July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Wait til they contact you.

I kinda did the same thing recently, but not with something like a stroller. I went to a baby sale and they charged me twice for the same onesie ($7), but forgot to charge me for the $22 pair of overalls.

I didn't bother going back. Their mistake, and I don't mind the extra discount on an expensive pair of baby pants that he'll wear for only 3 months.

Am glad I'm not the only one who would be tempted. OH initially thought I should contact them, but know he's seen how nice it is he has suggested that if they do contact me I should ask them what price they are willing to sell it for given they will have to pay to have it collected and shipped back to Spain and that I have unwrapped it so presumably they can't sell it now.

Lol I'd totally wait for them to contact me! As long as you haven't been CHARGED for two? Xx

I hope not! I do need to log onto my online banking at some point this weekend to check though!

Helllo ms brandi
how you and baby doing?
I have been in bed all day. Not feeling to good. Getting dizzy spells and seeing stars. Argh
otherwise the weather has started to cool down and we had some lovely rain today.

Awwww, I hope you feel better! Take care of yourself and bubs!

I've been attempting to do a house purge this weekend, as it's my first kidless weekend in over a month. It's not gone well. Of 7 rooms I had on my list, in two days, I've gotten through two and a half, lol. But I got my bedroom moved around so that my bed is now on my half, and all of Gabe's things are on his half. Just have to set up the crib and paint his side and we're good to go.

Other than that, it's my baby girl's 3rd birthday today. She comes home from her dad's in 3 hours and then I'm taking her out for dinner.

It is very quiet on the thread this weekend!

I've been trying to make a start on the nursery. Have ripped out two built in cupboards and stripped the old wallpaper behind them ahead of a plasterer coming tomorrow to plaster the wall to which they were attached. Am still umming and ahhing over paint colours for the walls. I want to go for an aqua and grey/silver theme to which I can add some blue this time for JB and pink next time should we have a girl. Have been through loads of shades of aqua, but none seem quite right. Am also struggling to find any nice black out curtains or a wall sticker. I've got it in my head that I'd like a white tree for the wall sticker, but can't find anything suitable and am worried I might make the room look tacky. Still, I think I'm nearly ready to commit to a cot and chest of drawers so will (probably…) order that tomorrow.

OH is off to Edinburgh for work tomorrow for three nights so I will tag along and see if I can find anything a bit different in the shops there for the nursery. Also need to get a pregnancy bikini or swimsuit asap as we're off on our baby moon / early celebration for OH's 50th next Saturday and I've nought to wear by the pool!

Hello ladies :flower:

Here is my bump pic... :happydance:

yeah it was quiet in here the weekend,

Brandi Happy Bday to your little girl, hope you guys had a good time.

Frustrated, I really cant help in the swim suit line, I dont know when last I wore one, :haha:

Attachments

• Cape Town-20140503-00998.jpg
    Cape Town-20140503-00998.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Cape Town-20140503-00999.jpg
    Cape Town-20140503-00999.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6
I think I'm just going to get a normal bikini with big bottoms from Bravissimo and expose my tummy to the world! I'm not that big yet, so I'm sure I won't look too gross!

Have spent another 4 hours online looking at nursery furniture and am still no closer to making a choice. If it's the right size and shape, it's the wrong colour, if it's the right colour it doesn't have a suitable chest of drawers to go with it… Argh! Am getting really sick and tired of looking and not finding anything I like! If I could find a large wooden chest of drawers that I could paint to match a cot bed then I'd probably just do that. All of the matching chest of drawers in the ranges I like seem absolutely tiny.

This is what I went with,
The day bed, which is currently dark wood, my hubby will be making it white.

The rocking chair and foot rest is also white.

The book case behind the chest of draws, will have white baskets in there, and I am getting covers to put inside it.

The room is white, pink and grey,

I have a pink decal for the wall,

I got the winnie the pooh cot mobile. Which added just a pop of other colors.

And the bedding and curtains are all going to be pink and grey and white.

And the rug is grey.....:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• 20140430_201022.jpg
    20140430_201022.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140430_201036.jpg
    20140430_201036.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Solid-Wood-Compactum1-300x225.jpg
    Solid-Wood-Compactum1-300x225.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey ladies, I hope you're all doing well. I had a massive shock just over a week ago. My waters broke! I'm on bedrest now in hospital and this has been my first chance to get online. I'm not going to go into all the details, but if you're interested I've explained everything in my pregnancy journal which is linked in my signature. If anyone else has had preemies I'd love to hear from you. Fortunately Bean is still baking but I will need to be induced by 34/35 weeks - earlier if I get an infection. So this will be a May/June baby!
Now I have wifi I'll be keeping up with you all but I'm using a v old phone so it would take days to catch up on all the posts I've missed!
Happy to be back though, really value this community of positive supportive Mummys :)

OMG callypygous! Glad Bean is still hanging in there for you and I hope you can avoid any infections. Hope you can keep on baking as long as possible. You can stick around here though. You're still a Jelly Bean

Oh Cally, I am so sorry to hear this!!

I will say a little pray for you, and little bean, and that he/she will bake a little longer, and arrive safely at the birth weight you want.

I cant imagine, going through what you going through....

Cally, I'm so sorry to hear the news but it sounds like everything is being done to keep your baby safe and healthy!

So sorry Cally, sounds like bean is hanging on in there and not ready to meet the world just yet, so fingers crossed for you. My friend had pprom with triplets and gave birth to them at 30 weeks, they''re now gorgeous 5 month olds xx

So here's a situation that is odd but would love feedback.
A new birthing center opened here in Buffalo-they say it's the only other one outside of NYC. Other than this place you would either give birth in a hospital or at home. I didn't like the whole hospital thing and would love to avoid it if possible, so when I saw this place open up I was so excited! I did some research, talked with them over the phone and have an appointment on Wednesday to meet with the OBGYN to get answers to our questions (mostly what happens if something goes wrong). She's in-network and my insurance plan says it covers birthing centers 100% like they do with hospital births. You can have as many people there as you want (I really want my daughter to be there-I think I would cope better with birth if she's there and involved, somewhat) and you only stay 3-4 hours after birth then go home. No medical intervention, you can give birth in the birthing pool, etc. Opposite of the hospitals here.
So the issue is this place is in the same office and is run by the same doctor who runs an abortion clinic. Separate space, obv, because this place has a bedroom, bathroom with birthing tub, etc. but it's been on the news and in magazines promoting the fact that they do both. My husband is pro-life, I'm pro-choice and while I'm not looking for a discussion on which is right I don't think DH is going to be able to get past that fact. He says he doesn't want to promote it. He's willing to go and meet with the doctor but i'm losing hope really quickly that he'll agree to letting me switch doctors. And while I wish I could just do it without his blessing I don't want to cause WW3. I'm obv not going there for anything but OBGYN care and to give birth in the birthing center.
If anyone is uncomfortable with me discussing this I will delete my post. I just don't know how to convince him to see past their other services to allow me to have a more pleasant birthing experience than my first.

Callypygous,

Glad the little peanut is staying put! Sounds like they are doing what it takes to keep your little one safe.:hugs:

Thanks for the encouraging words. It has been such a shock. I keep on wishing I'll wake up from this, but you just have to soldier on and keep positive. I'll keep you all up to date :)

Oh my God, Callypygous I'm shocked to read your post! You must have been really freaked out when it happened. Here's hoping that you can hang on for a few more weeks. You must be bored stupid in hospital though.

Tymeg - cute nursery items. I really must get my arse in gear and order something.

Pooch - I don't think there is anything wrong with your post. Whilst we are all desperately trying to have and hang on to our babies you never know the circumstances that other woman face. There but for the grace of god go I and all that. I hope you husband will support you if you think it's the best place to have the baby. You're the one that is about to give birth and you should be allowed to do that wherever you feel most comfortable. What's best for you will no doubt also be best for the baby. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->