July Babies!

Sammie- We are having difficultly deciding on a boys name we like too. We do not have our U/S until March 6th, but we are not going to find out so we will need to come up with something just in case!

Our baby boy's name is Ilau (pronounced Eli) - cant quite decide on a middle name yet.

Just thought I'd give you all an update, as I haven't been on here for a while. We had our 20 (ish) week scan yesterday.. it all went well and bubs is looking good :thumbup: We also decided if little one didn't present themselves in all their glory, we would have a surprise, so... :yellow: it is :winkwink:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
When I wake up on my back and have to pee, my bump is massive! As soon as I stand up, it all goes away. DH thinks this is hilarious! I have been experiencing the headache too. It has happened twice, but both were ALL DAY long aches! I could feel it from my neck, through my teeth and out the top of my head! Ouch! I didn't try tylenol because I thought I just needed water. Nope! This is a true hormone headache. Water doesn't touch it!

Happy Valentines to all of you ladies! Little girls grandpa got her a Valentines today! Very sweet pink giraffe. And thus the spoiling began...

Aw thats cute. I still havent bought anything for my girl, and neither has anyone else cos i told them all not to just yet! (paranoia...). My poor little one owns nothing at the minute, but im sure after the 20 week scan, she will have lots!

Aw thats cute. I still havent bought anything for my girl, and neither has anyone else cos i told them all not to just yet! (paranoia...). My poor little one owns nothing at the minute, but im sure after the 20 week scan, she will have lots!

I just bought the first onesie on Tuesday, and that was a unisex one and I only did it because it had a frog and said "I'm TOADALLY in love with my Nana!" and it was Valentine's Day & My mom wishes to be called Nana, so I took a pic of it and posted it on Facebook for her. She is alone this Valentine's Day, & I wanted to do something special for her.

Other than that the only things we have purchased are books. This child is going to be a book millionaire. She will own aprox. every little golden book ever published by the time she is born. Her daddy buys her 2 or three every time we go to the store. But he reads to her every night, so it is worth it. lol

Ozzi what a beautiful scan pic! :hugs:

peacelikeariv That is too cute! LOL

Bunnikins I have not bought anything new for this baby yet either. Waiting to find out the sex and see if I am really having a girl and we will go from there.

HarrietO that onesie sounds adorable!! :lol: We too have TONS of books! My kids LOVE books and I love to read too!

AFM, I have been having HORRIBLE Heartburn and indigestion since yesterday. No matter what I eat! :cry:

Hi guys, I know it has been a while since I posted. I just wanted to say that I'm glad everyone is doing well. I won't bore you with my issues ...just counting down the days until I see LO...monday at 8am!!! EEK!!

I think my bump is trying to "pop". Last night I could hardly sleep for what I think is this round ligament nonsense! It wasn't terribly painful just achey. If I tried rolling over hips first it felt like a stabbing pain. I am back to rights this morning though. Any ideas?? Is it too soon to "pop"?

I think my bump is trying to "pop". Last night I could hardly sleep for what I think is this round ligament nonsense! It wasn't terribly painful just achey. If I tried rolling over hips first it felt like a stabbing pain. I am back to rights this morning though. Any ideas?? Is it too soon to "pop"?

No, it is not too soon to pop. You are half way done! lol I popped a few weeks ago, and now I just feel bigger every day. I have been struggling to sleep as well for several weeks. My hips are KILLING me, and if I stay on one side too long I can feel that same achy stretching you described. I think I am gonna try to buy a pregnancy pillow & see if that helps. I know part of my problem is that I have spoiled my OH, as he has always slept with one of his legs thrown over me, and now I just can't take that. He tries his best not to, but after he falls asleep it is an automatic action. lol

I started getting that two days ago too. When I woke up this morning, my stomach felt really hard, it felt like my uterus had moved up to my belly button but when I got out of bed it disappeared and was no longer hard..:haha:

I started getting that two days ago too. When I woke up this morning, my stomach felt really hard, it felt like my uterus had moved up to my belly button but when I got out of bed it disappeared and was no longer hard..:haha:

Yeah ive had that exact same thing. I wake up and put my hand on my tummy and think ooh its bigger today, and hard.. not just squishy fat! Then i get up, empty my bladder and its back to squishy fatness again :coffee:

Aww i LOVE the sound of that TOADALLY love my nana. Haha, so cute! I never thought about buying books! I need to start buying i think, she needs to do plenty of reading since she'll be one of the youngest at school!

:

Aww i LOVE the sound of that TOADALLY love my nana. Haha, so cute! I never thought about buying books! I need to start buying i think, she needs to do plenty of reading since she'll be one of the youngest at school!

Books have been #1 on our list of things to buy since day one. Both OH & I are avid readers and always have been. We attribute that to the fact that we were both read to consistently as children. I was able to read before I started school, and I honestly believe it is because I was read to daily and memorized my favorite books. I knew them word for word and would "read" them to myself. That progressed into recognizing the same words in new books and so forth. They worked with me constantly and it paid off.

I also love the bonding time it gives us. We spend at least 20 min. a night in bed with him reading to her in my belly and talking to her. It is very special time that I will always treasure.

I LOVE listening to our DD "reading" she has a few books memorized and will "read" when shes supposed to go to sleep, we let her have 2 books after lights out, but she has nightlights so she can still see her pages. I think its the best thing ever to promote early reading habits!

so yesterday should have been my 20 week scan, but it was cancelled. i was sulking quite a bit, and i'm sure the baby knew as i got my first proper kicks! 2 or 3 of them, really clear! it was like he/she was trying to say 'don't worry, i'm still here!'
i didn't tell work that my scan had been cancelled so i still took the afternoon off which was nice. work sucks at the moment. on wednesday i got kicked and yelled at by a kid in another class. i get so cross when people say that teachers get paid too much or get too many holidays. what exactly is the correct pay for a pregnant lady getting kicked and abused?! anyway, had the afternoon with DH which was lovely, esp as he's going to be working up to 80 hours a week for the next couple of months.
hope everyone else has had a great week and that people's scans are going well.

Albs- I am a teacher too....don't even get me started on the lack of respect our profession has these days. We have become the scapegoats and it is disgusting. I wish people who complained about teachers could spend 6 months in our shoes. Yes there are lazy teachers out there but that is not the majority, it is just what the media and politicians focus on. I don't think many would even make it three months.

But anyways, I wont go on about that since this is not a teaching forum! lol

I am not sleeping well....back and hips hurt. Body pillow is not helping either. Then yesterday I slipped on ice going down my stairs. Thankfully I fell in a way that would not cause harm to the baby.

Happy Friday!

I find out my monkey's gender on the 28th! I'm pretty excited as I'll be 21 weeks and haven't had a scan since 10 weeks! If monkey wasn't moving so much I'd be worried!

We're off for our 20 week scan on Monday. Hopefully all is well. My bump is round now and I think looks more than just fat, but more so when I sit down rather than stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->