July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Ah brandi, now I really cant wait for mine.... :)

As for the unwanted advice, Ive been getting heaps and bounds of those, I take no note, my gynae told me flat out, if you have a problem you ask me.

There is 2 things you are not allowed to do while pregnant, bungy jumping and water skiing, otherwise you can do any and everything..... LOL

Brandi - Lovely pics! Shame baby wouldn't take his hands away from his face for a proper look but it's such a cute pose!

Thanks for all the info about movement ladies. I guess I could definitely say she never doesn't move within a few hours even if the movement is less obvious, there'll always be something. so maybe that's my touchpoint? If no mild movement for more than a few hours - do the orange juice/poking thing and if none then - go in. The midwife said the strength didn't matter, and while that seems counter intuitive to me i'll take her at her word. I've given away my doppler now so I won't be tempted to use it in lieu of going in if I am worried.

Thanks again girls! x

Hey ladies,

Hope you are all well.
Its the easter weekend here by us,
Good Friday tomorrow, i have my pickled fish and buns ready and now to make my seafood paella for lunch tomorrow afternoon,
Saturday IS BABY NURSERY SHOPPING DAY!!! I am so excited......
Tuesday is my check up, and Wednesday is my 4D scan and baby city is opening a new branch on Wednesday so after the scan we going to get the pram and car seat and some other things, baby City is like a walmart or target for babies.....

And im in the 3rd trimester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds super busy Tymeg but like a lot of fun. Congrats on third tri.

I had lots of fun yesterday with contractions / false labor. I had pain that woke me up randomly through the night and then started becoming more rhythmic by the time i got to work. They were coming every 3 minutes or so lasting for 30 seconds. I tried to brush it off and stay at work, but ended up calling my OB. They wanted me to come in and be checked. Fortunately I wasn't dilating at all when she checked so she told me all was well. Also I found out the babies head is right up against my cervix. The contractions did slow down significantly by the time i got to the doctors which was good. Kind of scary though... I wasn't so much a fan of the pain, so I'll see if I go through with my no epidural plan! Luckily today all seems calm.

I had lots of fun yesterday with contractions / false labor. I had pain that woke me up randomly through the night and then started becoming more rhythmic by the time i got to work. They were coming every 3 minutes or so lasting for 30 seconds. I tried to brush it off and stay at work, but ended up calling my OB. They wanted me to come in and be checked. Fortunately I wasn't dilating at all when she checked so she told me all was well. Also I found out the babies head is right up against my cervix. The contractions did slow down significantly by the time i got to the doctors which was good. Kind of scary though... I wasn't so much a fan of the pain, so I'll see if I go through with my no epidural plan! Luckily today all seems calm.

Oh no that's scary stuff! Glad all is well. I had the same only few weeks ago but carried on contracting for about 2 days altogether. I had my cervix checked also which was all good and fibronectin test to identify if I was about to go into labour within two weeks. It was negative thankgod! I had similar episodes when pregnant with ds and I made it to 38 weeks and he was perfect. They have diagnosed me with an irritable uterus and I remember when my ds went into head down position I also contracted for few days as it can trigger off an irritable uterus. Maybe you have one also? They told me to always always get it checked out though and although I'm kinda used to it not to ignore it as you just never can tell! I find a warm bath a few pints of water and paracetamol helps quite a bit!

That sounds frightening JulyBaby.

Lovely pics Brandi.

I had my 28 week midwife appointment today. Am measuring below the 10th percentile for fundal size according to my growth chart so I need a growth scan. The hospital refused to squeeze me in today or tomorrow and we're going away first thing on Saturday morning so I can't be scanned until Monday 28th. Not great. Am trying not to worry about it though as that won't help anything.

I hope things stay calm for you julybaby.

I spent all afternoon in l and d for reduced fetal movement. I had virtually not felt him for 24 hours and was having cramping. He is doing great and started moving once the monitor was put on. He was quite mad about it and kicked and kicked and then when they took it off he stopped. So they gave me an ultrasound and that was fme too. Now I am home and he is kicking up a storm so I am feeling much better.

Frustrated. Good that they're sending you for a scan! Do try not to worry though, I know how hard it is. I was so far behind on my fundal height it was ridiculous - 6cm, which would put me well below the 50th centile. Growth scan all fine and within a matter of a few weeks I was re-measured and all caught up. I hope it's the same for you. x

Thanks, Linny. In the grand scheme of things, and given everything else that has happened over the last two months, I'm not overly concerned about this. The most probable explanation will be lack of amniotic fluid as I am terrible about drinking fluids. I can quite easily go through the day only having three or four drinks including hot ones. I must try and get into the habit of drinking more. Will try and put it all out of my mind for the next ten days. JB has proved he's a little fighter. He can't help it if he's going to be a short arse like his Dad!

Have a lovely Easter everyone. I hope you are all doing something nice.

My growth scan put me exactly right where my fundal height is about a week - a week and a half ahead. I wouldn't worry too much :)

I'm terrible for drinking too although today I'm making a concious effort to have at least 4 pints of water. 3 down, 1 to go

For all those who cant remember to drink water, buy a new cute water bottle and carry it with you at all times. I drink TONS of water from the moment i get up (big glass of water while watching the news in my PJ's), coffee on the way to work, then 18oz from 8am-11am, 18oz at lunch, and another 18oz between 1pm and 3pm. I leave for my commute home around 430pm, so i have a lot of incentive to finish the afternoon water early so i can pee it all out before i get in the car! I then drink a big glass of water with dinner and usually that is the end of my drinking for the night. I pee like crazy at work all day, but it is what it is. :)

I bought some Pregnancy tea and will use the teabag at least twice (just because they are so expensive!) and it's a nice break from just a glass of water. I've also been having Sleepy Time tea at night, except last night and when i woke up this morning I was swollen...I didn't get up to pee as much but as long as I can fall back asleep I don't mind waking up. I also need to make some cucumber or strawberry water and put it in a pitcher in the fridge!
The weather is going to be nice here all weekend, my parents are coming in today and staying until tomorrow afternoon. BBQ'ing for dinner tonight, decorating Easter eggs and doing an egg hunt with my daughter in town tomorrow then we're going to a big brunch on Sunday at this animal safari place near us. I've had back pain in the past couple of days and want to do a lot more stuff but it hurts! I've been making my daughter nightgowns and sundresses...JoAnn Fabrics had cute patterns on sale for $4 a yard and I can make two dresses or a dress and a skirt out of that much. I made her a pink with big white polka dot one yesterday and she said she was Minnie Mouse. Quick, rewarding crafts that I can do when I wake up at 4am instead of eating and watching TV!

What part of NY State are you in Pooch? We spent some time driving from Niagara to New York City last September, spending about a week in the Finger Lakes area. It was so beautiful. Probably my best holiday ever. It also marked the start of our IVF journey - my first injection took place in a public car park in the back seat of our rental car in Canandaigua! I have a terrible phobia of needles, so OH had to do it. We must have looked like two junkies!

I managed to get through 6 pints of water yesterday so I was impressed. That's my new target :D
My bad news is I've developed piles :'( I will be going to Boots today to pick up some cream. Really hoping it will clear up soon.

What part of NY State are you in Pooch? We spent some time driving from Niagara to New York City last September, spending about a week in the Finger Lakes area. It was so beautiful. Probably my best holiday ever. It also marked the start of our IVF journey - my first injection took place in a public car park in the back seat of our rental car in Canandaigua! I have a terrible phobia of needles, so OH had to do it. We must have looked like two junkies!

We are 20 min south of Buffalo. We survived the harsh winter and its becoming a beautiful spring. Ny is really very beautiful. We want to start a family tradition of renting a camp for a week so all of our family can join and we were thinking the finger lakes would be a good centrally located area

I had a dream last night that i was going into labor but just felt like i had to poop and thr baby dropped into the toilet!

Just realized double digits!

Had an ultrasound yesterday and he stated that she will be a tall baby, which makes sense because DH is over 6'4 {I'm only about 5'7}. Can't believe how soon we'll have our peanuts in our arms. Hope everyone is doing well and has a Happy Easter!

Charlie, I have been suffering from piles, since I found out I was pregnant.
I go regular to the toilet and some days more than others, and I have a runny tummy at least once every 2 weeks, so that triggers my piles.
I use, witch hazel, which stings but it is very good.
The cream does not work as quick and as good i find over here.

So today I went nursery shopping.... I managed to get the cot, compactum, chest of draws and rocking chair and foot rest.

I also got the cot mobile.

The cot and chest of draws comes in a week.

The compactum and chair comes in 6 weeks.

I also bought the book shelves, which came on thursday, so now I just need to get the baskets to go in there.

Hubby needs to make the wood white of the day bed I bought....

Nursery is coming along nicely now.....

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"