July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Congrats to JackJack and TyMeg! And everyone else for making it this far! Wow, three weeks away from meeting my little fellow! Very excited!
I was told he was 8 lbs 4 oz last Monday... Still 3 weeks to go before induction on 7/18.. They were talking abt C-section too, MD worried abt shoulders passing etc. I hate how they say on one hand, I could be fine and no issues and in the same breath talk abt all the complications that could happen. I'd still like to go as natural as possible so am considering starting EPO... Thoughts anyone?
Otherwise, miserable here, no sleep, moody, swollen feet/ankles, very uncomfortable. And a lot of lower abd pain and pressure...esp at night when turning in bed. Anybody else feeling that? And TMI but the vag discharge is driving me bonkers.. Just yuck. I'm not sure if it's changed or worsened perhaps it's my tolerance wearing thin? LOL...

Tymeg - Wow, that was unexpected! Congratulations. Sorry you had to go through such a traumatic time. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little princess!

Astraloree - Is EPO evening primrose oil? Is it meant to bring on labour?

Tulip - You are being very understanding about your husband. I would have a complete fit if I were you! My OH has been banned from doing anything other than day trips to the UK since mid-June and is now banned from any travel (save for going to London for the day on Wednesday next week as it's his son's 18th - and I'm even worried about that!).

We collected our birthing pool from the hospital on Friday, so can now start to get things set up for our planned home birth. There is still so much to do and I am worried time is running out! Still, I'm sure it will all get done in the end. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

xx

Wow what beautiful babies! Well done tymeg, jackjack & ladyluck xxxx

Awwww, he's so handsome, JackJack!!

Tymeg, congratulations on your little one. Scary how she came in, but she's safely here and gorgeous, I bet. Can't wait to see pics!!

Astra, they can be off by a couple pounds. There's really no way to tell from the outside, but glad they're going to keep an eye. I hear ya on the "Well, it could be fine. BUUUUT..." because to me, that's "Yeah, everything is likely to go fine, but I don't want to sit all night waiting for that baby. I'd rather be home eating, so I'm going to use a few scare tactics to push Mom into letting me decide when to deliver". Not saying that's the case with you, but that's the vibe I get when I hear those stories.

And for being miserable, hear ya on that too. I can sleep, but not well, and I'm now napping once or twice a day just to make it through. I'm swollen, exhausted, cranky, exhausted, HOT (damn heat and humidity!) and did I mention exhausted?

TERM TODAY!!!! YAY!!!! I will officially get to have my home birth. Better start prepping.

Astra-my daughter was almost 10 lbs born only a couple days early and i was able to push her out!! Only minor tearing. I think for the most part our bodies can accomodate the babies we make.
I'm miserable too...had the idea in my head i would have the baby this weekend but that doesnt look like its going to happen. Woke up every two hours, brlly is so big and painful, feel like an awful mom to my 2 year old. Hate waiting !!!

Happy Term Brandi!

Frustrated I'm so excited for your HB!

I think with hubby away this week I'll be able to enjoy my evenings with DS1 - I don't get much of a look-in when daddy is home because he spoils DS so ;)

I'm not hugely concerned because he can be at the hospital within 3-4 hours, so even if I *think* things are starting he can be on his way.

I don't think anything will happen this week - not only is hubs away but my placenta encapsulation lady is leaving the country for a week on the 6th. I think both of those worries combined will naturally delay the onset of labour.

Astra our bodies are definatly designed to push out the babies we make, i heard a loverly story at pregnancy yoga yesterday by our teacher who is also a doula/preg and birth class teacher etc. she had a lady once who had the extreme vomiting which was so severe she had to be fed thru a tube the last twenty weeks of her pregnancy and she was quite thin and frail and gave birth naturally to a 10 pounder!

Jackjack, Aww, he is adorable! You must be one proud mama

Congratulations, tymeg! That was so quick. Do post pictures of your little one when you have time

Astraloree - I know i find the discharge very disgusting too but remember that just shows that we are close to having our babies. :)

I am not having any symptons I am going to be in labor soon. grrrr! Just alot of muscle cramps. Everytime I move, I pull a muscle and its painful. Anyone else experiencing this?

Well, at least I will officially be full term on Tuesday and can start doing something to get baby out.

I have stomach cramps now, I'm kinda hoping it develops into something more than aching. I'd really like it to be my time but I'm doubting it.

Thanks, Tulip! We have been attending hypnobirthing classes so hopefully I will manage without medicated pain relief...

I've had muscle cramping but not just recently; my shoulder is all cramped up today and it hurts.
I weeded a couple areas of our yard this morning because its been driving me nuts. Then i told dh i wanted to walk so we brought dd to a park and took a mile pr so walk...needless to say i'm very sore now in my back and belly. I want to keep weeding but physically its not happening. Trying to rember when i had that urge to walk with my first...dont remember if it was a month pr week or few days before labor?

Fed up now, I'm so ready for this baby to be born. I'm tired, crampy and achey all the time. My husband is now threatening to squeeze me like a tube of toothpaste. At least hubby starts paternity on Thursday so I finally have company at least.
Due Thursday, sweep Thursday and induction Monday.
The end is in sight but I feel like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER

Have you tried red raspberry leaf tea or evening primrose oil Charlie?

I'm surprised they are inducing you so quickly after your due date. Is that standard practice in the UK now? I didn't think they would usually consider it until at least 12 days post your due date unless there were medical grounds for it. Good luck with the sweep. I hope it's not too uncomfortable.

I just woke at 6am feeling like my period is about to come, but it's not the constant "on her way" pains. It's coming in waves. Doubt anything will come of it, though.

July tomorrow, ladies!

Bring on July!
Im feeling crampy but not sure if its cos we dtd last night...although i honestly wasnt that "active" in it and pretty much lay there!
I do want a july baby though so was only planning on dtd tonight...oh well...round two tonight! Come on out july babies :)

Charlie we are due the same day, im seeing the mw tomorrow but she def wont give me a sweep :p

Had bh that just didnt ease up so it took me two hrs to fall asleep last night. I'm miserable. Dh took mycar to work today since his inspection is expired (yet hes been driving it around that way for weeks) so my first day of leave i'm stuck here at home and need to run errands. I am going out of my mind without much to do and i wanted to get out to distract myself. I had one bout of af type cramps along with the urge to poo and it freaked me out but it was just the one and nothing since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->