July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Hi all

Glad you're all well, i've been suffering some achey almost crampy feelings the last couple of days so the doctors given me a specimen pot to see if I have a UTI. Seems to have calmed down today thank goodness. On another note I think I may end up spending nothing on this baby. I was given the car seat I wanted by a freind (one baby used for a year and no accidents) which fits perfectly on the pram i'm being given by another! She gave me a moses basket too and oddly i was given an unused basket mattress by another freind recently. I have bought a few basics like sleep suits and the like but nothing much. Hoping to plough these savings into maternity time.

Hope you all are well! x

Hey Ladies,

I dont know if baby is laying on my bladder or if I have a UTI, all I know is that i was in pain for 2 days, and could barely use the toilet.

Feeling a lot better now, but I am getting a scratchy throat. And think I am getting the flu.

Tomorrow is my scan so I am super excited and super nervous about it....

Glad to hear you are all well... :)

So Saturday i was getting dressed and was arranging my boobs to the correct position in my bra. When i pulled my hand out it was wet. Upon careful inspection, both of my nipples were leaking clear fluid when squeezed. Isn't it a bit early to be leaking?

Tymeg - sounds like me the last few days, hope you feel better soon!

Lmbhj - oo, funny enough this morning I was reading through my 'pregnancy week by week' book and it said leaking might start around 23 weeks! So you're only a tiny but early!

Sounds right on schedule, lmb!

I have this weird cough going on. I will have hacking fits and my chest will hurt, but I don't feel sick. It's weird. I really hate the weather we have going on here. It's freaking MARCH already!!! These -30 temps need to go away! It's my birthday in a week and a half, and I remember playing outside in shorts and a tshirt when I was a kid. Now I'm still shovelling snow.

Tymeg - sounds like me the last few days, hope you feel better soon!

Lmbhj - oo, funny enough this morning I was reading through my 'pregnancy week by week' book and it said leaking might start around 23 weeks! So you're only a tiny but early!

Of course i immediately googled it to make sure i wasn't loosing it.
Then i also told my husband, because it was Sooo weird to me (FTM) and to warn him to be careful during sex. I didn't know how curious he would be so i asked him if he wanted to see it....he thought for about 10 seconds and was like "no, this is something you can keep to yourself." haha:haha:
We are extremely open with each other and i tend to over share sometimes. lol

At least he turned the offer down. My ex wanted to try mine just to see what it tasted like! Bleh!

Just had someone come through my unit and tell me how big i am and that we must be having a very big baby.

I mean, jesh, i'm not a small girl (pre-pregnancy 5ft 7in about 175lbs, though i carry it well with an athletic build, not pudgy), i have put on 15lbs. I'm not small, but not so big it warrants people to comment on it. I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant. Goodness.

Not nice. :nope:

People can be so rude sometimes. Big bellies don't mean big babies, hun. This was me 2 days before I had my son. He was a 6lbs baby.

Attachments

• 387131_102234359932619_327555607_n.jpg
    387131_102234359932619_327555607_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
People can be so rude sometimes. Big bellies don't mean big babies, hun. This was me 2 days before I had my son. He was a 6lbs baby.

Thanks Brandi. You look fantastic in that picture.

Ugh...I've always been self conscious and this weight gain has me totally freaked out. I'm my worst critic (as we all are to ourselves) and when i look in the mirror i don't see a BIG person. This is one way i guess we grow thicker skin.
When this pregnancy is done and over with, i DO NOT want to look back and realize how much i missed out on because i was so obsessed with my weight. I'm currently working really hard on this. This is the ONLY first pregnancy i get.

The weight thing is one thing that gets to me too. I struggled for two years to drop my last 10lbs of baby weight and FINALLY did it the month before I got pregnant. I try not to obsess over it, and so I refuse to weigh myself unless I'm at the midwife office. I haven't gained much so far this pregnancy but I know that since I'm eating more now, I'll start packing them on. This is my last pregnancy, and a miracle one at that, so I want to enjoy it as much as possible, and obsessing over my weight doesn't let me do that.

Next time someone comments about weight and how big you look just remind them you're growing a human and ask what their excuse is.

Quick question ladies! I just got back from my mw appt. According to them i'm 22+5 based on ultrasound, she measured my fundal height and put it down as 21cm. Which would make it 2 weeks behind according to them...she said this was fine but what's bothering me is that the place where she said the top of the fundus is - is where it's been sitting for at least 3-4 weeks. It's freaked me out....does anyone have experience of fundal heights being off? growth spurts? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure fundal height is measured from the same point at the top and bottom, it's how big your bump is that determines the number? I could be wrong though... They always measured me from the same points each time (last pregnancy) but I don't know for certain as they don't start measuring until later on here... I think maybe 26 weeks? Sorry I'm not much help xx

Yeah she measured me from pubic bone to top of uterus - which i've been able to feel sitting at my belly button for a few weeks now, and she confirmed that's where it was....just a bit confused as she said ti grows a cm a week! Mine basically seemed to shoot up to that point and then hang around there. Weird, everything was normal at my 20 week scan so i'm not overly alarmed atm!

Morning Ladies. Just checking in after the weekend.

We got snow and Ice here over the weekend so stayed in and got a lot done around the house. Now I've come down with a sore throat.

I have my monthly check up appointment today so will be asking Doc about what I can and cannot take. Everyone around me has been sick and I have been blessed to not get it yet.

Only a few more days till V-day. Anyone else getting close?

Excuse the ignorance what is vday?

Vitality day .. Like wen you have more chance of your baby surviving from 24weeks onwards I think .. .. I went for a scan n baby 329g n ive put on 4kgs lol .. N went for a scare scan today due to lack of movement n pain .. Gynae laughed .. "Ligament pain is normal its gona get worse" ouch. . Bleh .. N then she says "diarrhea can cause you go into labour" WHAT ?? Lol my ears are Hurting from all this information .. Sigh lol ps please don't get worried every gynae has their own opinion I shud know ive been to 3

moltal213- Yes you are correct. Just another milestone in the Pregnancy world :thumbup:

I will be talking to my doctor as well today about the diarrhea thing. TMI but since Friday I have had some very loose stools and when I wipe I have noticed light pink blood from my lady area. Nothing bright red just pinkish. I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks as well.

I did read that a lot of women have this due to soft cervix not so much an issue with the uterus. Hoping that's the case. Trying to stay calm and not freak out but it is on my mind. Plus I feel Bub still wiggling around in there all the time.

Nope, not close to Viability Day yet...just passed the Halfway mark yesterday, lol.

As for the diarrhea, it won't CAUSE you to go into labour, but for a lot of women, in the few days before they go into labour, they will have diarrhea, and it's the body's natural way of preparing for labour and cleaning you out (better than that enema!)

3 more weeks to go for me then.
I have had a runny tummy since before I fell pregnant.
and it has continued right through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->