July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Look for classes geared towards breathing and natural births. The one I went to was through the health unit and was very pro-drug, pro-c-section. Maybe even look into a prenatal yoga class and ask the other members for recommendations.

I'm back to the drawing board for names again. Guess I'm not as in love with the name Kesler as I thought I was.

Glad he's ok Brandi, think I'll be ringing the on call mw this morning - monkey has been v quiet overnight. I'm sure he's just turned backwards but he's usually SO strong.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I've read that movements can feel less strong as the baby gets bigger and the amount of amniotic fluid decreases. I hope everything is ok xx

Its ok I've managed to turn him again and he's back to normal. DS1 did the same move but a couple of weeks earlier. I checked the RCOG guidelines this morning and even if I called the mw they wouldn't put him on a trace til 28w anyway.

Panic over :)

Hope you're ok Frustrated and have had no more drama :hugs:

I have just started hypnobirthing classes which a couple of friends highly recommended. It's been difficult as someone who always questions things to leave my assumptions at the door, but it works for a lot of people so I am persevering. Anything that helps me towards minimal intervention is worth it in my opinion. Then again, I have grown up listening to all of my Mother's horror stories about her 24 hour labour with me where they tried absolutely every possible intervention and it was incredibly traumatic for her. The next two she had just on gas and air and had a much better experience as well as a speedier recovery. She put a lot of it down to breathing.

Have to admit, when I was given a couple of ribbons as an 'anchor' to think about my uterus, I did cringe a bit. But the over all message of hypnobirthing is a strong and valid one. Even if it helps me through the first few hours, and to have a better sense of calm on the day - then it will be money well spent in my opinion.

PS In third tri now, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!

Cally we did hypno the first time. Possibly a mistake with my husband, who couldn't handle the self hypnosis, BUT the breathing and the real understanding of how your uterus works was crucial. my body pushed DS1 out in the sac and it was pressure not pain :) (Dilation still hurt like a bitch though - i think its because i panicked because tightenings were 2 mins apart but hosp wouldnt let me go in!)

Glad you got him turned and moving again, Tulip!

YAY for 3rd tri callypygous!!!

Really, I believe that labour comes down to breathing. All I heard were horror stories for my oldest so BEGGED for the epidural at transition with her because everyone said it was just going to get worse and I wouldn't be able to do it. I wouldn't breathe through anything, and ended up with a traumatic birth and recovery.

My second, I knew to rock back and forth but swore I wasn't getting that epidural. Still, despite the breathing, I panicked at 7cm and begged for it still expecting the worst. Thankfully, the anethetist didn't make it, so I was able to delivery without the epidural.

By number 3, I had the perfect labour and delivery. I knew to rock, I knew to breathe, I knew I could do it without the epidural. Breathing and rocking and keeping focused made my labour with her the least painful and the quickest.

I'm sooooo looking forward to doing it again.

I'm having similar issues with my DH Tulip. I have told him he needs to be more open minded when it comes to the classes, because if he can't support the ideas, then he can't support me and I may as well go with someone else.

We'll see how it goes when I go back on Tuesday, but even he admitted it's all a waste of time if he doesn't support me so he's going to try to avoid smirking/being a smart arse!

Yes it was the smirking and the smart arse comments that did it for me too :rofl: Still very worthwhile though, the actual self hypnosis formed a tiny part of our course x

I'm convinced Freckle is not going to have a name by the time he is born. I still like Kesler, but I think it's off the table. I'm not one to name my kids after family members and seriously regret allowing my ex husband is pressure me into giving my grandmother's name as my daughter's name, but I'm considering it now. Unfortunately, neither of my Kesler combo's sound great with my grandfather's name.

This baby may be the last great-grandchild my grandfather gets to meet. He's not doing well, having been declining in health over the last year. He was so excited when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter because she was due a week before his birthday and went over, and I was supposed to be induced on his birthday, but ended up having her the day before.

Now I have my mom heavily suggesting that I give Freckle his name as a middle name, with "I wish I had given the boys his name" and "He'll be so honoured. You know he doesn't have any boys to carry on the family name, after all" ,and I grew up really close to my grandfather (was the ONLY granddaughter until I was 18), so part of me wants to honour him, but the other part of me does not want to allow someone to pressure me into naming my child after a family member. And maybe it's because my grandfather's name is so "old" that you would NEVER find it on a child today, and so a young and cute name with an old-fashioned middle name just doesn't fit. My grandmother's name is Maria, so when I name my daughter Anberlin Maria Kate over Anberlin Olivia Blaire, it still worked.

So I'm thoroughly convinced Freckle's going to come out without a name, and possibly not be named at all for a while, lmao. Think he'll like being called Freckle for a bit?

I'm seriously in love with Levi Rowan James now, but considering dropping the James and changing it to Manuel (Man-Well) after my grandfather. Also still loving Gabriel Elliott Reid...but now being told too that Elliott Reid is a family actor from the 50's and 60's, and also the name of a ditzy character off a television show, lmao.

I don't ever remember baby naming being this hard.

Haha Tulip, glad to know my DH isn't the only troublesome one!

Brandi I feel your pain. My family have also been putting pressure on me to use 'family' names, if not as a first name, at least as a second name. I looked at all the girls names and I didn't like any of them - they are too old fashioned. My Grandma disliked her name so much that she changed hers, as did my other Granny so it would be absurd to use their names. My Mum always moans about her name, so I have to look generations back!

For boys names it's not so difficult. I will be using James, my Father's name, as the middle name. The two go well together, and to be honest even if they didn't I would still use it as a middle name is so rarely used and I'm not too bothered if it sounds a little odd. I am incredibly close to my Dad and can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out. I don't think my son will begrudge me, and hopefully will like that there is meaning behind his choice of middle name.

As for girls names, I was open and honest about my feelings and told my parents I was already in love with a couple of names, which I felt the rest of the women in the family would love too. They respected my decision. (After all, it's not like I was named after a family member so it would be hypocritical to object). When I told them the names I was thinking of they loved them too, and I know my Grandma will just be thrilled to be able to meet her Great Grandchild - that will be enough for her. And to see everybody's smiles. I'm sure it's the same for your Grandfather. Do what feels right for you, your family will be happy as long as you are too!

I love Gabriel Elliot, brandi so sweet! I'm also considering using my grandfathers middle name which is Arnell but totally stuck on first names so think this little boy will be without a name too. Good luck on choosing that perfect name

Gabriel Elliott Reid is a lovely name Brandi :thumb up:

Am feeling very pleased as I've finally decided upon and ordered our pushchair/travel system. We went with the Jane Trider Extreme Matrix Light System, which is a pushchair and carry cot which can either be used as a lay flat car seat or a seated car seat, so you only need two bits rather than three. Just need to make a choice re bedroom furniture now and find someone who will actually deliver from the UK to the Channel Islands!

Names are hard :( Elliott Reid is the blonde female doctor from scrubs which is quite a popular tv show so you may get quite a few comments about that. I actually think the name Manuel goes well with the other two names you've picked?

I'd love to honour my grandad in some way with Violets name, as he passed away today and won't get to meet her. I can't think of any feminine versions of Peter or William that I like though :s xxx

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, Sun Flower. I like Violet Willow...not exactly William, but still has the Will in there.

I think James is a timeless name and fits on both a child and a grown man. It's one of those names that grows with people, callypygous. Same with Arnell, Isaac. I've never heard it before, but it gives me the image of fitting both a child and a grown man.

I love Gabriel Elliott Reid too, but was unaware until yesterday about the ditzy character in Scrubs. I also ended up finding out that Elliott Reid was a high-profile actor in the 50's and 60's, and he passed away last summer.

I'm finding now that my mom saw the name list and saw that I had Manuel on the list, it's all guilt trip and pressure to do it. She won't shut up about how much she wishes she would have done it, honoured her dad with her boys, and "He might be the last great-grandchild he gets to see", and "He would love that. Don't you think he'd love that? That'd be a disgrace to throw out the consideration and then not use it".

I finally snapped on her last night after she kept texting me ideas on how to include both my stepdad and my grandfather and told her to quit with the guilt trips, pressure and suggestions cuz it's just going to turn me away from it. I don't want to do it because she told me to, and I don't appreciate being guilt tripped into it. Finished by saying that even if I don't, it does not mean I love either of them any less. Haven't heard from her since.

I think Freckle is going to be the first baby of mine who will be born without a set name. I think I'll be going in with two or three and whichever one he looks like most will be the one he gets. As of now, the three front runners are Kesler Benjamin Silas, Gabriel Elliott Reid, and Levi Rowan James.

I love all 3 names Brandi...

Sun_flower, Im so so sorry for loss.... :-(

I'd love to honour my grand mother but her name very modern " edith" .. Lol I don't tell family the name I've already got in trouble because my daughter has oh's surname either way from now on its just me n my oh's choice that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->