July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Congrats Celine!! :pink:

Sorry your having a hard time Charlie, hope everything gets better for you soon :hugs:

Brandi Hope the court hearing goes well and 2014 gets better for you. Hope the kiddos are doing better now.

Hello ladies, I have a scan in a few hours to check bubbas growth. Ive lost over 10kgs and the dr is worried the baby isnt growing... :-(

Do you think it would be wrong of us to ask about gender?? Or do you think theyll just measure bubba and thatll be it?? My OH wants to know gender so if theyll tell us ill ask them to whisper it to him...

Congrats Celine. I'm hoping to find out Wednesday. Good suggestion on asking a parent who you see pushing one you've had your eye on.

I haven't even looked at strollers/travel systems in depth or anything else baby related yet. Just cruised the aisles and checked things out. Guess I need to get serious soon. It all seems a lil overwhelming with all the options available these days. And I'm a sucker for going with cuteness but will try to refrain from letting that be the decision maker.

Sorry you are having a rough time Charlie. Very wise of you to go ahead and see a dr now instead of waiting or trying to deal with it on your own.

Oh my Brandi, your new year has started off with a bang! Good luck in court. I'll soon be having to go back to court with my ex and I dread it but it needs to happen before baby gets here and my job ends. That is a scary thing to hear about your daughter. I would be a nervous wreck but it seems you handle it very well. I wish you had a better support system to help with the kiddos as I know the ex is a douche to put it mildly. You are a very strong woman and I admire that about you.

I've been off of my ivf meds since 11wks and I think it's all finally out of my system. Seems like my weight gain has leveled off and I'm happy about that. I finally got a new scale the other day since mine bit the dust. I weighted myself this morning and I'm still holding at what I was at 9wks. I'm not trying to pack on too much too soon. I haven't started exercising but today I am going to troll the internet and find me a yoga dvd. I've never done yoga and would like to start.

I'm not into knitting or crocheting. However my youngest daughter has learned how to knit, self taught. I would love to be super crafty but it seems to come and go with me, lol. My mom and aunt can sew like there is no tomorrow...I am lucky to sew a straight seam! I hope to get into doing some projects once my job is finished and I have more time. We shall see

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm usually always MIA on the weekends. Who has an appt this week?

Thank for. After today, and the new evidence I have, I think court will go pretty well. My son tried to call his dad today, twice, and left him two messages asking his dad to call him back. 4 hours later, I got a message asking why I was calling. I said it was our son who wanted to talk to him, and my ex flipped on me for "calling at indecent hours". (10:00am). I said I wasn't getting into a fighting match with him and that if he was going to call Isaiah back, he could, but it needed to be in the next 10 minutes, otherwise I was blocking his number again. He chose to call me names, again, and tried to manipulate me by saying if I really wasn't trying to keep the kids away from him, I'd let Isaiah call him. I said no, I was tired of Isaiah's heart being broken by leaving him messages that are never returned and that he could make the effort instead. He sent me a message that I'm just pissed that I've had to care for the kids for two weeks and it just pisses me off because I'm "r-worded", lmao. So I reblocked his number and a few minutes later, he had a pity me status on his Facebook about how it's not fair that because he has the flu and pneumonia (it was just pneumonia via text, and just a cold to CAS, so he can't even make up his mind) that he can't talk to his kids. 7 hours later, and not even a single response, so I think people are starting to catch on.

ANYWAY...in happier news, my IPS Screening Part 1 is also tomorrow morning, so I have an ultrasound and bloodwork right before court. There's something positive to balance out the negative.

Good luck with your court stuff Sassy!!!

So growth scan was fine today. Still measuring further along with dates...

these are the only two decent photos we got (got 5 all up) asked about gender but she said they dont do that until 18-20 weeks... she completely avoided the area...

whats your thoughts on gender based on skull??

Attachments

• 20140114_153400-1.jpg
    20140114_153400-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20140114_153336-1.jpg
    20140114_153336-1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Congrats on baby girl number 2, Celine! :pink:

Charlie- I totally get it. I hope the doctor can suggest something helpful. I was on antidepressants and fertility drugs prior to my bfp and worry about my anxiety depression issues rearing it's ugly head. :cry: Let us know what you find out!

Brandi- good luck in court and with your testing this week. I had my NIPT and some chromosomal testing on me today and will be in next Tuesday for a full appt. with the genetic counselor, perinatologist and my nuchal scan. I'm so nervous!! It looks like there is a good chance I will have to have either a CVS or Amniocentesis...

Great scan Mumltd! I'm not sure about gender but we sure have had a lot of girl reveals so far... So a boy is my vote ;)

Good luck with your scan Toothfairy and anyone else having scans!

No clue on strollers/travel systems... Terrified to even go there yet! So overwhelming!

And I am planning on starting yoga and swimming soon! Just waiting on more energy!! Ugh.....

A lot brighter in my world today, feel excited by my.gender scan again which is nice after 2 days being as low as I come. I'll try post scan pics for guesses tonight or tomorrow so we can see how good we are lol.

Does any1 know much about prams / push chairs .. O yes I told my gynae I wanted a water birth because its less traumatic on baby .. She laughed n said There's no proof n we aren't fish its the same as natural .. So looks like I'm goin natural .. Sigh how do u tell gender by skull? It all looks the same to me hehe :)

Charlie - So happy to hear you feeling perky again. I also battle with depression and understand how hard it can be. You have a lot to be strong and happy for, I know you'll beat it. It's v. sensible that you saw a Doc as soon as you saw it rearing it's ugly head. Don't beat yourself up about it, it's a lot more common than you think. People just don't like to talk about it. You're doing all the right things by you and the baby.

Moltal - I have been to see 3 different Gynaes about my endometriosis in the past, and despite it being the same problem - they all came back with entirely different solutions. All far more drastic than what was actually necessary. I'm only sharing this because despite all Gynae's having the same qualification, they also carry their own personal bias. While your personal Gynae might not believe in waterbirths, there's a great number that do. Don't be put off by the negative reaction. If it's what you want, the Gynae should support your birth plan. This is a massive moment in your life, and as far as possible, you should have it how you want it. I've heard that waterbirths help a lot with pain relief in the earlier stages, as well as a lower chance of episiotomy (as I guess your skin gets softer in the water?!) - and if that's not an incentive I don't know what is! I haven't looked a lot into waterbirth so I might not be entirely accurate, but just don't be put off by one negative reaction. This is your body and your baby, you decide what's best for it (and just hope the baby wants it that way on the day too! :haha:)

MiumLtd - Glad your bubs is fine.

Brandi - Your ex sounds like a right piece of work. I hope all goes well in court.

Moltal - I thought it was also easier on mothers body - while squatting at least the water supports you etc? Less likely to be tired and so on. Also, one point in my book about it which made me lol was that if you do a poo it's easier for the mw to fish out! charming.

So growth scan was fine today. Still measuring further along with dates...

these are the only two decent photos we got (got 5 all up) asked about gender but she said they dont do that until 18-20 weeks... she completely avoided the area...

whats your thoughts on gender based on skull??

I say GIRL based on skull!!

Any guesses on gender from these two pictures from my 11w6d scan? On my Facebook group I've had 3 boy and 2 girl guesses so people seem pretty undecided lol.

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
Moltal - I had an AMAZING water birth with my first, and while I'm not sure there's any difference for baby in or out of the water, there's a LOT of difference for mum! It was so comfortable, really calming, and I managed to push out a 10lb 7oz baby with nothing but gas and air, something which I definitely think is down to the water xx

Moltal if you want a waterbirth you have one! Don't let her piss on your dreams, she should support you as a professional xx

Charlie, so glad you're feeling brighter, sorry no guesses from me I'm rubbish with skulls!

Sent off my Harmony blood samples today, two weeks feels like an AGE to wait!

Ooh and i announced on FB at the weekend by changing my profile pic:
https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/tulip1uk/Baby%20Bagel/PhotoGrid_1389343479307_zps724d4930.jpg

Ultrasound went GREAT! Freckle is measuring 68.1mm CRL, has a heartbeat of 149, NT was 1.8mm. I'll upload the pic soon.

Court was even better!

I won temporary full custody of all three children. My ex lost his weekday visits, lost one weekend, and the two weekends he gets are now cut down to 30 hours each weekend. He has the kids a total of 60 hours a month. We go back to court in April to finalize

Ultrasound went GREAT! Freckle is measuring 68.1mm CRL, has a heartbeat of 149, NT was 1.8mm. I'll upload the pic soon.

Court was even better!

I won temporary full custody of all three children. My ex lost his weekday visits, lost one weekend, and the two weekends he gets are now cut down to 30 hours each weekend. He has the kids a total of 60 hours a month. We go back to court in April to finalize

Glad everything went well Brandi!

Yay Brandi! Your ex is a real piece of work :-/

That's so cute Tulip! Did it take people long to work out what it was?

Well I started the puerperium cardi yesterday. Unfortunately, I made a mistake somewhere and ended up taking 30 rows undone (grr!). Just about to start again now. It was coming along nicely until I realised something was wrong!

I wish I understood the skull theory fully, I have doubts about its accuracy. I thought the flatter the front of the head means boy and the more bulging forehead means girl, to me my baby's full side profile looks like the forehead has a slight bulge but not as big as some I've seen and everyone says boy??

A pure guess Charlie I think your having a girl! Not long till you know for sure! :D

This is going to be my first scan that isn't completely laced with nerves, plus at my dating scan I probably only got to see the screen for a minute tops and they couldn't get good pictures. I'll still be nervous but no where near as bad as I have been.
1 day 8 hours and a few minutes to go lol.

I wish I understood the skull theory fully, I have doubts about its accuracy. I thought the flatter the front of the head means boy and the more bulging forehead means girl, to me my baby's full side profile looks like the forehead has a slight bulge but not as big as some I've seen and everyone says boy??

A pure guess Charlie I think your having a girl! Not long till you know for sure! :D

I used this website to read up on it :thumbup:

https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/skull-theory-a-gender-predictor/

Charlie i think :pink: .. Have fun tomorrow xx

Cant believe I've hit 12 weeks .. This pregnancy is going so quick. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back