July IVF cycle start

still hopping

Reaction score
Hi ladies

After over 6 years TTC we have finally come up for public IVF funding and have just started our first cycle.

Started injecting Gonal F last Monday and had my first scan after four days of injecting to see how things are going. So far only five follicles are maturing at the right rate (1x14mm and 4x11mm). The doctor said I am having a shy response to the drugs so they have upped my dosses to 300 and have another scan on Monday.

I am trying to keep as positive as possible as it is still early days but it's so so hard. Yesterday evening I was in tears and trying to contain my emotions... such a crazy roller coaster and we have only just started!!!

Any of you ladies are starting an IVF cycle this month? How are things going? Maybe we can share our journey and lift each other up through these crazy times?

Big hug xx

I'm starting here soon. I'll have to get off of birth control first. Just wanted to say good luck with your cycle.

Thank you Swtshae :hugs:
I am so so nervous... I know that I am supposed to keep calm but how the hell can you? :blush:

Is it to be your first cycle too? I hope all goes well for you :happydance:

:flower:

I'm getting ready for an embryo transfer later this month (July 21). This is our last normal (genetically tested) embryo and our third attempt for baby #2 since the end of last year (the December transfer resulted in BFN, and the February transfer unfortunately ended with a miscarriage and D&C at 7.5 weeks).

I did 2 IVF cycles in 2013 where I was on Gonal-f, Menopur, and Ganirelix. It's normal for doctors to adjust your meds depending on the results of your ultrasounds and hormone levels. Hang in there!

Good luck with your cycles, ladies!

Hello! After years of trying and months of delays we are finally there! Next week I start the meds. So excited but also very nervous! I bet all will be ok still hoping, I bet they adjust lots of people's.

Hi ladies

Dysney - what a roller coaster journey you have been having... hang in there, it will happen... you've had a successful IVF pregnancy and can happen again. I wish you all the best with the next transfer and hope you get your wee miracle :hugs:

Longing - it is truly a roller coaster of emotions... but no doubt worth to keep in mind throughout why we are doing this and keep as positive as possible (although at times may be hard)... it really helps. If there is anything you want to know that I can help with my experience to date let me know :flower:

I had my egg collection a couple of hours ago and all went well. Didn't feel much pain, just the odd twitch and uncomfortable. Now in bed resting with a hot water bottle. They sucked out nine follicles and all had eggs in them! So better than expected. Sperm has been injected as DH morphology is 2% and they will give me a ring tomorrow morning to let me know how many fertilized. Anything can happen really but just happy at this stage with today's outcome... one day at a time!

One day at a time is definitely the way to go I think. Very excited for you! Sounds so promising so far. Will keep everything crossed for you xx

Thank you longing :flower:

I got the phone call this morning with very good news... eight of the eggs were mature and seven fertilized... so we have seven wee embryos. Transfer on Monday and if the other six survive, they will freeze them. It's a good start... better than expected. One thing I am so happy about is knowing that we can actually produce embryos... I really though we didn't after so many years of not having even one BFP. Trying not to get too overly excited though :blush:

Thank you longing :flower:

I got the phone call this morning with very good news... eight of the eggs were mature and seven fertilized... so we have seven wee embryos. Transfer on Monday and if the other six survive, they will freeze them. It's a good start... better than expected. One thing I am so happy about is knowing that we can actually produce embryos... I really though we didn't after so many years of not having even one BFP. Trying not to get too overly excited though :blush:

Thos are excellent stats! :dust: that they continue to thrive and grow nice and strong. :thumbup:

Hard day today... embryo transfer yesterday went perfect and seems to be a great embryo but got a phone call today to let us know that there are no other ones to freeze... One embryo only out of a cycle... deep inside it has hit fairly hard and still processing although for some weird reason I am not externalizing any emotion. I have to keep focused in the one that's in and hope for that miracle to happen... God knows how hard is it going to really hit if it doesn't work but can't allow myself to feel that way right now... Hanging on...

Hi still hoping, I too have just finished my ivf cycle (ET was last week monday on 4th of July. I had 16eggs retrieved, 14 mature and 11 fertilised. When I went in for the ET 5days later, there were 6blastocysts in total, but only one was medium to good quality and the rest were medium. Next day I got a phone call that there was none left to freeze as they had all stopped evolving... I was heartbroken but like you too trying to concentrate and wish that the one inside sticks.. We have severe male infertility, he only has 3million, 0%morphology and 34% motility. Now after the poor ivf results I am worried there may be smth wrong with the quality of my eggs too.

Yesterday i had quite heavy bleeding that only lasted a very short time and I was convinced it's the start of my period. I am still hoping for a miracle, but i'm not getting my hopes up anymore after last night...

When is your beta test? I will get my results on thursday.

At least your embryo seems to be great quality! I keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Try not to lose hope, ladies. I know it's hard, but hang in there. :hugs:

Thank you, ladys :hugs:

Don't loose hope Lunabelle... Your wee bean is surviving so far and I have read that some people have heavier bleeding at some point before their beta but that all goes fine. We have to try and be as positive as possible to give our wee beans strength :)

My beta is on Wed 20th... A day before Dysneys transfer :happydance: Fingers xed is a great week for all of us :hugs:

I have everything crossed for you ladies, hoping this is it for you! Massive love xxxx I am behind you guys. Just got my drugs and starting injections tomorrow. Feeling very daunted by it at the mo! Very glad I have a day on my own today

Thanks for your encouragement ladies. :)

The spotting stopped after monday but now i have brown spotting again. It is 9days after the FET so seems a bit late for implantation, however I feel slightly more positive about the brown colour. Going in for my beta tomorrow morning so don't have long to wait.

How are you feeling still hoping?

Good luck with the start of the treatment Longing, i hope it all goes well for you!

All the best with the cycle longing!!! The whole injection business is not easy at all but just keep thinking about why you are doing it :thumbup: It did help me heaps every time hubby was about to inject (I wouldn't do it myself :haha:) to take a couple of extra deep breaths and picture myself with my beautiful baba in my arms <3

Lunabelle, I have my fingers xed for you... I hope the beta results bring you fantastic news... not long to know!!! The wait and uncertainty is so hard and cruel with all those symptoms that can be either way... grrrrr :hugs:

Yesterday, I was cramping really hard and getting shooting pains on the side and so tired at the same time that when I came back from work I went straight to bed to lie down and DH did everything around the house plus being a lovely nurse :blush:
Oh... and I sneezed this once and felt a sharp pain on my side like if the side of my uterus was being ripped apart... I screamed out in pain and DH ran into the bedroom going "are you ok? omg, what was that?"
This morning I got bright red spotting that went away with one wipe and nothing since... I really really hope it's just implantation... goodness, this is soooooo hard...
I have been feeling better today, pain wise... A lot less... just like a deep set soreness but really dull remains and boobs are sore.
It all sounds positive but at the same time it could just be the estrogen drugs so better not to get overly excited... BRING ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Big hugs ladies xxx :hugs:

The test was positive! :happydance: :happydance:
Unbelievable! Now we just hope that everything continues to go well! The hcg level was 56. Our little one and only fighter. Next week friday will have the second beta test. I couldn't sleep last night, I was so excited about the blood test.

Still hoping, how many days past transfer are you now? Your symptoms are sounding similar to what I had, expect my boobs haven't really been very sore. I got sharp cramps mainly on 4and 5 days after transfer, but like you didn't want to get my hopes up in case it was just the progesterone. Just concentrate on spoiling yourself and relaxing, eat healthy and try to take ur mind off of it. I know it is easier said that done! :) i have my fingers crossed for you xxx

Oh my goodness, Lunabelle!!! That's such fantastic news! Congrats!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My stronger cramps were three days after transfer and spotting four days after... I am feeling kind of normal today, just that slight dullness and sore boobies... But tired and sleepy as hell!! :sleep:

This may be a lucky post... great start!

:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"