July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

My last three appointments my weight has been the same...this weekend i weighed myself and i was up 4 lbs and today another 4...it's all swelling because i can feel in everywhere especially in my lips...i keep saying it feels like i had injections or something! Glad i have my dr apt today so they can check my bp to make sure it's normal

Hey Pooch,

I jumped on the scales this morning and my weight was also up 4lbs, despite it having been static for the last few weeks. The again, I've had a few takeaways this week, so maybe that's to blame although my legs feel massive!

I have been gaining a pound every 2 weeks so now I am refraining from weighing myself.

Today, I have been throwing up. Morning sickness is back since a week. Initially, I thought it might mean labor is starting but nope feels like the way I did during my first trimester.

So now apart from feeling heavy, backpain. I also have nausea and vomiting but still no contractions and no signs of labor. :(

I definitely think I'm going to go way over my date. Not sure why, just the feeling I have. I've been getting cramps and an upset tummy, but I think that's just a side effect of the RL Tea. I guess I just have to be patient!

My last three appointments my weight has been the same...this weekend i weighed myself and i was up 4 lbs and today another 4...it's all swelling because i can feel in everywhere especially in my lips...i keep saying it feels like i had injections or something! Glad i have my dr apt today so they can check my bp to make sure it's normal

I would definitely mention that at today's appointment, I have the opposite problem I have always had low BP. Just the other night I felt really sleepy and wasn't sure why so I checked my BP and blood sugar at home. BP was 90/56 which is normal for me and blood sugar after eating was 96.

Hi girls! Me and dh dtd last night and I had a heavy day scrubbing on my hands and knees. This nesting instinct has turned me into a nervous ocd wreck I just can't stop. Anyway had awful tightenings in the night full on back and periody pain. They came very regular every few mins at intervals I was starting to think I was in labour. Anyway they died off a bit this am and now they have returned but more irregular but painful. Not sure what's happening to be honest? Anyway with you guys who aren't sleeping well. Anyone else having crazy tightenings and nesting instinct?

My weight has been holding last 2wks, will check tomorrow as I've already eaten and drank this morning. Since my edd is this wk I'll give walking another try. Wifey and daughter gonna play golf this evening so I'll walk a lil along side golf cart. I'm not interested in trying castor oil, nipple stimulation or rlt.

Look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing and Dr appt updates. Wonder who will give birth next...

I've heard that you'll go into labour when you're the most relaxed. Last week, I had such extreme exhaustion that I was napping at least twice a day. For the last two days, I've had a burst of energy that has had me on my feet and scrubbing my house down. I scrubbed for 13 hours straight yesterday before I sat down.

But the last two nights, I have been having the best sleeps in a long time. I am usually kind of on the border and toss and turn, but for the last two nights, I've been in a really deep sleep and then my 3 year old has pulled me out of it. It's like I'm sleeping so peacefully, and then suddenly I'm just snapped out of it, and she's there. I haven't heard her or anything...she's just there.

I feel okay, but the moment I get out of bed to get her back to bed, I'm getting the most intense cramping and tightenings. It feels like labour. I go back to bed and lay down again to see if it keeps going, and it'll last about 20-30 minutes longer, and then it dies off, and then it takes me another hour to get back to sleep.

So I'm wondering if my body, in its relaxed state, is attempting to go into labour, and when it gets "scared" out of that relaxed state, it stalls on its own.

You'd think this being my 4th, I'd know the difference. Gonna see if my midwife will check me this afternoon and maybe give a sweep and get things going. They don't usually until 40 weeks, but it can't hurt to ask. Also will be picking up my birthing pool today.

Frustrated - not yet. I'm due tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

Sassygee - even I don't want to do rlt and the other things to bring on labor. I never tried those things with my first and second pregnancies and labor was fine. however did lots of walking and dtd... not sure whether that helped or not though

Isaac Ralph- I had those sleepless nights and tightening when I was 37 weeks. Now, all those symptoms have vanished. Hopefully, yours are early labor symptoms you go into labor soon. :)

I believe it's when you're relaxed too Brandi. I'm now happy that I'm as prepared as I'm going to be, so I'm having a chill out and a little glass of wine tonight. Can't rule out trying my new breast pump tho x

Just had my appt and i'm 3 cm and almost fully effaced. I swear the dr swept my membranes and didnt tell me...it really hurt and now i'm crampy. Do they do it without asking? He didnt think i would make it to friday but scheduled an induction for next tuesday just in case.

I am officially overdue, Aagh!!!!!! I thought with this being my third she would come early especially as have had strong tightening sand cramp for about four weeks now.
Going for a membrane sweep tomorrow morning and going to ask for a date for induction.
I coul just about handle being overdue if it wasn't for the fact I have been having growth scans and currently baby's estimated weight is well over nine pounds.
Considering I am five feet one and usually uk size 8 I don't want this baby cooked up any longer!
Hope everyone else is having more patience than me x

Flipping heck Twinks I hope she doesn't hang about much longer :shock:

That's awesome Pooch. Hope I get the same news Friday but by then ill b 40+1. Not sure if they do sweep w/o at least telling you. Aren't you glad either way? Seems like you'll be next.

Dang Twinkle. I wouldn't complete believe the scans as I've read they can be off considering baby could be too far in your perlvic area to get accurate measurement. Hope you get an induction date.

Wow! Pooch! That's awesome! You are so close to holding your baby soon. :)

Twinkle, hopefully your baby isn't 9 lb and they could be off. And even if she is 9lb, don't worry. I have heard baby's size doesn't matter while giving birth, it's more about the baby's head size.

Sassygee, fingers crossed you get to hear similar news at your appt friday. It could be possible. With my second pregnancy, I was 1cm dilated at my 39 week appt and 4 cm dilated at my 40 week appt. So don't lose hope :)

Wow Twinkle! Hopefully she isn't that big! The third babies tend to be the wild card. My third child was my only overdue one (so far)

Back from the midwives. They don't usually sweep til 40 weeks but with all the false labour I've been having, they gave me one. Since my last check last 6 days ago, I'm now dilated to 2.5cm and can stretch to a 3cm, 60% effaced, and Asher is still -2 station.

Hoping the sweep will help some, but not getting my hopes up.

Thanks ladies, I am hoping the scans are off but the size of my bump suggests this girl is a big un!
Fingers crossed for some successful sweeps in the next couple of days x

Just checking in and thinking of you all.

In terms of weight gain I gained 12 lbs in the last three weeks. That was almost half my total weight gain.

My growth scan two days before he was born estimated him at 8 lbs 3 oz and he was 8 lbs 9 oz. But really he is long too and doesn't seem big to me.

Good luck ladies, can't wait to see more babies!

Lucky you getting a sweep Brandi!

Timewaster I need all the luck I can get now, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->