July IVF cycle start

Exciting! Glad you're able to start the next step now. Always good to move forward :)

Good Evening ladies - hoping to be able to join your chat as I have my first round of ivf coming up on 8/1/16. I had 3 failed iuis this year and my doctor decided we should try ivf. I had the retrieval of 23 follicles this morning and am awaiting a call from the nurse tomorrow to advise how many fertilized. I'm nervous and excited about this process as this is a big step in all of our lives and think it will be good to chat with others who are going thru the same/similar experience.

Mexx and still hoping congrats on your bfps! I am very happy for you.

Longing - good luck! Fingers crossed for you.

Hello 1morechance! Very exciting, will keep everything crossed for you! Sounds like a good number there. Let us know how it goes xx

Today is the appt day, so looking forward to getting the dates!

How are your OH's about this process? Mine is (mostly!) Supportive but just won't really talk about it with me. It's a bit strange but maybe the more man way of dealing with it all.

Welcome to the group 1morechance!! Exciting yet nerve-wrecking times ahead :thumbup: 23 is a great number of follicles! Wow! Fingers x'ed there are a good number that fertilize and mature well... but as I just recently found out, it only takes one :hugs:

longing - appointment time yay!! It does feel great when you start being given dates to aim for!!

Well it's all in my calender and feeling very real! Egg retrieval and transfer happening around the 12th August! So excited!!

Have you found out yet 1morechance? Hoping it is all good for you, as Still Hoping says, it just takes the one ;-)

How are you guys doing Still hoping and Mexx?

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!!!

Longing - it's great to finally have dates to look forward too and August 12th isn't that far away and we will be here to support you every step of the way!

I received a call from the nurse yesterday and she advised out of the 23 follies retrieved, 19 were mature and 13 fertilized! The plan right now is to have the transfer on 8/1/16. My fiancé and I already have an 11 yr old daughter and due to the gap in age we are planning to transfer 2 in hopes that they both will stick. If not, I will be more than happy with one and will just try again. My only concern is when I was pregnant with my daughter I was hospitalized for 6 months due to a short and incompetent cervix so I am afraid if I end up with twins (assuming the transfer are successful) will I be able to carry them to term. My fiancé hoping for a boy as he feels we need to balance out the household. Lol So we are going to freeze the other follies in case we don't get a boy this go round we can pay for the additional testing to identify the sex the next time.

I also started the progesterone yesterday. I was petrified by the size of the needle but my nurse advised me to numb the area with ice 15-20 mins b4 the injection and it helped tremendously in case anyone else wants to try this trick :)

My fiancé has been surprisingly supportive. He didn't accompany me for my first iui but after explaining how much I needed him there for support, he has attended every visit going forward (although he just sits there and surf the net on his phone, his presence puts me at ease :) He also gives me my daily injections and now that we have a transfer date he is starting to open up and get really excited about the possibilities!

Now that you have dates in the near future, maybe your hubby will start to open up more.

Longing - 12th August is just around the corner... woop woop! Hope it's a good journey getting there, you are all good with the med concoctions and respond well :hugs:

1morechance - blimey! 13 fertilized! That is fantastic! I hope you get lots of good embryos out of them to implant and freeze :happydance: I guess with that many, they'll be aiming for a five day blast transfer. All the best... I hope it all goes well and you get the wee boy you guys want :hugs:

My hubby is been sooooo good through all this, I really can't complain... he has been there for every appointment, done my injections and been the most patient soul ever with me... I guess everyone has their limits though, as when they were doing the retrieval he was sitting on the side of my bed and when the doc said "do you want to come around this side to see better?"... he said "No thanks, I am doing JUST FINE over here"... I was half asleep but hearing him say that knowing him, just made me laugh :rofl:

Thanks still hopping! I am excited and nervous now that the date is so close! I am hoping that we have some high quality embies to transfer.

I received a call from my nurse today advising my embies are continuing to grow and I am scheduled for transfer on 8/1 at 10:30am. Apparently I was supposed to go in for blood work this morning to determine how my body is responding to the vivelle patches and progesterone however, someone forgot to deliver that message so I am going in tomorrow for blood work and am hoping my body is responding the way it should as there is really no time for adjustments since I am scheduled for transfer the very next day.

Monday cannot come fast enough!!

I glad to hear your embies are developing well :happydance: that's so great!
I got only eight mature retrieved, seven fertilized but only got one top grade embi for the fresh transfer and none of the others got to blast stage to freeze... so we only got the one chance out of it, I was so distraught to find out that after all I had put my body through for the cycle we only got the one chance out of it... but I guess miracles can happen...

All the best for Monday's transfer :hugs:
:happydance: :wohoo:

Thanks Still hopping! I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way with my three failed iuis this year. We are doing everything we can and putting ourselves through all of this torture only to find out it didn't work. It's fantastic that your 1 embie stuck. It also gives the rest of us hope that miracles can happen!

Is this baby going to be your first child? Do you want more and if so how long do you plan on waiting after the birth of your precious one to try again?

Wow 1morechance that's a brilliant number! Hope they continue to do well and good luck for tomorrow!

Yes I can't believe after so much waiting it's just around the corner! Started my evening injections yesterday, feel like a right scientist mixing them all up, haha!!

This will be my first baby, 1morechance. First time pregnant in 6 years of trying... I really started thinking that it wasn't possible for us to get pregnant! So it hasn't really sunk fully in yet
I don't know if we will try for more... Over here you get two cycles of publicly funded treatment but once you get a baby you loose the rest of the funding and can't try for a second one. So would have to privately fund a round and its quite a bit of money. I am not sure... I would have liked to have two but that was many years ago when we started to struggle TTC... Now I just want to have this baby even if we don't get a chance for a second one <3

You have been trying for the same time as us still hoping. I'm so glad it's working out for you now. Yes same here. Having one seems like a real miracle so a second feels that bit too far. But who knows how the future works out?! All we can do (and should do for sanity!) Is concentrate on now xx

Thanks for all of the support ladies!!

Still hopping - I agree with longing, we do not know what the future has in store for us. Your bfp is the perfect example of never giving up hope! 1 day at a time :)

Longing - how are the injections going? I was petrified when I first started my injections but numbing the area with ice before the injections helps tremendously.

My transfer went well. We transferred 2 embies. My doc said that we had 5 that were excellent quality and to be prepared for twins. He froze 3 and said he will be checking the quality of the other 9 and is pretty sure he will get a few more with excellent quality to freeze.

I go in for blood work on 8/5 and for pregnancy test on 8/10. So now it's the waiting game.

I must admit that although we said we wanted twins to not have to go thru this process again, the reality and possibility of it all has us very nervous. 1 step at a time though. First step is for them to stick and then I can worry about everything else after. :)

Hi ladies,

Good luck to you all and congrats with your bfp's

I've had 2 a grade frozen embryos transferred the 21st so I'm on day11 of this sadistic nerve wrecking waiting game.
I've tested on day 8/9 and 10 but all bfn’s and decided to give up testing for now. Getting Bfn's are just too demoralising for me. I have my beta Wednesday and unfortunately I'll have to wait 3 more working days for the results :sad2:. I have very strong symptoms and it feels very similar to when I got pregnant naturally 3 years ago but mc. Something tells me that there is more going on then side effects of the meds. I haven't been able to get pregnant since (immune issues) Because of my age I did ed and had 5 a grade blastocysts. Had 1 transfered in Feb. but it failed. Now I have 2 frozen left.
I would be SO happy if it would work and that the bfn's were because of early testing with cheap tests. have good ones but am afraid of getting a bfn on those also. Will use them when it's really time to face reality just before I get the beta results in 6 days.

Thank you ladies <3 you are all so lovely

Such an amazing result 1morechance... you must be over the moon!! I am a bit jealous of all your awesome frozen embies!! :haha: Fingers x'ed for both of the ones in do stick... if they do, you are going to be one busy mama!:oneofeach::wohoo:

Welcome to this wee group Siria - It sounds like you did respond very well to the drugs and got a few embies out of the round... that is a good sign... It's very early to test, so don't give up... You have two champion A grade embies fighting in there... the odds must be good!... I tested early too and did get a bfn before my beta... and you are so right, the fact of being unsure whether what you are feeling are pregnancy symptoms or whether it is AF symptoms amplified by the drugs is extra cruel... Hang in there :hugs:

Thanks Still hopping,

I always wonder why my beta test day is so late, 15 DP 5dt compared to others.
Haven't done a hpt anymore am still to afraid.
But it sure does feel like there is some fighting going on. As long as I lay down I feel reasonable OK, but as soon as I'm up 5 minutes I start to feel sick, sweating like a pig and cramping.
Luckily I don't have to go anywhere so can spend a lot of time on the couch.
I don't care how sick it makes me feel as long as it's not just because of the meds.

It's so amazing that you finally have a baby in your belly Still hopping!

What a brilliant result 1morechance! You must be thrilled. Hope they stick and you will have awesome twins!! xxx welcome and hopefully it's all good signs for you Siria!

Injections don't really bother me at all which I have suprised myself about! Got my first of the every other day blood tests and scans from tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->