July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

the sickess is slowly creeping in. the nausea lasts all day long. i have to literally keep something in my mouth at all times to keep it bay. over the weekend, i threw up a few times, but nothing excessive and i was able to function afterwards. today alone, i've thrown up 5 times and i feel weak and dizzy. it takes me almost an hour to feel better after every time only to have to run to the bathroom and repeat the process. it's getting depressing. my dr is out all week, so there's no relief for me until next week or if i go in to the emergency room to get fluids, but even that seems like such a chore, i'd rather just lie down on the bathroom floor and pass out.

dh is off traveling again for work, but it's not international travel this time, so he's only a quick flight home away. he is still having a hard time dealing with this news and went as far as to ask me to consider terminating the pregnancy because he thinks it will financially ruin us to add one more to the family. i was shocked and appalled. i guess i never expected the man that i love, the man who helped create this life that is growing inside me, to put money before the value and meaning of life and love. i'm disheartened and disappointed in him. just a few months ago, we were actively trying to conceive. sure, we stopped trying and didn't expect it to happen, but guess what, it happened! we should happy and overjoyed that once we stopped trying, we were successful! so, we've just decided not to even talk about the pregnancy anymore for now. i feel like he's putting a tremendous amount of pressure and stress on me and i just can't deal with it. he's sympathetic to me being sick and he's not being a complete jerk, he does try to help me get through the moments following the bouts of vomiting, but he makes comments like, "you see how sick you are, why would you put yourself through that on purpose?" i really wish i could backhand him.

anyway, i'm excited to see the first scan pic posted!! can't wait to start seeing more. i'm so glad to hear good news from you ladies, you keep my spirits up.

I feel for you and know how you are feeling, I am currently in hospital! Go to the er! You will function so much better, I even managed to have some dry crackers today and I can never do that, ask for everything on offer, they have me on about 5 different drugs to try and help with the nausea xxx thinking of you and so sorry the dreaded hg got you!

I had my first scan today. Bean is one day behind and has a heart beat. :cloud9:

That's great Krissie! Were they able to see the heartbeat on an abdominal US?

OMG the next 36 weeks are gonna be HORRID! I just snuck into my kids' Halloween candy and pulled out two mini chocolate bars and ONE bite out of one of them made my face twist and grimace with disgust. It felt immediately nauseous again. I couldn't eat the second. How the heck can this be? I LOVE chocolate and Freckle hates it?!

This cannot be!

So I gave in and had my friend at work draw my blood to check hcg levels. I was 4 weeks 6 days. I got back the number today and it was 6,218. Does this seem high to you all?

I definately am finding sweets so unappealing. I find even dark chocolate to sweet. Which I am okay with it as it helps with my blood sugar.

So I gave in and had my friend at work draw my blood to check hcg levels. I was 4 weeks 6 days. I got back the number today and it was 6,218. Does this seem high to you all?

Im not an expert but that does seem high for less than 5 weeks, esp since most preg tests at 25 ml and you usually have to wait til day of expected period.. doubling every 2 days (if you havent done the math) should put you at 800 max. Guess you'll have to wait for your doctors appt to consult about your dates. No fair jumping the gun... patience patience!!! :flower:

And forget about chocolate, its all about Orange chicken and brocolli beef right now lol

I'd like to join! Got my first ever BFP on Sunday with an EDD of July 24th. I'm so excited!

I'd like to join! Got 3 light BFPs and blood work to confirm, EDD July 22nd <3

Feeling Blessed !!!

Wow a flurry of new activity, welcome :D

I certainly haven't lost my sweet tooth, I really wanted cheesecake Monday night so had some last night. I'm going to pile on weight with this baby if I'm not careful, I'm always hungry and always thirsty. When I see the midwife I may have to ask if I should be letting myself stay hungry instead.

Krissie, that is great news! :hugs:

Littlebird, Sailorsgirl and KayD congrats and welcome!

I normally love chocolate but have no desire for it. DH kindly ordered in loads of raw choccies for me before I got my BFP, and I really just don't fancy them!

I'm still all about salty food! Although I slept horrendously last night, and was so thirsty every time I woke that I'm going to be careful to have lower salt intake in case that's effecting it.

Is anyone else sleeping badly? Any tips for a sound night's sleep? Between sleep deprivation and hormones gone mad, I'm losing the plot and finding myself to be ever so slightly (ok massively!) grouchy!

I've been having a mug of ovaltine each evening and sleeping right through. Although last night my youngest daughter woke me up at 1am because her older sister told her it was time to open her birthday presents :growlmad: She swiftly got sent back to bed but still got up 5 hours later, so today I will mostly be tired :loopy:

Welcome to the new members!!! Lots of sticky dust!

It's 4:10am here and I've already been awake for an hour, so no advice on the sleepless thing cuz it's happening to me too. I think it's a combination of thirst, hunger, the need to poop, and going to bed so early because I'm just way too damn exhausted to stay awake later than 8:30pm even though I had a nap too.

I drink 8 glasses of water a day and still wake up with dry lips and an incredible thirst. I'm buying the grocery store out of water every two days, and I'm SO DAMN HUNGRY!!!

Sorry I've been slacking on the updates for the thread. I've had a lot of bleeding and little help from EPAU. There's a thread in the first tri forums if anyone wants the fuller story. I think I'm up to date now but if you think I've missed you then feel free to pm me so I can update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->