July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Cally - Good luck love! Hope your little babe gets to hang on longer but it's so great they're looking after you. Babies do brilliantly after 30 weeks as preemies from what i've heard as their lungs/eyes/everything really are so much more mature than before then. But the fact they reckon you can go till 35 weeks is great. Good luck! x

Pooch - It's a tough call, i'm personally pro-choice so like you would be fine with using the same facilities - but I suspect anyone who's pro-life would have some problems with a clinic like that. Perhaps if you could find out whether the two clinics are distinct financial entities it might help? That way at least your husband would know that nothing you pay towards the birth has anything to do with the other clinic. I think it's a good sign that he's willing to meet the doctor....that shows at least some desire to compromise. Good luck! x

Linny-GREAT point. I will do my research or ask the doctor when we meet with her.

Oh cally Hun I'll be praying for you and your little one.
I have done tons of research on babies born between 30-37 weeks due to going thru this myself. Everyday we keep our little ones in baking is 2 less days in the NICU. The steroids they can give now are so advanced on vamping up our little ones lungs too. I have read amazing stories of babies born at 35weeks and never needing to go to the NICU or being there for only a few days. Keep your head up and try and stay calm. Sounds like your in great hands.

AFM I was back in L&D Sunday due to spotting. I am now dialated to a 2. Thinning and effaced. They didn't say exactly how much and that my doctor would discuss with me tomorrow :nope: and I'm leaking fluid slowly. Put on more meds and strict bed rest. Baby has been head down since 27weeks and he is making his descend which I can feel daily :wacko:

A lot of action going on in here lately!

Cally- I am glad you are keeping bubs right now and I will pray for you guys to stay awhile longer.

Pooch- I do home DH can come around if the birthing center is truly what you want/need for your delivery.

JackJack- I am glad bubs is still sticking around and will stay a little longer.

Afm- Not much going on here. I am nesting and all I am doing is cleaning and sorting baby stuff. I am desperate to get the nursery figured out and the rest of our stuff purchased. I am thinking next weekend we will have to go shopping so I can work on it all.

Glad the little man is still baking, JackJack!

Finally filed for divorce today. Been separated for 26 months. My ex and I went to the courthouse and filed jointly. We should be divorced within the next 6 months.

Fingers crossed and good thoughts for keeping your babes put for a while longer, Cally and JackJack!!

However, on that same note, my good friend just had her twins at 31 weeks and they are doing brilliantly!! I have no doubt it will be the same for you guys!!

Cally, posted in your journal :hugs: thinking of both you and Jackjack.

All quiet here too, though we went geocaching yesterday (DS1 has pox, so we're avoiding people) and it was a huge hill. My hips are not thanking me now, that was the most painful night ever!

Need to call docs today to see if my Varicella immunity results are in.

Cally and jackjack I hope your little ones keep baking but if they can't wait to meet you I hope they're happy and healthy despite being early.

Pooch - personally I think your husband should but your needs before beliefs but I've always been very pro-choice so it'd be difficult for me to know he feels. Also I believe in the UK all things are dealt with in general hospitals covered by national health so it would be unavoidable for most people. I don't know that for a fact though. As others have said, perhaps if your husband can see the place and know they're different entities he may be more supportive.

Afm - busy bank holiday weekend, laid up on the sofa on Saturday with abdominal pains, craft fair on Sunday and then gardening and housework yesterday. Work today then the rest of the week off, yey!

Thanks everyone. Jackjack, how far along are you now? Are you on bedrest in hospital or at home? I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending you a virtual hug. I hope your Doc has some positive news for you today.

Pooch, I agree it already sounds like your husband is willing to compromise otherwise he wouldn't go to the meeting. Let us know how it goes!

Brandy, I hope the divorce proceedings go fast and smooth for you.

Ah Brandi,

I can only imagine how you must be feeling,

Here is to new beginnings, Big Hug....

Honestly, not so great about it. I know it's the best thing, but so not ready for it.

Brandi,

Only you know what is best for you and your kids, only you can make that decision.
My heart aches for what you going through,

I have not personally gone through it, but my eldest brother has, and my mom and dad will soon be going through it after 47 years of marriage.

Everyone's situation is unique, and if you ever need someone to speak to, Im sure we are all here for you OK.... :)

This forum as become such a release for me.... And really helps when you can put down in writing what you are feeling....

You just need to hold your head up high, and walk tall, and try and be strong for them babies.....

You never know what the future holds for you, and you will never know if you dont go out there and try it out and see what is out there for you.

He can be an a-hole sometimes, but I still care deeply for him and yes, I still love him. I don't want to go back to him, but I'm not ready to let go of him either. It's really confusing. This is just the beginning of the end and feels like a death.

We're getting along, I think we will be able to stay friends (we're already FWBs) and do things together with the kids, so it's not like I'm losing him completely...just hard to let go of the marriage and my beliefs, I guess. I came from a divorced family and never wanted that for my kids. I wanted a marriage like my grandparents...52 years this year. I believe in marriage and took my vows seriously. I don't believe in divorce, but I know it's for the best. And the thought of him being with someone else kills me inside too, because right now, even though we've been apart for two years, we've never really "been apart" and he's still MY HUSBAND (legally speaking).

Otherwise, I need to leave News and Debates. People are just completely irrational and disgusting with their opinions. I've kept cool til now, but feel like if I don't get out now, I'm going to snap. People can have their opinions and choices on controversial topics, but I really don't tolerate someone saying another parent is abusive and wrong, or that a child and their body is less than perfect because of a choice the parent made in the child's best interest because it doesn't match YOUR opinion and choice.

How does your hubby feel about this pregnancy though?

He wants nothing to do with the baby, and that's fine with me. I told him I don't want him to be this baby's dad and I'm okay raising him alone. I didn't want him involved and didn't get pregnant with the intention of having him come back and being the baby's dad. I got pregnant on my own because I wanted another baby, with or without a man. I have stage 3 endometriosis so I know my baby time is limited and I didn't want to wait to complete my family. I did artificial insemination with donor sperm, as I did with my youngest daughter. We were separated in 2010 when I got pregnant with her via AI with donor sperm. He was never supposed to be her dad either, but he wanted to be and has raised her as his. We got back together when I was 7 months pregnant with her. He's on her birth certificate as her dad, but biologically, her father is the same donor as with this baby.

Oh WOW, so your 2 oldest is from hubby, and the 2 youngest from the donor.

That is amazing. I wish I had your courage, I dont think I would be able to do that on my own.

This just goes to show what a strong woman you are.

So you might be feeling down at the moment, but I have every faith that you will get through this.

I guess what you feeling is completely natural, and there will be much more days like this, you just have to remember why you are going through this and why you are doing this,

And I just skimmed through your last debate, and I too believe, its a mother and father's choice whether they want their sons circumcised, people should not judge in any way shape and form.

Brandi - I'm sorry you are going through such an emotional time at the moment :flower: hope things improve somewhat for you in time, no separation/divorce is easy whether it is wanted or not :hugs:

Thank you for the support, ladies! I know in the end everything will be okay and I'll overcome it. Just gonna take time.

Hugs brandi sounds like a horrible time for you! But hey your new baby boy arriving will sopn absorb all that negative stress

Hi Brandi!

Sounds like you have a lot going, just take it easy. I know its hard but it'll all be OK in the end. Lots of hugs to you and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->