July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

I am doing okay. I noticed some crazy swelling in my legs and ankles in thr last couple days and resting isn't having muchf an impact. I have a doctors appt on Tuesday so hopefully I don't have any protein.

In good news I was offered a full paid internship near my mom zo we know where we are moving and can start planning to do that once Christan gets here.
I havnt had terrible swelling, but this is the FIRST swelling ive had in my feet. I have slight cankles. ugh...not cute. They are better than they were this morning though. Flushing my body with TONS of water today to help.

Seems crazy but I just realised how close I'm getting to the labour part. I'm 34 weeks on Thursday which means I'm only 3 weeks and 2 days off full term. No indication she's going to come early but still a scary prospect. I feel like I'm still coming to terms with being pregnant. At least I only have 5 days left at work and then I can focus on getting all the housework done etc in preparation.

I also noticed last night, that I have cankles :-(
I hate it!!! My feet were extra swollen last night......

I keep thinking I'm going to go early, too, and my daughter's sitter said this morning that she had a dream I went into labor. Obv I don't want to put the baby in danger but I really don't see how (mentally) I'll be able to deal another 2 months!! I'm sure I felt this way the first time around, too, but I'm over it.

It's funny because I envy your cankles and pregnancy discomforts. I would happily take them all on over the prospect of being separated from my LO at birth for a stay in NICU.

I thought I was up to staying on this board, but I think my pregnancy has taken such a turn that perhaps it's not best anymore. Watching women on a daily basis desperately clinging on to each day to keep on baking their LO to avoid a lengthy NICU stay really puts a lot of other trivialities into perspective, but I'm v glad that none of you are having to experience this.

I wish I could be enjoying the little quirks alongside you all. I think you're all lovely ladies and I wish you all the best with your pregnancy journeys xxx

Ah Cally, Im really sorry you are going through all this,
I know little one will be just fine, you have to be strong and keep the faith.
I will say a little prayer for you.

I'm sorry, Cally. It must be hard on you. Your baby has been doing good for this long. Fingers crossed, he/she will continue doing good

pooch, how early do you think you are going to go into labor? I keep feeling the same way but nothing has happened so far that should fuel this belief of mine. :/

I want this baby to come out but at the same time I dont want the baby to come out too soon. My parents will be in town on the 6th of July for my delivery to help out with my 3 and 4 year old daughters and I really dont want to go into labor before they get here.

Cally - So sorry... I can understand why you might feel like this isn't really a thread which can really support you atm. I'm sure there is an NICU board on these forums - that might be really helpful for advice/sharing concerns? But in any case, please let us know how your LO is doing when they're born - it's not long now is it? x

I'm sorry I think after almost four weeks of bedrest it's all getting to me. I've suffered with depression in the past and I think it's trying to rear it's ugly head. I'm just mourning the pregnancy and natural birth I so wanted. Even sad about silly things like missing out on a baby shower.

Just spent a bit of time with DH who really cheered me up and I felt terrible to come back onto the board after typing such an honest message. I was doing my best up until then to surpress those feelings as they help no one. I'll be a bit quiet but I'll still follow you all and look forward to lots of pictures of gorgeous newborns.

I'll update you all once LO is here. Thanks for all your support, couldn't wish for a lovelier bunch of ladies to share this journey with xxx

It's completely understandable that you feel that way Cally :hugs:. I know when we thought we were going to lose our baby when I was 20 weeks pregnant that reading about what seemed such trifling complaints used to really irritate me… I guess you don't realise how lucky you are until something goes wrong. Even now, almost ten weeks after we finally got the all clear, the joy of the pregnancy has been somewhat tarnished after the three weeks of heartache and anguish that we went through. I also can't help but worry that our experience this time will taint future pregnancies as well. Things do get better with time though and they often seem and feel worse than they actually are. I'm keeping everything crossed that you manage to hold on for a few more weeks and that all is well with your LO once they arrive. :hugs:

It's funny because I envy your cankles and pregnancy discomforts. I would happily take them all on over the prospect of being separated from my LO at birth for a stay in NICU.

I thought I was up to staying on this board, but I think my pregnancy has taken such a turn that perhaps it's not best anymore. Watching women on a daily basis desperately clinging on to each day to keep on baking their LO to avoid a lengthy NICU stay really puts a lot of other trivialities into perspective, but I'm v glad that none of you are having to experience this.

I wish I could be enjoying the little quirks alongside you all. I think you're all lovely ladies and I wish you all the best with your pregnancy journeys xxx

Thank you cally for putting everything into perspective. I think it's great you spoke up. I think sometimes with an uneventful pregnancy one can get frustrated with the silly inconveniences it brings. The fact is is that we are all creating precious little human lives and all of the pains will be worth it in the end. You are right that every day of discomfort is worth it if it means a healthier baby. However, it's so easy to lose sight of that. Thank you for making me/us realize just how lucky I/many of us have been so far.

I wish you well with your pregnancy and I will be rooting for your health and for your little one to stay baking as long as possible.

Cally I commend you on being able to speak so openly and honestly...

A friend of mine is a few weeks behind me and when I had my haemmorhage 2 weeks ago all she could do was complain about her back pain and how nothing she took helped and how lucky I was... I was bedridden and had the worry of a premature birth looming and I ended up loosing it at her. She actually hasnt spoken to me since but yes...

Ill be keeping you in my thoughts.

Afm- I have to have regular scans and bloods taken and today the obgyn told me they are concerned about the size of babys abdomen. AApparently its quite large but im not sure why this would be a problem and I didnt think to ask. Because she then started talking about the birth and needing blood on stand by etc...

I'm really touched by all your comments, and relieved it hasn't been taken the wrong way. There's always the risk of that with written word.

MumLtd I'm sorry to hear about your friend, you've been having/are having a stressful time and she should be supporting you rather than licking her wounds. Hopefully hormones got the better of her and she'll realise that you need her. Sounds like you're being incredibly strong. Stay positive and deal with everything else thrown your way as it happens. The best thing is the Docs are aware of the problem and closely monitoring you and baby so that they'll be prepared to assist you however needed.

Thank god for modern science, huh? I was so keen to shun it to have a natural birth before all this happened, but now I have a newfound respect for it all. If it wasn't for the help I received I doubt baby or even I would be here today.

9 days until my induction, 4 days until 34 weeks. I'm getting there!

Cally it was incredibly brave to speak out. I keep reminding myself of what I went through to get here whenever I have a niggle and it puts things into perspective. Not long for you to wait now and your little one will be strong and thriving before you know it. Medical science can work miracles these days.

I have to agree ladies,
We have all come so far to have our bundles of joy, each and everyone of our stories are different, and we can only but be there for each other.
When people tell me, what an easy pregnancy I am having, my hubby will jump right in and say, you dont know what she goes through, just because she does not complain to you, does not mean she is not going through anything. She is just happy to have this life growing inside of her, so she does not feel the need to moan about every little ache and pain.

On here its a different story, whether it be a back ache, canckles, something as serious as what Mumltd, Cally, and Jack Jack is going through, here we feel safe enough to speak out loud, and say how we feel and that is the way it should be, all of us here for one another, you never know when you will be in that situation.

Hope you all have a good day :)

I am changing my perspective from wanting the rest of the time to fly by to enjoying the little time i have left with my dd being an only child. i know having a sibling will be a good thing for her but i still feel guilty that it's going to take away some of my attention.
My dr's office has 5 or so doctors and they want you to see all of them as they rotate at the hospital and i asked the lady last appointment if i could have a sonogram to measure the baby and she said no since it wouldn't change my birthing plan...yesterday i had my appt with a different doctor and asked him and he said yes so in 2 weeks i'll be able to see LO again (and in 3D) without having to pay for an expensive elective sono visit!

I'm sorry I think after almost four weeks of bedrest it's all getting to me. I've suffered with depression in the past and I think it's trying to rear it's ugly head. I'm just mourning the pregnancy and natural birth I so wanted. Even sad about silly things like missing out on a baby shower.

Just spent a bit of time with DH who really cheered me up and I felt terrible to come back onto the board after typing such an honest message. I was doing my best up until then to surpress those feelings as they help no one. I'll be a bit quiet but I'll still follow you all and look forward to lots of pictures of gorgeous newborns.

I'll update you all once LO is here. Thanks for all your support, couldn't wish for a lovelier bunch of ladies to share this journey with xxx

Hey cali sorry to hear your feeling low about your pregnancy. I suppose its also having lack of control of the situation ahead. Good luck I'm sure all will be fine. My friend had her boy at about 34 weeks and 5 days and he didn't need nicu and was able to go home next day! He was 5lb. Xx

Hey cali sorry to feel your feeling low about your pregnancy. I suppose its also having lack of control of the situation ahead. Good luck I'm sure all will be fine. My friend had her boy at about 34 weeks and 5 days and he didn't need nicu and was able to go home next day! He was 5lb. Xx

Hang in there, Cally. You are being so brave for your baby. I don't know if I have the kind of strength you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->