July Babies!

albs you have a gorgeous bump!!! :hugs: I'll post my 17 week bump pic tomorrow! :thumbup:

peacelikeariv Congrats!!!!! :pink: :kiss:

beanhunter you too have a gorgeous bump!! :kiss:

Omg i woke up in night with stabbing pain in right hip and I can barely walk with it! Only way to get relief is to lie on left side! Owwwwww!

Beanhunter that's a beautiful bump

Biliboi - ouch I feel your pain, have you tried a nice hot shower? Or a hot water bottle :hugs:

Its a bit better now thanks. Might invest in a pregnancy pillow!

This is the first pic I've taken of my 'bump'. Do you ladies think it looks legitimate?

Attachments

• Bump-20120211-00038.jpg
    Bump-20120211-00038.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello ladies!
I have been trying to keep up with posts but a bad poster myself! Considering I probably posted a handful of times since the beginning no one probably remembers me! lol I would love to share in this July excitement with others though....it is such a precious time in our lives!

I love all the baby bump pictures. I just started to show a little bump and some people at my work are noticing too. It is exciting! I am only 17 weeks, but I guess my mom tended to show early.

Congrats to all the girl and boy babies!

We have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled and I actually have a question for those who opted not to find out (we are going to stay team yellow)....
How does that work? Can you only look at the baby when the gender area is not showing or is it too hard to tell either way? I am afraid that we will see something and have the surprise ruined but I want to see our baby at the same time!

Happy Saturday!

Luckyelevn looking great
As for me, I have been suffering from horrible headaches the past two nights.....they make me want to cry :( I also been getting a lot of acid reflex in my chest....any suggestions on what to do? I'm open to help. Thanks ladies

Canada- I have been dealing with acid and heartburn since the first tri....some things that have helped me.....

* tums- I take a few a day (it only worked for me though when my acid reflux has already calmed down- it helps keep it at bay but did not help to get rid of it if it was already bad).

* apples - I find that eating an apple helps calm the burn. I think it is the pectin. I eat 1-2 apples a day!

* Small meals throughout the day....when I eat a big meal (which I have been indulging in lately since my appetite is huge now) it acts up more.

* warm shower.....I think I just find it comforting and it helps with stress which helps with reflux.

* Also, make sure you are sitting up after eating...if I lay down it is worse.

Luckyeleven that is a gorgeous bump

Lysh we are team yellow, we were with our last two as well, tbh I have never been able to tell!! Also unless they freeze the pic at that point I think it would be difficult to see (although mine were girls it might be more obvious with a boy :wink:) but tell them when you go in that you don't want to know and they won't tell you/point it out on the screen, with all my scans I have always seen lots of baby they haven't turned the screen away just because I didnt want to know the sex

Canada with headaches I find you have to take paracetamol as soon as you feel the headache coming on, if you take it when the headache is full blown it won't do anything, some nights I've gone to bed really early (7pm!) with a wet flannel over my forehead/eyes and hubby has woken me later (at about 10/11pm) so I can eat. I suffered bad heart burn with my last pregnancy, I agree with everything lysh has said but I also used to sleep with about 4/5 pillows so I was more upright at night, avoid spicy/citrusy foods, eat little and often and speak to your doc or pharmicst, over here we have rennie and gavison both of which are grand during pregnancy, oh and very cold drinks used to set mine off as well :wacko: xx

Omg i woke up in night with stabbing pain in right hip and I can barely walk with it! Only way to get relief is to lie on left side! Owwwwww!
Oh my, I DEFINITELY know that pain!!! Try sleeping with a pillow (folded so its bulky) in between your legs while you sleep on your side. It always helps me. Hope it gets better soon :(

We have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled and I actually have a question for those who opted not to find out (we are going to stay team yellow)....
How does that work? Can you only look at the baby when the gender area is not showing or is it too hard to tell either way? I am afraid that we will see something and have the surprise ruined but I want to see our baby at the same time!

Happy Saturday!
I would just ask the ultrasound tech not to show you the gender or give if he/she will give you a heads up before they get to that particular part so you can look away :)

Luckyelevn looking great
As for me, I have been suffering from horrible headaches the past two nights.....they make me want to cry :( I also been getting a lot of acid reflex in my chest....any suggestions on what to do? I'm open to help. Thanks ladies
Oh goodness!! Im so sorry you feel awful! I hope you find what works best for you and makes you feel better soon! I dont know what to do for the reflux Ive been fortunate enough not to have it, but I know too well how painful those headaches can be. Take Tylenol (aka paracetamol) the MINUTE you start feeling the headache, dont wait to see if it will go away because it probably wont, and DRINK TONS OF WATER!! Thats what helped me the most.. Hope you start feeling better dear!

SOOO yesterday was my birthday :) and my DH is taking me out tonight for dinner and a movie for it :happydance: I also got an "edible arrangements" bouquet and if you dont know what it is, its just a bunch of fruit put together to look like flowers and hearts and whatnot. It was sooooo yummy!!! ESPECIALLY since Ive been craving fruity juices or fruit itself or fruit smoothies lately. YUM. I dont have my gender scan until the first week of March, I cant wait to find out!!!! We arent going to tell family until we can be there in person to tell them. It will be mine and DHs secret for a while :haha:

Thanks hel_5 for the information!

I also wanted to add one thing about headaches....depending on the type of headache, I find that a warm compress ( I got one of those microwavable eye pillows) can help.

Thanks sooooo much ladies! I am going to do all the things you said! I did notice that when I ate an apple yesterday, I did feel a lot better! You all are lifesavers and make me not worry as much, kisses

Happy happy diva,born,day Frisbee!!! Edible arrangements are soooooo yummy!! What a great gift

Apples and almonds both helped my reflux. At one point I was eating about 4 apples a day!

i wonder if anyone can advise: I've struggled with dreadful nausea for about 12 weeks now and no real appetite, but more recently i seem to be throwing up more often. I seemed to be at my best when i forced myself to eat every 3-4 hours including during the night, but i just can't force it any more so tend to throw up in the mornings when my stomach is empty or i've just eaten. After being sick my desire to eat goes from low to absolute zero and add to that the reflux and taste buds gone haywire i'm really struggling with food right now.
Any suggestions? All that talk of apples made me go and get one but it's actually made me feel queasier.

Frisbeemama do you know what this pain is?

the hip pain? it could be a bunch of different things, sometimes it could be because of the stretching of your muscles as your getting bigger, or just because youre laying on your side more and more lately.. either that or it could be something much more painful like your uterus getting big and pushing on nerves.. I had a friend who (when she was about 35 weeks) there was a nerve her lo was pushing on that hurt her back so bad.. it went away once he was born though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->