July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Exactly Charlie! They'll all have names by the time they reach Kindergarten, anyway.

I really love Ophelia. I wouldn't let anyone put you off it if you like it Charlie. Personally I think it's best not to tell anyone you know your chosen name until after the baby is born. That makes it more difficult for them to say they don't like it! I've refused to tell my mum our name choices, much to her annoyance.

I doubt you will like these names, but other names that I like that are similar to Ophelia and that I really like are Octavia, Ottilie, or, perhaps my favourite of the three, Persephone. We are keeping our chosen girl's name a top secret though in case we are ever lucky enough to have a little girl :blush:

Lovely to hear all the names, we still haven't got any!
I had a 4d scan today and got to see my wee girl looking cute. Definitely helped me bond as I have been having issues with that this pregnancy

Oh! Do you have pics? Would LOVE to see! My 3d ultrasound is on the 15th

Hi I'm new to the site... I wish I had found it months ago.

I am due with a boy on July 30th, we did IVF so we know the date is right however the baby is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead yikes!

Picking a name is a tough one, I have a suggestion for those who want to use a family members name but you don't like the name. My dad's name was Euclide and he hated it and made all of us promise never to name our children after him. I chose to use the initial that way he is still apart of my son without weighing my son down with an old fashion name. My son's name ended up being Nehemyah E. C. (Both grandpa's names)

I was no longer with his dad by the time he was born but I ended up adding his dad's last name and hyphenated my sons last name out of respect for his dad's parents. I didn't want my son to feel apart from either family.

Tymeg the thing is I haven't done research lol it was my colleagues n family that freaked out wen I sed my daughter will have his surname .. Then I got the speech about how he wud have more rights either way lol I know we wud b equal :) ..

I see the common thought is with names lol we keep thinkin of one it sticks for a week n then we change our minds again .. I think we plan on choosin name wen she is born .. Just feels right ..
Some of the names : Tiffany, Courtney, kelsey, Emily, Chelsea, Natasha, minaé (mi -nay), Candice lol still more to come

We still have 6 names to chose from although none of them really stand out for hubby apparently. If inspiration doesn't hit him I'll just pick from the.shortlist and that'll be done lol.
We also threw out Pandora a while a go due to tease risks.

Tymeg the thing is I haven't done research lol it was my colleagues n family that freaked out wen I sed my daughter will have his surname .. Then I got the speech about how he wud have more rights either way lol I know we wud b equal :) ..

I see the common thought is with names lol we keep thinkin of one it sticks for a week n then we change our minds again .. I think we plan on choosin name wen she is born .. Just feels right ..
Some of the names : Tiffany, Courtney, kelsey, Emily, Chelsea, Natasha, minaé (mi -nay), Candice lol still more to come

Moltal, I love Minae... :winkwink:

Hello ladies, hope you are all well!

Im in double digits!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Welcome to the group, Brass! I'll put you on the front page.

Congrats on double digits, tymeg!

I seriously hate finding a name this time around. But last night while lying in bed, I very strongly felt like it was going to end up coming down to Gabriel or Levi and that Kesler is out. My 3D ultrasound is next week so maybe I'll have a better idea then. The only other thing that would really hold me back from Gabriel is that my son, Isaiah, has another Isaiah in his class, whose older brother was in my son's class last year, and his name is Gabriel...so although both sets of Isaiah's and Gabriel's would be years apart grade wise, I just wouldn't want the impression going around that I copied them on purpose, when really, I've loved the name Gabriel since before my son started school..and actually when I started watching Good Luck Charlie.

Congrats on double digits tymeg!

On Monday I found out my iron is low so maybe that explains why I have been so tired! I also have a growth scan tomorrow so I hope the tech is better this time. My last one was very painful!

I need to book my 3D...I said I wouldn't have one done this time around because I thought I would be getting one more for 'free' at the doctors but that's not the case. I think I'm changing doctors so I can give birth at the birthing center instead of the hospital but I don't think she'll order an US just because I'm a new patient. DH wants to wait until 'later' to do it; last time we did it at 27 and 30 weeks because they had a BOGO special or something. Past that the lady said they start to get too squished up and you can't get a good picture.
I'm having issues eating carbs...I can't eat them, even in normal portions, without feeling like my ribs are going to crack open. I ate leftover pasta for breakfast this morning and am so uncomfortable now. I guess it's for the better; I'll eat healthier foods if I avoid pasta and bread for the rest of my pregnancy.

Krissie, my gynae also put me on iron tabs, but I havent been taking it, as it makes me feel sick, and constipated.

Don't wait too long, pooch. My two youngest kids were done at 28 weeks and my oldest at 32 weeks and the 32 week one was a lot less quality and less pictures and views than the 28 week ones. Also, drink 8 8oz glasses of water for two weeks prior to the 3D ultrasound. It increases the amniotic fluid and helps get better pictures.

My 3D ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday. I can't wait. Maybe that'll help me pick a name.

I've officially decided on having a home birth over a hospital birth. When weighing the pros and cons and the what ifs, it just makes more sense to stay home and birth, and if, on the rare chance something does go wrong, paramedic headquarters are on my street and the hospital is less than 5 minutes away. Midwife appointment tomorrow. Then another in 3 weeks and then I go every two weeks. It's getting so close!

I have my 4D on the 23rd, gynae check up on the 22nd, I cant wait Im so excited to see little madam......
She has really been kicking up a storm lately....

Easter weekend is coming up, so I will have a nice long weekend, on the 18th, go to the gynae on the 22nd, go to work after the appointment, and then Im taking the day off on 23rd, as my appointment is in the afternoon.

So I think I've officially picked out Freckle's first outfit. Unless I can find something hockey related, after he's cleaned up and we've bonded, we'll officially snuggle with him in this. It's so damn adorable!

Attachments

• 10172636_297474437075276_6862682802458241122_n.jpg
    10172636_297474437075276_6862682802458241122_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
Need to offload.

Had a driving lesson earlier on. I had to do a lot of reverse up hill parking maneuvers and after 30 minutes of non-stop clutch work my calves started cramping really badly. It was quite painful so I asked my driving instructor to drive the car back as they were so sore (I also woke up to leg cramps last night). Really hoping this doesn't happen on my test in two weeks time!

Anyhow, that aside, on the journey home a car cut across us on a roundabout and my driving instructor honked at the car and started screaming that if it had been a learner in the car and not him it could have caused the learner to fail. In a rage he then sped well over the speed limit round a corner in the center of town (with plenty of pedestrians around) to catch the car which he knew would be coming out onto the same road further along. Needless to say at those mad speeds he did catch up with him, and I saw it was a couple of OAPs in the car. Being belligerent, the car honked at us as we passed it. My driving instructor then slammed down the breaks and got out of the car shouting (with everyone watching) and proceeded to have a five minute rant at the car behind us. All I could hear was loads of swearing. He then got in the car and proceeded to shout for another ten minutes.

As he's an experienced driver the speeds didn't throw me about the place, but at the same time I was incredibly anxious that would he need to stop it could be dangerous for me. On top of that, as soon as he started shouting LO was kicking up a storm in my belly. When I finally got out the car to go home not only was Bean still squirming round like crazy at a time when he/she normally doesn't raise a peep, but I had pains in my stomach.

I'm probably being a naive FTM but I walked away so upset. I did say to the instructor that it wasn't good for my pregnancy. He said he was in control of the car and not to worry, and I said it wasn't his driving but his shouting that was causing a lot of kicking. He didn't seem to get it or see it as important.

I really want to do my test in 2 weeks but a large part of me doesn't want to get in a car with him again. I'm hoping it's just the hormones and I'll be able to see it more in perspective tomorrow. I can't help but feel v protective of my little bump. We've come a long way and I don't want a stupid man's temper to take that away from me. DH and I are v calm, and when we have a disagreement we are v conscious not to raise our voices - probably well beyond what's necessary. But it makes me doubly angry when someone brings their unwanted attitude into my life.

Rant over!

Oh, and unfortunately it's not like the UK. I'm not with a driving school, he's the only teacher and I have already paid him for my remaining ten lessons up front :(

I'll second not waiting too long for a 4D scan. I had mine at 32 weeks last time and while the pictures are special to us, they're not nearly as clear as some of the others I've seen done at an earlier gestation. Eden was just too chubby and squished down into my pelvis already. This time round I'm hoping for 28 weeks.

Cally try not to worry too much, although your driving instructor was in the wrong for being so irate with you in the car, baby was probably just responding to a new sound, not necessarily grasping that it was negative.*hugs* can't have been a nice experience for you though. I'd just put up with the guy for another couple of weeks, and then you'll pass and never have to see him again :) xxx

OMG! He shouldn't act that way AT ALL! I don't give a crap if he's an instructor and you "shouldn't worry". Even the most experienced drivers can get into an accident and his behaviour is completely unacceptable for a "professional".

Is there not a bigger company that he works for that you can report him too, or does he run his own business?

I booked my 3D ultrasound the same week I found out I was pregnant because the spaces fill up VERY fast here. It's insane.

I'll show you the difference between the 32 and 28 week ones. Also, for the 32 week one, I thought they were only joking about the 8 glasses of water thing. You can see the difference in the quality of the pictures and how more amniotic fluid brightens the picture. The first two pics are my 32 week ultrasound with my oldest, the second two are at 28 weeks with my younger two. The labeled one is my son, the other is my daughter.

Attachments

• zoe3d1.jpg
    zoe3d1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
  • zoe3d2.jpg
    zoe3d2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 7
  • isaiah3d1.jpg
    isaiah3d1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
  • anberlin3d1.jpg
    anberlin3d1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8
Hehe I'm having my 3d/4d scan on Sunday! I'll be 27 +3 (they said it's best between 27 and 28 weeks) and I can't wait!

I hope it goes well, there not cheap are they!

Would u say it's worth buying the memory stick with all the pics on? It's £15 extra

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->