July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

Hello Mommies, I am happy to have found my July Team!

I am 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant and I received my BFN in November of last year! I would have jumped to join you ladies had I known you were here! Just found the group after waking up in the middle of the night unable to sleep and scrolling posts. Lol

Anyway, this is our fourth and last baby (my husband and I are thinking). I have two boys and a girl so of course a part of me is wondering if this baby will be my daughter's little sister! We will love our baby of course no matter the gender.

I received an early ultrasound at about 6 weeks to confirm that we were not having another ectopic and thankfully things were in their proper place! I went to my midwife for my first appt thereafter and to hear the baby's heartbeat but the NP was not able to pick it up with the Doppler so they directed me to the neighboring hospital to receive an ultrasound. Lo and behold there he or she was just as moving around and everything appeared well thank God. This ultrasound confirmed that my dates were correct at that time, I was 11.3 days pregnant. Midwife could have sworn that we were confusing the dates and that's why her NP couldn't pick up the heartbeat in the office, but our dates were right on target!

Anyway, just wanted to give you ladies a bit of background. I am just getting over several weeks of nausea and sore boobies. Energy levels are increasing and overall I'm feeling pretty good! Happy
To be here. :)

Welcome Cuddle,

I think you meant your BFP and not your BFN... LOL

Congrats on baby number 4..... :)

Welcome cuddle!!!

Here is Freckle! Such a CRAPPY pic. I was so disappointed in the lack of quality, and it wouldn`t even scan so I had to take a photo of it because my phone brought it out more clearly. He's measuring on the small side (aveage 74mm, and he's 68mm) so I think I need to start taking care of myself better and get him growing. His heartbeat is strong. I'm still thinking boy.

Oh, and YAY! My stripey ticker changed!!!!!

Attachments

• Freckle13w2db.jpg
    Freckle13w2db.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
Welcome Cuddle and congrats!

Has anyone else felt good for their second tri, but come down with a headache/nausea randomly? Feeling really rough today and hoping it's just a bug/pregnancy rather than something I ate!

On a funny note, since I showed my 14 week scan to DH's family they have been very confident that we are having a boy. I am planning on staying team yellow so will not be able to confirm until the lo comes along. (I'm pretty sure the little thing near the legs in the u/s is the umbilical cord) Now I'm used to people being assertive in their opinions, after all I'm surrounded by a Mediterranean family. However, yesterday I was given our first baby gift. I was really touched, and it was a beautiful ending to a day where I had first got to hear my baby's heartbeat. I then look inside the bag and its 3 x blue and white bibs, 3 x blue and white hooded towels, and 1 x white blanket and 1 x blue blanket. (with no receipt - I checked!)

I'm more than happy for people to be confident in their guess at what sex the baby will be - but it seems to be taking it to another level to actually be buying me blue gifts already. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful and I think it was very thoughtful of her. But still odd!

Now it's left me wondering if I should find out the sex of the baby. She's already made it clear to me that she's just waiting for the spring/summer stock to come in before buying me even more. Having visions of a disgruntled baby girl dressed in blue lol!

As for the water birth unfortunately its not a big thing in Africa its only started last year my gynae has never done a water birth n isn't considerin to do one sigh I do want one but finding another gynae and finding out if insurance will cover it will b a mission thanks ladies as for the skull theory still have no idea not even on my scan most guesses has been a girl for me

Hi everyone. We had our 12wk scan yesterday and everything is fab. Babies measured 12+3 (we were 12+1) which fits in with ov date rather than lmp so edd is now 26th july. We also saw the twin consultant who said we will be induced at 36 wks if they don't come before. Which puts me on the cusp of june and july so I hope you don't mind if I stay here with you guys? Nuchal folds were 1.2 and 1.3 so v pleased. Growth scans every 2 weeks so will be seeing them again on the 30th. Will try and get a pic up but last time it ssid too big.x

Also I thought I saw something which looked of the boy persuasion-v like the definite boy pic from earlier in the thread-sorry I can't remember whose pic it was. But my fiance thinks I'm making it up! Is 12 wks def too early?

Brandi i think boy :) x

That's what my instinct has been saying since the beginning, and everyone guessing so far based on skull and nub theory, I've had about 8 boy guesses and only one girl guess. Only about 26 more weeks til I find out!

12 weeks tomorrow :)

YAY!!!! :happydance:

On a funny note, since I showed my 14 week scan to DH's family they have been very confident that we are having a boy. I am planning on staying team yellow so will not be able to confirm until the lo comes along. (I'm pretty sure the little thing near the legs in the u/s is the umbilical cord) Now I'm used to people being assertive in their opinions, after all I'm surrounded by a Mediterranean family. However, yesterday I was given our first baby gift. I was really touched, and it was a beautiful ending to a day where I had first got to hear my baby's heartbeat. I then look inside the bag and its 3 x blue and white bibs, 3 x blue and white hooded towels, and 1 x white blanket and 1 x blue blanket. (with no receipt - I checked!)

I'm more than happy for people to be confident in their guess at what sex the baby will be - but it seems to be taking it to another level to actually be buying me blue gifts already. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful and I think it was very thoughtful of her. But still odd!

I agree with this. It's still pretty early. Just don't take the tags off, just in case.

As for the water birth unfortunately its not a big thing in Africa its only started last year my gynae has never done a water birth n isn't considerin to do one sigh I do want one but finding another gynae and finding out if insurance will cover it will b a mission thanks ladies as for the skull theory still have no idea not even on my scan most guesses has been a girl for me

That's unfortunate that your OB won't attempt a water birth for you. I hope you find someone who can do what you want. What about a midwife?

Hi everyone. We had our 12wk scan yesterday and everything is fab. Babies measured 12+3 (we were 12+1) which fits in with ov date rather than lmp so edd is now 26th july. We also saw the twin consultant who said we will be induced at 36 wks if they don't come before. Which puts me on the cusp of june and july so I hope you don't mind if I stay here with you guys? Nuchal folds were 1.2 and 1.3 so v pleased. Growth scans every 2 weeks so will be seeing them again on the 30th. Will try and get a pic up but last time it ssid too big.x

Of course you can stay!!! That would be a silly reason to leave! With my youngest, I was due April 27 by insemination, but May 2 by LMP. I stayed in the May group and she ended up being my first late baby, and was born May 4.

Also I thought I saw something which looked of the boy persuasion-v like the definite boy pic from earlier in the thread-sorry I can't remember whose pic it was. But my fiance thinks I'm making it up! Is 12 wks def too early?

Depends. Both boys and girls have a penis-like structure at 12 weeks. It depends on the angle of the dangle. If it's pointing more upwards, it's a boy, if it's more outwards or downwards, it's a girl.

FINALLY had my scan, my dates were right, 14 weeks 2 days :D

here's our newest addition :)

1557552_588302127737_2116615116_n.jpg

It was def more upwards! Wondered whether it was umbilical cord but it stopped mid air? Have to wait and see...

Lovely scan Sunflower! :cloud9:

Welcome Cuddle :flower:

Cally- that is so funny about you getting those boy gifts. How strange? I couldn't even imagine doing something like that, lol. Nice of her but odd to me someone would do that :dohh: Also, I'm less than a week from second trimester and I have been getting random headaches, weak spells and nausea. Maybe just hormone surges? No clue....

Neesaw- congrats on the twins growing so healthy and strong! Way to go, Mama! :baby::baby:

Brandi- congrats on full custody :happydance:and I am definitely on team :blue: for Freckle!

Morning Ladies.

Hope everyone is doing well.

17 weeks here. My goodness time goes by fast.
Luckly still feeling pretty good. Starting to get some lower pulling pains but from what I can remember this was about the time I did with the other 2.

Next appointment is Feb 3rd. It was suppose to be an US to check gender. :haha:
I'm pretty sure their still doing US to see how Andrew is growing. Cant wait to see him again.
Started feeling some serious movements lately, and he seems to be awake alot at night. Hope he gets on a different schedule before he gets here lol.

Hope everyone continues to feel well and cant wait to see more US pics and Gender Reveals.

Hello Ladies,

The nauseas comes and goes, its mostly here during the day if it does come.
The headaches are back and more frequent now....
and I have back pain all the time, I also get what feels like period cramps, which comes and goes...

I cant wait till we see all the scan pics....

Hi ladies. .....hope you are all well!

I haven't posted on here for awhile but have been keeping up with all your posts and lovely scan pics!!!!

I am 12 weeks today according to lmp. But I have a docs app in an hour to go over my ultrasound so we will see if my dates change at all :)

Almost all if you are in 2nd tri now so exciting......can't wait to join you!!!

I am definitely experiencing a lot of headaches and cramps. I think I am also getting round ligament pain. I am getting more excited for my gender scan in 3.5 weeks. I wish I didn't have to wait so long.

Hi Ladies. Had my scan yesterday and I thought it was an actual apt as well as a gender scan but nope, just plopped the scanner on my belly! He didn't measure the baby or anything. We seen the lil heart just beating away and then he moved over to the legs and at first we couldn't get a good look. Then we seen the feet and the dr was like well that baby has some size 13's right there. At first the cumblical cord was in the way but we got a few good shots and Dr said well there is your babys 3rd leg!!!! LOL we have a BOY! oh my the wifey was soooooooooooooo excited, saying YESSSS and laughing. I got a lil teary eyed just from sheer pleasure of knowing our baby is well and learning it's a boy. Wifey asked several times are you sure it's a boy and he reassured it was. The only pics we got of our baby are between the leg shots tho I would have loved another profile pic. I go back in 2 weeks for quad screening blood test to check for down syndrome and some other things.

Attachments

• 14w6d.jpg
    14w6d.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member