July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Hmm - I feel like this baby will never come out. I occasionally get a feeling of pressure at the bottom of my bump or a bit of lightening crotch but nothing strong or consistent. They don't check dilation here till 40 weeks+ I don't think, so no idea what's happening really. Is it normal in the US for the doctors to schedule inductions before 40w? They won't even consider it here unless you're getting towards 42w. Which I think might have me begging for mercy. x

Hey Ladies,

So nice to see everyone is coming along, cant believe our babies will be here soon, OMW, what a journey we have all been on.

I just wanted to take a moment and say THANK YOU, to each and everyone of you, that have been there and offered advice.

These are really our miracle babies..... IM SO EXCITED...

Im in a lot of pain in hands and wrists, and I have a lump in my neck, just popped out last night.... Im just thinking that in 2 weeks time, little madam will be in my arms... :)

I am being induced at 39 weeks due to diabetes. Otherwise m doctor only induces for medical reasons before 41 weeks.

In U.S, it depends on your doctor.

My sister is 40 weeks and 5 days today but the doctor refuses to induce her. Perhaps part of the reason is my sister was not dilated at 40 weeks.

On the other hand, my doctor offered to induce me at 39 weeks. I'm 1.5 cm dilated and doc seems hopeful that I'll be more dilated at my 38 weeks.

I should mention I have had no complications through out my pregnancy and baby is measuring on target.

I've had absolutely no pain or pressure lower down. It must be because our baby is transverse. Sometimes I feel like what's left of my muscles around the bottom of my bump are sore, but that's it.

Am off for a scan in 40 mins to see whether the baby is still transverse. I'm pretty positive he is. There were two of us last night at my aqua natal class with breech or transverse babies. The midwife who runs the class got us both to do duck dives in the deep end of the pool. Apparently this can help to turn the baby, although it can take 48 hours. I'm not sure whether it helped JB to turn, but it did give him hiccups! It involved swimming down towards the bottom of the pool and doing a head over heels under water before coming up. It might be worth you trying it Tymeg.

38 weeks tomorrow and soooo ready for baby to be born!! I'm fully engaged and have been for a week but they don't check for dilation over here unless you're suspected to be in labour. Midwife tomorrow and I'm hoping I can talk them into doing/arranging a sweep because I'm getting so tired and uncomfortable it's stressing me out!
When I asked the consultant about a membrane sweep he said there's no point because they don't work in first pregnancies but this isn't true I've found so I'm going to try push for one. I want to try and get her out before the Tour De France arrives in about 2 weeks and closes my town down!

Well, he's a good boy after all and is now head down. I'm not sure if it was the duck dive or not. I'm just pleased that I can now have my home birth. His current estimated weight is 6 lbs and 14 oz so it looks like he will be about 8 1/2 lbs by the time he arrives, which is what I was. Thankfully his legs are now longer too - hopefully he will be tall like me rather than short like his daddy!

Time is dragging here too, I'm desperate to finish work and enjoy this rare sunshine that we're having in NI!

That's awesome Frustrated. I'm hoping our lil guy to weight about the same,be tall and to be darker than myself. We shall see. My mom, brother and nephew plan on coming out either 3 or 4th wk of July so I hope he makes his debut soon. I'd like for those who live near us to have visited before my family come visit that way my family can enjoy their visit without a lot of guest popping over.

Are y'all of the opinion if one of your babies come late, early or on time so do the subsequent babies??? My oldest was 10days late and I chose to be induced for my 2nd as we were in the middle of moving between 2 states so I've no clue if she would have been early or late...

I've no idea whether the body has any memory as regards delivery Sassy as this is my first. It will be interesting to see which of us goes first though as I think we are both due on the same date and both had very accurate due dates due to IVF? I think JB will be late though. Based on nothing other than the fact that I was 9 days late and that if he is late it will make things tricky with visitors!

Babies will come whenever. My first was 2 days before her due date, my second was 12 days before his, but my third was 7 days late.

Brandi - Aww, shucks! You shattered all hope for me, brandi. I was thinking this baby will be coming around the same time as my girls.

My first came at 40+4 and second came at 40+2 and so was hoping this one would be here around 39+5 to 40+5. :(

Boo Brandie lol not what we wanted to hear. Well no change in my cervix from last week :(

The third baby, they say, is the "wild card"..the one who will not follow a pattern. Seemed to be true with me as to when she came, but she still followed suit on labour patterns. My labours have always gotten shorter by about 2 hours (8h55m to 7h15m to 4h45m)...so I'm expecting a two hours labour this time. When he comes? No idea. I have a feeling about July 9th though.

Haha Brandi i have indeed heard the third is the wildcard.
My first came at 40wk and my second at 39+6 so im expecting round the same time.

Frustrated if I could swim I would have tried that, but I can not swim for the life of me LOL

Frustrated if I could swim I would have tried that, but I can not swim for the life of me LOL

Ah, probably best not to try that then…! Have you looked at the spinning babies website? That has lots of recommended positions for getting baby to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->