July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Booked my 3D/4D scan for the 26th which is going to cost $195 for DVD of full session (20-25mins), disk of all photos, 9 printed colour photos and some extras- choice of photo frame, photo book, maternity or newborn shoot. Also get to take 10 people in with me so will be my DH, in laws, mum and 5 sisters=9 if they all come. Planning to have the DVD playing at the baby shower.

Pooch, I'm also on my last day of 2nd tri! It's an awesome feeling, moving into 3rd tri with a healthy bub!

As for vaccines, I'll stay out of that one. It really bothers me when people assume that everyone who doesn't vaccinate their kids is afraid of autism or some stupid crap like that. I don't vaccinate for good reason, but appreciate those who do. But I like it here and I like everyone else so I'll stay out of that one.

Sorry Brandi I didn't mean to be offensive! This forum is meant to build each other up not break each other down and now rereading my post I can see how I could have come across a bit too harsh... My bad.

My assumption is not that everyone is avoiding vaccines because of autism. There is a lot of misinformation out there about vaccines and celebrities and the media are publicizing it and making it worse. A lot of the information that vaccines are bad is not rooted in facts or science. But, as you say, people have legitimate reasons for not vaccinating. For example, there are kids with immune issues that simply can't be vaccinated. The rest of us who can be vaccinated create an effect called herd immunity. If most are vaccinated then infections are less likely to spread. For years the young, old and sick relied on this. Now it is totally unreliable because too many are not vaccinating. Thus, my anger is more towards the misguided individuals who still refuse to vaccinate when clear scientific fact is explained to them, and they refuse to listen. I live in an area of the US where there were multiple whooping cough outbreaks last year. Remember that whopping Cough was extremely rare before the anti vaccination movement. I am seriously scared to bring my child to public places for the first 3 months, especially with my baby being very little in the fall.

So, sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to. Hopefully the further explanation helps. I am not you and don't know you or your kids unique situation. I just hope I can help those in this forum who want information on the recommended vaccines.

i love reading all your posts and knowing what's going on in all your pregnancies.
it's so nice to know there are other women going through similar things. :)
i'm 25 weeks now.
here's my bump. :)
sending you all love, good vibes, and the best of wishes.
xx

10173574_523275601116842_82805593_n.jpg

Lovely bump mama!

My growth scan went well. The doctor told me he was a good size. According to thr fetal growth chart he is big but if they aren't concerned I will try not to be.

No worries BabyDoll. I know you didn't mean to offend.

I can't vaccinate because of my oldest daughter's disabilities. Her brain stopped growing the same we she had her first vaccine and experienced regressions and severe reactions with each vaccine after. We've since found that she has a neurometabolic disease, and because she was born perfectly healthy and "normal" with a proper head circumference, and the disease didn't present itself until the same week of the vaccine, the theory is that she had an underlying condition that was activated by a trigger. Unfortunately, we don't know what her condition actually is, so until we know what it is, we can't test my other two kids, who are not vaccinated, to try and see if the condition is underlying in them as well, or if they are carriers. Once we determine what she has, we can test them and if they don't carry it, then we can proceed with vaccines, otherwise we risk inducing a life-threatening/shortening condition in two perfectly healthy children. Her doctors have advised us not to take that risk.

So I truly appreciate those who do vaccinate to help protect my kids, and it's been very difficult for me to resist getting the MMR over the last few weeks. There's a measles outbreak an hour from us, and a case 45 minutes away. If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't consider it, but I know if one of them happens to get it and I get exposed, it poses HUGE risks to the baby.

I'm definitely in the in favour of vaccine camp and completely understand that some people can't vaccinate. I think the biggest problem is the internet scaring those that can't understand what they're reading. My friend works in a company developing vaccines so I'm grateful to be more educated than most.
On a side note, my arm flipping kills! I couldn't drive today because it's so sensitive, I'm glad this injection lasts 10 years!

Brandi,

My heart really goes out to you
You have been through so much, I dont think I would be able to handle everything you have been through without loosing my marbles.

I am very blond when it comes to vaccines etc, this is my 1st baba, and I dont know what to expect etc.

Lovely bump pic Mama,

And congrats to those going into 3rd tri tomorrow.... Yay, Im a week behind you all....

Just had my 24 week apt. everything looks good!

My Ob-Gyn's office is a group practice so they alternate you with all the doctors because they do not know who will be on call the day your baby is born. So today it was my turn with the Ob who is also my neighbor so I asked for an extra ultrasound just so I can see her again and he agreed. I go in next week, so excited! :happydance: I have my 3d scan May 24th!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

OK, completely freaking out,
I went to the toilet at work, and this guy comes up to me, and asks how far are you? I say I will be 7 months in 2 weeks,
He turns around and says you are carrying very big and very low, and I am telling you that you will have your baby by 8 months if not sooner,
OK I am completely bladdy freaked out now,
He was so convincing...

Wtf what a random thing to say to a pregnant woman!!! Take no notice, he was probably just being weird. If it makes you feel any better I was born 4 weeks early 28 years ago and I had no issues apart from a tiny bit of jaundice. *hugs* xxx

Edit - Also, I never know how to work pregnancy out in months. Obviously if you go by weeks then you're pregnant for ten months, and I know they work out the months part differently but I never know how, lol

Yeah I also dont know how to work it out, LOL
I just figured 28 weeks is 7 months, you pregnant for 40 weeks / 9 months, I dont think you actually count the 1st 2 weeks, but hey I could be wrong, because that is when the sperm fertilizes with the egg and all that.

But yes so damn random I cant wait to go for my check up now, because I am so scared now, damn idiot!

I wouldn't put much thought into it. Everyone's told me I'm going to have early arrivals with all of mine and all were on time. You can never predict your baby's arrival by your belly size.

Every pregnancy chart is different depending on whether they include weeks 41 and 42 in month nine, but the general concensus is month 8 is weeks 31-35. Still don't put much thought into his words.

I had a dream last night about suing my ex. I was meeting with a lawyer and I had Freckle already. In the dream, he was a week old, tiny, had thick dark hair and big eyes. He was wearing his baseball sleeper and was a quiet baby, very content. His name was Gabriel in the dream.

I think that dream might be trying to tell me something.

I've been told the opposite - that I look very small for 27 weeks. Am a bit worried the baby may be undersized. My fundal measurement was 24cm at 26 weeks. Presumably the measurement is affected by how big your stomach was before you were pregnant though? My bump has certainly not advanced that much above my belly button. I would say it is about 2-3 inches above (the whole area looks a different colour to the rest of my body at times so provides a good guide to where the uterus is for me!). I've got an appointment with my midwife on Thursday at 28 weeks so will be measured again then. I wouldn't be surprised if i get sent for a growth scan though.

Yay brandi for double digits.
what is fundamental height?
My hubby says I shouldve told the man off. And tell him I did not want his unsolicited advice.
its so hot today 40 degrees with not a breeze. Gave the dogs some nice ice cold water from the fridge. Winter can really come now I hate the heat.

Oh god, winter can stay the hell away from here, lmao. We just had a 6 month long winter with -45 degree temperatures and HUGE amounts of snow.

Today is 18C, tomorrow and Monday will be 23C...Tuesday will be -5 with snow. WTH?!

Fundal height is how big your uterus measures. It should correspond in centimetres with how far along you are, so 26cm at 26 weeks.

Did u see I said fundamental instead of fundal lmao.. its the heat.
I wish it snowed by us. The lowest temp I think we experienced is 4degrees.
other than that we experience more thunder storms and have more floods.

Congrats on double digits Brandi.

I am so glad winter is gone here. We have flowers and budding trees! I like spring and fall but dread the extremes of summer and winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->