July Jelly Beans!! 2014!

My 4 year old son just told me that his dad told him that some girls are ugly, and only ugly girls wear makeup so they don't have to look ugly anymore and that he needs to stay away from ugly girls.

I cannot express my true feelings and how I want to deal with this situation, or it can be held against me.

Oh no :( that's not very nice

Sounds like you need to have a private talk with husband lol

I can see many flaws in that logic too.. what defines 'ugly girls', make up use, judging others by appearance, choosing your company based on appearance... you just can't get a break Brandi lol

EX-husband. I refuse to allow my son to grow up to be abusive like his father is. My son and I had a good chat about it.

I told him that it wasn't true that only "ugly" girls wear makeup. I asked him if he thought Mommy was ugly, and he said no, he thought I was pretty, then I reminded him that I sometimes wear makeup too.

Then I explained to him that everyone looks different and that there is no such thing as ugly. Every girl is pretty in her own way, whether they wear makeup or not and every boy is handsome in his own way. I said that sometimes girls wear makeup because it makes them feel VERY pretty and makes them feel happy. He then said to me, "That's right Mommy. I think you're pretty without makeup, but you are very pretty with makeup too. But boys don't have to wear makeup. And my Daddy is wrong. No one is ugly and my Daddy shouldn't say that about anyone!"

Then I told him he's my favourite boy, and he said I'm his favourite girl.

Pisses me off what he tries to teach my little boy. MY SON will NOT grow up to be like him. I will see to that that he is raised to be better than that!

Hallelujah Brandi, sounds like you had a very good and meaningful conversation with your son! It's good to teach kids to think for themselves, sounds like your boy is a very sweet and smart lil lad ;)

Aww bless your son! I would definitely have words with his dad. He's obviously a very bitter man x

I'm not feeling bad thanks. Day with the stepdaughter and considering.getting.dressed and going on the hunt for bread cos I really fancy toast.

I'm struggling to get comfy in bed already. I turned over this morning and the pain in the top of my leg/joint was awful!

Happy and excited, looking at girl names, but I know hubby won't like them.

Ava, Eva, Bryony, Bridget, Belle & Hazel.
I find it really hard to find a girl name, where as we are set on boys x

Me and hubby have added another name to our list. I keep dreaming names lol

We struggled for names last time so waited until our gender scan. We don't have 1 single name in mind!

Morning all..

Our names are 100% set after a lovely chat last night. Also my cramps have been replaced with aches, feels like I've done 10000 sit ups. X

This may be a bit tmi but have any of you ladies been suffering from constipation? I woke up early hours this morning with really bad stomach pains, I got such a fright and was convinced when I got to the toilet I would be bleeding (I wasn't). Then I tried to...erm...go to the toilet and couldn't. I could feel lots of pressure in my stomach and I knew I needed to go but nothing happened. The pains have gone now but I still haven't managed to go.

Is there anything safe to take to move things along?

X

I was suffering with that for the last 3 days, I upped my intake of water and have only had water and have now been able to go. I wanted to try it before I consulted a chemist. Fx it doesn't last long for you ladies.

I had constipation after egg collection. I went with fresh, not from concentrate orange juice and that got things moving so to say :) Worth a shot because it's good for you and bean too.

How's everyone feeling today?

I'm super nervous about my ultrasound on Tuesday. All my symptoms have pretty much completely disappeared. I haven't been nauseous AT ALL since Friday, no vomitting since 3w5d, no gas, no more bloating, not as hungry...only the excessive thirst. I'm not even peeing as much anymore.

My tests are still dark as can be, but I'm worried that I'll go in on Tuesday and they'll tell me it's a molar pregnancy or a blighted ovum. I just don't feel pregnant anymore. 6 weeks was where I miscarried my two angels.

Happy and excited, looking at girl names, but I know hubby won't like them.

Ava, Eva, Bryony, Bridget, Belle & Hazel.
I find it really hard to find a girl name, where as we are set on boys x

I LOVE Ava and Eva!

I thought I was set on mine, but I'm still debating on the second middle name for a boy, and I'm second guessing my girls name. I've LOVED Georgia Charlotte for a LOOOOOOOONG time (like two years), but now that I chose Emelia as the second middle name, I now want Emelia as the first name, with a nickname of Emi, but Emelia Georgia Charlotte doesn't sound right, and while I like Emelia Charlotte, not sure on a second middle name.

This may be a bit tmi but have any of you ladies been suffering from constipation? I woke up early hours this morning with really bad stomach pains, I got such a fright and was convinced when I got to the toilet I would be bleeding (I wasn't). Then I tried to...erm...go to the toilet and couldn't. I could feel lots of pressure in my stomach and I knew I needed to go but nothing happened. The pains have gone now but I still haven't managed to go.

Is there anything safe to take to move things along?

X

I started off with looser bowels, and now I'm constipated...I can still pass it, it's just not as easy. Try increasing your water intake, and if that fails, you might need an enema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->