July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Oh I need to have a mild panic attack!!! I was on third tri boards on there was a thread on pediatricians. Then I realized we are moving and I have no idea what to do! Baby will be born here and we plan to move within a month. Should I scout out a pediatrician in our new location before birth? And do I need to find someone up here for the first few weeks?

I remember having to bring dd in for checkups quite frequently in the beginning...you probably want to call up and ask for specifics bc you might need to find a dr in both places?

Welcome Dreams and beautiful scan pics Jackjack!

Congrats on double digits Krissie! I'll be joining the double digits club tomorrow, cannot wait. Then I'll just be counting down til third tri. Where has the time gone?! As the weather clears up and the days get longer, July no longer seems like such a distant prospect.

DH is going a little mad because I want to nest, but have a bad back, so am delegating most chores to him lol. Poor thing!

Isaac, it's when you have 99 days left of pregnancy :) or below lol :)

Has anyone else had some nausea return? I have been feeling a bit nauseous the past couple of days and thought I might be coming down with something but now I'm thinking it might just be preggo related.. ouf! Hoping it won't stay like this! Not as bad as first tri, but not fun either...

Cally - funny you should mention that - me too (nausea). Nothing overtly obvious but generally feeling out of sorts a bit sicky....I wondered if it might be the additional pressure on the stomach??

Hey ladies! Im still checking in on this thread a few times a day, just have been kind of uneventful here, so not much to post. Still feeling good. Double digits on Sunday! Woo Hoo! Nesting has been going on for a while here. I will be shampooing the carpets in the nursery this weekend. :) I think i might be driving my husband insane. lol
ZERO sex drive still, not happy about that. It better rear its head after the baby is born!
Feeling lots of kicks and noticing some patterns. He is usually active around meal times, and REALLY kicks a lot after i get up to pee around 1am-2am. Sleeping is still ok. Sleep pretty hard till about time to pee, then its achey till 6am = tossing and turning about every hr. But really cant complain overall. He has been quiet the last few days as i think he is facing backwards, I've felt some weird kicks to my bum area (what the heck is he doing in there!). Not pleasant. one hour Glucose testing on Monday morning and OB appt Monday afternoon. I cant believe ill be 26 weeks! Where is the time going?! We should be getting the crib soon. IKEA this weekend with our new suburbanite child friendly car - Honda pilot. I had to get rid of my convertible...not really child friendly and i was so ready to get something new anyways. New England is not the place for a convertible anyways. Constant reminder of our terrible weather this Spring. My winter coat is at maximum capacity with my baby belly...so it has to warm up, RIGHT?!
How is everyone doing?
Welcome to all the newbies!

Thank you all for the welcome.

Does anybody have a lot left to get? This time round I'm not organised at all. After having 2 girls I feel completely in the dark!

Aww Linny, sorry to hear it's affecting you too! Let's hope it's not permanent and perhaps just baby's position. But yes my bump has exploded in size in the past 3 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the lack of space in my tummy as Bean gets bigger and bigger! I can't wait to get measured at 28 weeks because I'm convinced I'm measuring ahead, but I'm a FTM so I don't really know what to expect. All I know is fam members are telling me to start thinking about getting everything ready!

Dreams, I feel like there's a lot left to get still. I just ordered the cot today and was told it could take 18 weeks to arrive (at least!) so glad I cracked on and ordered that today. I've just bought a basic changing unit and one of those nappy sausage maker thingamyjigs and a changing mat. I've got quite a few clothes but not enough of everything yet - decided it would be best to hold out until the baby shower is out of the way as I'm bound to be gifted a lot of clothes.

I haven't even started stocking up on nappies or bought a bath yet. Can anyone recommend a baby bath? There are so many out there, some much fancier than others. I'd love to know people's experience with them.

But, eeek, putting up the jungle themed wall stickers in the nursery sometime next week.. and I'm going to start washing the baby clothes once the weather clears up a bit.

Has anyone else started preparations? I feel like I might be getting ahead of myself a bit, but as my back seems to have good and bad days I try to take advantage of the days when I'm feeling good!

I bought one of those plastic bathtubs that comes with a detachable sling that I used with my first:
https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...443.4392756.2256088.2256094&parentPage=family
I didn't love it and as soon as she was a little older I bought a large animal-shaped sponge thing: https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...443.4392756.2256088.2256094&parentPage=family
This lays on the floor of our bathtub and you just put a couple of inches of water in. I thought that was a more pleasant experience for the baby because she stayed warmer but it was a little harder on my back!

Every other night it seems I wake up around 1 and can't get back to sleep until 3 or 4. I think it might have to do with how much I eat for dinner: if I eat a normal portion size I'm so full that I'm in pain but I sleep better; if I eat smaller portions or no carbs I'm comfortable at night but wake up STARVING. When I wake up I'm a zombie all day and feel like I have a hangover. Any clue on how to find a happy medium?

I had my 25 week appt yesterday and I'm measuring 23 weeks. The doctor seemed pleased since before she measured me I was telling her how my first weighed 9lbs 12oz. I asked about future sonograms and she made it seem like I was done with them; the only reason why they would have another is to see the size of the baby for possible c-section, which I don't want, and since I didn't have any issues delivering my first she wasn't concerned. I told my DH that I want to go have a 3d done with this one now somewhere else since I won't be having any more. I just have to see when the best time would be because I remember them saying that if you wait too long the baby is too squished to get any good pictures.

I have a growth scan on April 10th and I am going to ask about getting a 3d/4d done. I know they have the equipment as it was in the flyer I originally received. So hopefully they can do that.

As far as bath tubs I am having mixed feelings. The one hubby wants is much like that little sling one. I am just fine using the sink like my mom did with me. :p So who knows what we will do.

My baby shower is in 4 weeks! So hopefully after that I will know more of where I am sitting and what I need to buy. I am so excited to finally get things more prepared!

Bath tub wise, I used the infant to toddler ones, which have two sides, and then a bump in the centre as a bum support. I'm pretty much done getting things. I want so badly to keep buying but when I go to spend money, I realize I have everything already. I just need to get the room painted and put up the decals, and get a crib and I'm done. Maybe that's another reason it's going slowly...because I have nothing else to get!!!

But I have my 3D ultrasound on the 15th of April. Can't wait!

I have a changing station with a baby bath in the top, a lot of people say they're not worth it but we used it a lot for the first four or five months and it definitely saved my back! We used a sponge insert to make it more comfortable for a newborn. Plus we used it after that to store all the baby toiletries in. Once she was bigger we bathed her in our bath :) xx

I don't have much left to get, I have no muslins and things like that but that's because I'm waiting until after the baby shower. No nappies either but I don't plan to get many until after the birth and we've found a brand which suits us. Will buy a few smaller packs to trial beforehand. Thankfully hubby will happily pop out for more daily if he needs to.

Think the hormones are kicking in, I got really upset today because a Preorder I've placed for a new tablet now comes with a free dock. I've been trying to get it added to my order but nearly broke down in tears when I was being passed from pillar to post.

Isaac, it's when you have 99 days left of pregnancy :) or below lol :)

Has anyone else had some nausea return? I have been feeling a bit nauseous the past couple of days and thought I might be coming down with something but now I'm thinking it might just be preggo related.. ouf! Hoping it won't stay like this! Not as bad as first tri, but not fun either...

Oh yeah it all makes sense now thanks for explaining! X

Hey Ladies,

Yes The nauseous has returned for me as well.
I have so much to do, and I feel like Im running out of time now.... Eek...
I am getting all the big stuff next week, so then I can get the nursery sorted out.
I will only start washing baby stuff after baby shower. Which is the 1st June.
I have my follow up with gynae on the 22nd April and then 23rd April the 4d scan.

My legs pulling stiff is getting worse, and I cant wait to speak to the gynae, as it is affecting my bum cheeks as well.

I have been having an upset tummy for the past 2 days, waking up at 4am and staying in the toilet till about 6am.... Argh....

I just feel tired and drained.

Also, had my dad in hospital, this week, and that just caused me to get more emotional.

And then Clyde hurt his paw, or so we thought, and then took him to the vet, and they had to put him to sleep in order to do an xray, and that scared me shitless and the emotions went even higher, and then i balled all day yesterday.
He has torn his growth plate in his shoulder and needs to be off his paw for the next 2 weeks, NOT gonna happen with Boxers... LOL

Thats me for now.....

Hi ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies :)

It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me. First I slipped and fell right on my belly at work.. Had to be off two days for rest but fortunately LO took a licking and kept on ticking :thumbup: but was terrifying to be watched for 6 hrs on a monitor in an L & D suite. :nope: hope I don't see that room again until his arrival!

Then, same day I fell, DW came down with a horrible stomach flu so I spent my 'rest' days taking care of her just in time to get the stinking bug myself 1 week later! Had to call off Friday and have been in bed or on the potty puking and the like yesterday and today... Still not 100% :growlmad:

Baby is moving and kicking up a storm these days, still waiting on my big bump though. The u/s after my fall was so funny. LO was up under my right ribs and folded in half! Knees to nose! The tech was like you better invest in a lot of swaddle blankets, this one likes to be squished up! It was adorable! :cloud9:

Finally finished my registry for the shower at the end of May! That was a ton of work, I researched everything on the list from toys to baths. Bought changing dresser, bedside table, glider, stroller and infant carrier. Only the crib to go as far as big nursery items. Things are slow but moving along. Hoping to get painting done and new windows installed in the next few weeks. We have 100 yr old house. :thumbup: But it's really starting to shape up! Can't believe only 1 month away from 3rd trimester!! Wow!!

Thanks for the tips on baths ladies.

Tymeg and Astraloree, sounds like you've both had rough weeks. I hope next week brings better things for you both.

My Granny-in-law looked at my bump 2 days ago and said 'Have everything ready by 7 months, you better get on with it, you still have a lot to do.' The usual me would brush this off, but I have been feeling a lot of anxiety since about almost being third tri and not having enough done. I don't think I'll ever feel 'prepared'. I'm delighted to be having a baby, but I'm kind of scared now too! I'm feeling very vulnerable, and as my bump gets bigger, I'm starting to feel afraid of labour. It never phased me before, but it's starting to get to me.

I start hypnobirthing classes on Tuesday so I really hope they will do a lot to help me feel more positive about it all!

Morning ladies!!!

Sorry you came down with that bug, astra. My little guy spent the evening puking so now I'm on laundry control all day today. Still dreading having to scrub macaroni out of the carpet later.

Not sure if it was a bug or concussion, but he seems to be doing alright now. He fell on Thursday at school and hit his head on the pavement and ended up with stitches.

Callypygous, get what you can but don't panic if you don't have it all. You'll find that you'll "be prepared" and after baby comes, you'll realize there is something you need anyway, but it's not hard to get that stuff after baby either.

V-Day for me today!!! Can't believe I'll be hitting double digits and third tri soon.

Morning ladies!!!

Sorry you came down with that bug, astra. My little guy spent the evening puking so now I'm on laundry control all day today. Still dreading having to scrub macaroni out of the carpet later.

Not sure if it was a bug or concussion, but he seems to be doing alright now. He fell on Thursday at school and hit his head on the pavement and ended up with stitches.

Callypygous, get what you can but don't panic if you don't have it all. You'll find that you'll "be prepared" and after baby comes, you'll realize there is something you need anyway, but it's not hard to get that stuff after baby either.

V-Day for me today!!! Can't believe I'll be hitting double digits and third tri soon.

Congrats on V-day Brandi!:hugs:

How are we doing on the bump front ladies? I feel HUGE!

Attachments

• P1010123web - 26 weeks.jpg
    P1010123web - 26 weeks.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back