July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Brandi - That's terrible! Fortunately it's very much BF-focused in the hospitals here . There are free BF workshops and you're taught how to do it and given support at home in the weeks following. Thank god

11 weeks to goooo! 9 weeks of work though, sadly. Think I'll pack at about 34-35w and do all the washing then too.

DS1 came out with the pox yesterday which is shocking timing as we fly in a week so I need him to scab quickly. Thankfully now I'm out of week 28 the risk to baby is minimal.

There is no risk to the baby as long as you have either gotten the chicken pox or have gotten the vaccine. I saw a patient the other day with measles (yes, the previously irradicated virus!) and got nervous for a few minutes. I knew theoretically since I have had the mmr vaccine it protects me and my baby, but I still had a freak out moment and had to research. I even asked a couple of my coworkers about this to make triple sure and they all agree that as long as mom is vaccinated or has had the virus the baby is not at risk!

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Is everyone else being offered/having the whooping cough vaccine?

I've got the whooping cough vaccine booked for next week :) x

Is everyone else being offered/having the whooping cough vaccine?

In the US the recommendation for the whooping cough vaccine (Tdap-tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) is to get it between 27-36 weeks during every pregnancy. I had to get mine at 26 weeks because I cut my finger open and needed stitches. Whoops!

i had the shot with my first two years ago.
i washed all of my NB and 0-3 month sized clothes yesterday and put them away in the baby's dresser...again I'm so glad I'm having another girl because i have SO MUCH stuff from my first and it all looks brand new. Everything is so tiny! My daughter wanted to try it all on and when i said it was too small she wanted to put them on her baby dolls instead. Hopefully she'll have as much fun dressing the baby as she does her dolls!

I've never been offered it in any of my pregnancies. This is honestly the first time ever I've heard of it being offered at all. But I did have one in 2010 before I started school (working with special needs) so I assume I'm protected anyway.

11 weeks to goooo! 9 weeks of work though, sadly. Think I'll pack at about 34-35w and do all the washing then too.

DS1 came out with the pox yesterday which is shocking timing as we fly in a week so I need him to scab quickly. Thankfully now I'm out of week 28 the risk to baby is minimal.

There is no risk to the baby as long as you have either gotten the chicken pox or have gotten the vaccine. I saw a patient the other day with measles (yes, the previously irradicated virus!) and got nervous for a few minutes. I knew theoretically since I have had the mmr vaccine it protects me and my baby, but I still had a freak out moment and had to research. I even asked a couple of my coworkers about this to make triple sure and they all agree that as long as mom is vaccinated or has had the virus the baby is not at risk!

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Thanks Linny but not really as my mum is unsure whether I had the virus as a child :-/ Which is why I'm currently sat in a&e while they argue with Maternity over who should take my blood to check for varicella immunity. GP sent me as the surgery is closed and obv I've been exposed for a couple of days before DS's spots showed so need to know asap.

A&E say they shouldn't take it, it's maternity's responsibility as they'll have to do any follow up

Maternity quite understandably don't want me in their building possibly infecting all the other immuno-compromised pregnant ladies.

This wouldn't normally be so rage-inducing except I gave blood for this exact testing 6 weeks ago (DS bestie came out in the spots 2 days after we spent the day together) and the sample somehow never made it to the lab.

RAGING. :grr:

Oh no Tulip! That sounds very frustrating. Hopefully you had it as a kid and you are immune.

If not, at least you are in the 3rd trimester. Much safer than the 1st. Even in the 1st and 2nd tri the rate of problems with the baby is only 0.4 - 2% IF you even contract the virus.

It would just be nice if you knew from your test 6 weeks ago!

4 hours in a&e. OMG. Yes, so frustrating because I know chances of not being immune are so low. Ah well, home now. Inhaled a big mac and off to bed.

Fingers' crossed that all is ok Tulip.

I'm not having the whooping cough vaccine as they haven't had any outbreaks of whopping cough in Jersey. I spoke with the doctor about it and she said it would only protect the baby for the eight week period until the baby has it's first vaccine in any event. I'd rather just stay out of mainland UK during that period (where there have been outbreaks) than have the vaccination. I imagine I would take a different course of action if I were in the UK. After all of the various genetic issues we have had I simply don't want to introduce anything else into my body at this point in time.

Tulip it sucks you had to go to a&e, when I was exposed (my mum couldn't remember if I'd had it either) they just tested the bloods I had taken at booking. Hooray for being immune though xx

I have to call for the results early next week because if not immune I'll need IG treatment before next weekend.

I honestly don't understand why they don't test for varicella immunity at booking if you have a young child at home who is likely to contract it during the pregnancy.

Frustrated, that makes absolute sense and is a big bonus of living on an island! Had my jab on Tuesday and only last night was i able to lie on my right arm again!

The whooping cough jab hurt like mad but spending so much time on public transport it was well worth it for peace of mind.
I've woken up today with awful pelvic pain :( any advice

My gynae said that we dont do the whooping cough injection here.
I also have pelvic pain since yesterday, getting in and out of the car is a real mission later.
I much prefer just being at home.

Are you using a support pillow Charlie? I use 3 pillows in one pillowcase on between my knees and everything since my pelvis hasn't been aching or anything! Due my whooping cough injection next week

I had been sleeping with a pillow between my legs but now I'm getting dizzy and short of breath if I sleep on either of my sides. I've been moving the pillow up and resting my belly on there and the relief of pressure seems to ease those symptoms. Pain in the ass, though, because it means every time I want to turn over, I have to adjust the pillow. I can't just roll over anymore. And the NO SLEEP BEGINS!!!

I find I get pelvic pain when he shifts to a head down position. At the moment he's turned back up sideways which has relieved the pressure on my pelvis. Not long before he's head down permanently I guess though!

We went to the annual Jersey boat show today. OH has wanted to do a course to learn how to sail for ages and we managed to get booked on to one. Only problem is that it involves spending three nights on board a small sailing boat about 4.5 weeks before I'm due. Am I mad to have agreed to go on this course?!

Another unexpected surprise today is that our pushchair company delivered a pushchair that they told me was permanently out of stock. The reason it was a surprise is that I'd cancelled my order for this particular one and they sent me one in a different colour last week. I now have two for the price of one, or could have. Now there's a moral dilemma for the weekend. Who would tell the manufacturer and who would wait to see if the manufacturer contacted them?! I am tempted to do the latter if I'm honest (or should I say not honest!)

Honestly I would wait till they contacted me.
Its not your mistake its theirs. Lol
just my opinion......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"