July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

14 weeks and still not on the front page and tats like the second best part hehe nh scan was 1.7/ 1.8 my gynae wasn't worried so I didn't bother gettin blood tests also because its expensive n I'm really not bothered I'm happy I'm pregnant and lookin forward to a healthy baby with or without "special needs" .. Everyone has a different opinion but hey that's life .. So jealous of everyone gender scan I'm only gettin mine in like 6 weeks at 20weeks bleh good luck everyone
EDD: 21 july

Welcome Victoria and the other newbies! Expecting our second here too :)

Moltal you need to PM Celesse and ask her to add you to the front page - we can't expect her to keep up with every post on this thread :hugs:

Welcome Victoria and the other newbies! Expecting our second here too :)

Moltal you need to PM Celesse and ask her to add you to the front page - we can't expect her to keep up with every post on this thread :hugs:

lol sorry so true thanks so much !!
I tend to forget ppl have other lives besides bnb
Excuse me and being inconsiderate !! :hugs:

Question... Is anyone else thinking about doing the 3D-4D private scans?
I did the 3D with my first son and it was pretty amazing.
At my baby shower we had the video playing in the back ground the whole time for our guest to see.
Im considering doing that again with Andrew.
Not only that but my daughter is 14 and has been thru the pregnancy thing before and understands. My son is 3 and talks about it but doesn't completly understand the whole thing.
The place I found lets you bring the whole family and its for 30 mins on big flat screens. I think big bro actually seeing his little brother and moving around might help him be more ready for when he actually gets here.
Thoughts?????

I had a 4D scan for my daughter and it was wonderful, definitely doing it again this time :) xx

I definitely want to have the 3D and 4D scan done....
I want to do everything because this is our 1st... LOL

Hi again ladies. I am just trying to catch up with everything.
I had my amniocentesis yesterday so should find out tomorrow if this baby has any little surprises in store for us. I think they can tell you the gender at the same time so really swithering whether or not to find out.
What's the difference between 3d and 4d scans? And when is best to have one?

Evening ladies, have finally managed to take my first bump photo. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 12
https://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/health/flu-pregnant-miscarriage/index.html?hpt=he_c1

Article on cnn.com today. A little dramatic but answers some of the questions from the other day regarding the flu vaccine and pregnant women. Read if interested.

At my baby shower we had the video playing in the back ground the whole time for our guest to see.
Not only that but my daughter is 14 and has been thru the pregnancy thing before and understands. My son is 3 and talks about it but doesn't completly understand the whole thing.
The place I found lets you bring the whole family and its for 30 mins on big flat screens. I think big bro actually seeing his little brother and moving around might help him be more ready for when he actually gets here.
Thoughts?????

My 3D ultrasound is booked for April 22. I booked it when I was 6 weeks, lmao.

I went a little nuts today. Last night, I found a really cute high chair on Kijiji for $40. It retails at $90, and this one was only used for two months. It was listed in my mom's town so I asked her to pick it up for me. She missed it by 20 minutes. So I told her I'd check second hand stores, and that I don't care if it has monkey's on it, as long as it's the same style. My mom had already fallen in love with it and swore it was going to be that high chair, or no high chair, even if it meant spending $90.

So today, she went on a mad dash looking for this high chair. She went to 5 different Walmart locations and they all were sold out. She then told me to call locations in the next town over, so I did. (My location was sold out)...so was the town over, and 11 other locations within a half hour driving distance as me. As it turned out, the high chair was on clearance.

I went to go pick my daughter up from daycare, feeling defeated, when the babysitter suggested I try the town an hour from me. I called them, and they had ONE left, and they held it for me at customer service until I got out there. It matches my playpen, and bouncer, and has monkeys on it. And then of course, on the way home, isn't there a Target, which my town does not have, and I HAVE to stop in there. I bought 5 pairs of baby socks for $3, a pair of 3 month baby boy pants for $1, a blue newborn housecoat with a monkey on it for $5, and a 3 pack of long sleeve onesies for $3.

This baby better be a boy because I have NO ATTRACTION OR DESIRE to even look at baby girl stuff, let alone BUY baby girl stuff.

Welcome Victoriaaa! :flower:

Loving all the bump pics! Unfortunately, due to being plus size I think it's gonna be a while longer before my baby bump shows! :cry:

Picked out a stroller and infant car seat today on Rei :) I want the BOB revolution CE and the BOB B-safe infant car seat by Britax! Anyone else shopping for travel systems? Suggestions? Thoughts?

We've decided we want the Joie Aire+ travel system which my in laws are kindly buying, then we just have to buy the base for the car seat. I got a jungle swaddle bag yesterday from TK Maxx which I fell for while browsing, now I just need another swaddle bag and that's bedding sorted for 3 months. I've got some really good second hand unisex clothes coming too over the next few days, I really should stop shopping but I've been waiting so long for this I just cant help myself!

We have the icandy Peach from last time. Out infant car seat fits onto it but I don't intend to use the car seat outside the car :)

Thoughts?????

We had a 3D one with DS and it was amazing, we took MIL and FIL along and they loved it. Even better, the sonographer had forgotten to press record on the DVD so we got to go back again for another free scan so she could record it for us.

I am unsure whether to have another one, I think it would be nice for DS to see his brother/sister but we have already paid for a private early scan (£80) and a private gender scan (£39 - bargain really I guess) so another £80 for 3D will total almost £200 on scans - eeek!

X

We had a 3d scan with DS and it was fantastic, but this little one has already had 4 scans with at least another 2 to come, so I'm going to try and go without this time.

Couldn't resist buying this https://www.mothercare.com/Baby-Einstein-Baby-Neptune-Ocean-Playgym/477915,default,pd.html

mothercare was actually the cheapest :)

Frustrated, that's a beautiful bump - and nice dress by the way!

Haha, Brandi, I have a similar obsession with teddy bears and accessories with bears on!

We went and bought a second hand travel system last week. I feel like we got an amazing deal on it. The cot bit had never been used, neither had the car seat (poor owner's baby had complications which meant they were in the UK for the first 6 months) and everything else looks in good nick. It's a Stokke Xplory in olive green and it was 1/3 of the price brand new with all the accessories and ISO car seat thingamyjig :happydance:

Trying to slow down on baby purchases now as I've been given the heads up that a lot of family members who are visiting in Feb are keen to help us out with some of the bigger purchases. In fact after the travel system I was instructed not to buy anything else by a very rattled Great Granny to-be! The help is more than welcome as we're also doing a lot of work on the house at the mo..

And that article is bl**dy terrifying! Going to see the midwife today and will ask about the flu jab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->