July Babies!

Yay! Not long now til youre an onion too! Its hard to imagine a little onion sized baby in there.. so cute! xxx

oh my goodness people can be so rude, Women who carry small are lucky! they dont get bad stretch marks!!

Thanks girls. It's reassuring to have you here. Just made me cross! Hope I avoid stretch marks - been using bio oil for weeks - not sure why I'm bothering if I've not got a bump...

keep slapping it on.. preventions better than cure (in fact i dont think there IS a cure for them is there?) Im putting body butter on every day, i figure that if you make the skin nice and soft, it might stretch more easily??

Properly moisturized skin does stretch better. I have been using lotion from the beginning. I am not very good at lotions, makeup etc. So I made a habit of using it right before bed. Keeping it on the nightstand. I now really enjoy this nightly ritual.

yea beanhunter ignore those ppl! with my first, i didn't get a bump until I was 22wks....no one at work knew I was pregnant until I was 6month.....i did the creaming the belly down for the first pregnancy, but got a little stretch marks at 8month!!! but I still recommend keeping the belly moist.....they say stretch marks are in the mother's genes, so if your mom doesn't have, the likelihood of you having is slim....my question is....how come EVERY celebrity who has children NEVER get stretch marks....hahahaha things that make you go hummm

i have been using the bio oil too... hoping it works!!! lol.

I never had stretch marks until my first pregnancy and I started getting them around 10 weeks and by the end of the pregnancy my stomach has stretch marks all over it. I believe I get stretch marks verry easily. But I wasn't persistent on the lotion either.

I’m so upset. I’ve just been told my scan has been moved from the 16th to the 28th. That’s 3 whole weeks away! I’m such a natural worrier and I’m so scared that something is wrong. I was just about holding it together knowing my scan was only a week away, but now I’ve got to wait the best part of a month!
DH was sweet when I told him. We live in the back end of beyond and there’s nowhere else to go for scan in our town, so he suggested we take a road trip to Perth (500km) away and pay for a private scan. I love the idea, but since we need to buy a new car for the baby in question we can’t afford it.
I do love where we live, but the isolation gets frustrating sometimes!

The only sonographer in our town has gone on emergency leave and they can't get a replacement until the end of the month. Dh happened to see our doc today and she advises going to Perth as I'll be 22 weeks by the time I have the scan which is getting a bit late. I don't know what to do!

Aww albs what a pain! Just imaging how exciting it will be though when youve waited THAT long! And baby will look a lot chubbier too. Wow you must have a real shortage of sonographers there... is it nice where you live, and do they pay well? LOL! (Its a bit grim where i scan!)
Im sure baby will be just fine in there, the chances of anything being wrong are extremely low (i know it doesnt seem like it sometime when you read things on here, but its true). Stay busy and the time will pass xxxx

Hehe. It's gorgeous here, just google Albany, wa. It's just 400km from anywhere else! I think we're going to hang out and have our scan here at 22 weeks and hope for the best, but I'll see how we go waiting.

I had a sono at my appt yesterday just because they couldnt hear the heartbeat with the doppler AGAIN. GRR! I had to see an obgyn instead of my midwife just because they want me to meet everyone in the practice.. BLEH.. this guy annoyed me SO much! sitting there telling me the doppler was messing up when I KNEW it wasnt obviously, and then he made me get the sono then tried to force me to get MORE blood work done for some obscure tests but I stood my ground and said NO because I had gotten it all done with my DD and it was all normal and we do NOT have the money to be spending on everything the doctors want to push on me, thats why I went with a midwife this time!! BAH! .... ok.. vent over. In any case Baby is doing great.. as I knew he/she would be.. stupid obgyn.

Good golly mrs molly did I ever pop over night! I will post pics on Fri.....awww albs 28th will come fast enough, but I to would be annoyed if my date got pushed that far

ugh frisbeemama that is annoying! I can't believe you have to pay everytime! that is just horrible! prior to me joining BnB, I thought all baby care was free! Pardon the ignorance, I did not know this was a paid service in other countries....do you think they do that so you are forced to pay them?? that is just horrible, but I am sooooo happy baby is doing well! All is well yeah!!

I admire your patience albs! You will get an awesome scan at that many weeks though!

When do you all plan on starting the nursery? I didn't want to do too much, but the more I think about it I am afraid I will not feel like doing anything in the last trimester. We have to completely overhaul this bedroom. New carpet, new paint... I have started cleaning out the closet though.

peacelikeariv, id be thinking about doing the nursery now if i wasnt in the middle of trying to find a new house. I agree if it needs a lot of work, you might not feel much like it in the 3rd trimester. Id at the very least be planning what needed doing. I cant wait to get started! xx

i keep thinking about starting the nursery... but haven't actually done anything yet. Luckily we don't need to paint it, just clear out all the stuff that is in there and redecorate, buy baby furniture etc. I am superstitious so maybe after 24 weeks I will start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->