausea. I also dont know how im going to tackle xmas dinner when the thought of eating it at the minute makes me feel sooo sick. Is anyone still getting the cramping? I thought mine had gone but that last couple of days its back. It was quite painful today. No bleeding though thank god. Everything i read says its a normal sign, but is anyone else getting it? xxx

Cramping is normal. I am just a day behind you and had it yesterday.

I have been a bit down on my luck lately as my bad knee is acting up and what I usually take for it, I can't take. I fell last night because it gave out. Going to do brace I guess for the next seven months until I am able to seek treatment. The last time this happened (in 2001) I had all kinds of x-rays, MRIs and other tests done. I am not sure those are really safe so if I can moderately walk with the knee brace then I guess I will ahve to deal and just avoid lifting at work.

Hey girls. I know this is probably silly. I had bad morning sickness last week and now it is gone. I’m worried!! I hated feeling sick it was terrible. But now that it is gone I’m worried. My boobs are still sore and HUGE!!!

I woke up early Sunday morning with cramps and I completely convinced myself I was miscarrying. I was being completely irrational and crying. I never spotted or had any bleeding. So I don’t know why I was freaking out like that.

I’ve not had anymore cramps.

I actually feel kind of normal this morning. I’m so scared I’m going to have a MMC. I wish I could quit worrying and enjoy this pregnancy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->