July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Had my 34 week appointment today (although I'm only 33+2) and fundal height is measuring 35 weeks, so 2 weeks ahead, lol. Guess I'm in the running for another big baby, although with my daughter I never measured ahead at all and she still came out at 10lb 7oz. Discussed my birth plan a little and they said if anything I'll be managed more closely than a lot of people would like, but that's fine with me. I'll be hooked up to a drip to offset the chance of another PPH and they'll monitor me when baby is crowning to see if it would be better for me to have an episiotomy this time instead of tearing again. Apparently the chance of tearing goes down with second babies though as the body has stretched once before. Little bit annoyed that they're not bothered with me going overdue this time, when at the beginning of my pregnancy they said they wouldn't let me go overdue because of how big Eden was... Might end up being induced anyway if I continue measuring ahead though. Either way, when I hit 37 weeks this little one will be getting her eviction papers, I'd rather avoid the complications that come with an 11lb+ baby!

It surprises me that they're not bothered by that. My brother was 9lbs 9oz and because of that, they refused to let my mom go farther than 37 weeks. They delivered my youngest brother at 37 weeks by section and he was already 8lbs 4oz.

Hello all :happydance:

Just wanted to join...better late then never I suppose :winkwink: Im currently 32+3 and due July 20th with a baby girl! This is my first so I am very excited.

A little about me...this journey has been all but smooth. I seriously think I might be going for most stressed pregnancy. I started off the 1st trimester with bleeding (sorry TMI) and was diagnosed with SCH after 2 visits to the hospital. Luckily it dissolved itself by 10 weeks :thumbup:

Moving on to my 2nd trimester at my 20 week scan the doctor noticed my cervix was on the short side. My advice is to never Google short cervix because I honestly scared myself to death. So I was given progesterone suppositories to take every night until I reach 35 weeks. So far everything has been working out and my little one has been fine.

Last but not least my 3rd trimester..If you didn't think this was enough already BOOM! here comes the gestational diabetes :nope: *sigh* very frustrating to say the least. But so far I have been able to regulate it with diet and exercise so *fingers crossed* hopefully I can keep it up without taking any meds.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to vent

Thanks ladies

Welcome Pinknerds...
Sorry that you had such a rough pregnancy hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Hi ladies. Had My 36 week appointment today. Wow cant believe Andrew and I have made it to 36 weeks. Was in L&D Saturday night. Contractions for 4 hours then just went away. Doctor's appointment today. 3cm and 60% effaced. She said any day now. Still would rather I made it to 37 weeks so still on strict bedrest :-( Since I left the office 6 hours ago I've been having contractions 20-30 mins apart.
Glad to see everyone is doing well. Cant believe we'll all have babies in our arms soon. Take Care

Glad to hear you and Andrew are still hanging in there, JackJack. Hope he holds on a few more days for you!

Welcome to the group, PinkNerdz! I'm Brandi, also due July 20, but with a baby boy. I'll add you to the front page!

Wow jackjack I cannot believe how close you are to having little Andrew. So very exciting how close we are getting.

Wow Jackjack! Hope Andrew can wait another few days :hugs:

Glad to hear Andrew's holding on in there Jackjack!

I am now on 3 weeks holiday ahead of maternity leave, wahoo! Lots of chores to do today but it won't take longer than this week I hope.

Welcome pink nerdz! Hope things are a bit smoother from now on!

JackJack - congrats on getting to this point,hope he stays in another week for you - & hopefully all of this prep will mean a really easy labour at the very least! X

Afm - I finish work tomorrow for 4 weeks annual leave before due date.

Fingers crossed Andrew stays in for you JackJack, but I was born at 36 weeks and aside from a little bit of jaundice I came home as normal, and here I am 28 years later!

Can't believe we'll be having our July babies soon... Well done to every single one of us mummies for cooking our babies well in to third tri!

Welcome Pinknerdz, sorry you've had a tough prengnancy hopefully everything will go smooth from here on. Best of luck.

Jackjack, glad Andrew is staying put and hopefully he'll stay in there just a little longer :D

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Glad your baby is being put, Jackjack, almost there. :)

I had a question. My doctor wants to do the strep test and pelvic exam when I am 36 weeks. Isn't that too soon?

The baby doesn't feel very low and whenever I get up from bed and sit, it feels as though the baby is way up in my ribs even though baby is head down since 27 weeks. Any ladies feel that way? Isn't it time baby moves down or is it too soon?

I keep feeling her in my rib cage but I also know she'd started engaging and also I think she's dropped down further because I'm getting a lot of pressure on my bowels and pelvis.
Need to get my housework finished now so I am all ready for her coming, due in 5 weeks and considered full term in 2, I'm getting nervous now!

I'm having same issue of her being really high - it's giving me the worst indigestion....Apparently she's head-down but not engaged - pretty sure her head is near my right hip - there's a really hard bump there, and her little (enormous) bottom is grinding about on my ribcage. :haha:

At least yours is one I've heard of Pooch - mine is apparently a Durian fruit - I had to google it!!

To funny... I post something every Saturday to see the new week. 35 weeks tomorrow! It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact he will be here in the next four weeks.

Well ladies, it's June. We're officially next in line to start having our babies!!!! Hopefully June goes by quickly!

Jackjack, happy to hear baby is still cooking.

I'm relaxing on potentially my last baby free day. Tomorrow I will be induced, but they have warned me it could take a couple of days if my body isn't responsive.

I'm excited but also anxious as I haven't heard many positive induction stories!

Hope you're all doing well. I'll share my news as soon as I can after the birth. So happy I at least made it to June!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->