July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Those are all super cute tooth!

Good luck timewaster. I hope things progress faster for you.

I am losing my plug but obv that doesnt necessarily mean anything!

I've been losing mine all day, and it's turned to bloody show over the last few hours, but nothing much else happening.

One of my friends from work just randomly dropped off a chocolate cake for me a few minutes ago. Yummy!

Well i lost the reat of my plug this morning and for the first time i turned up the temp on the central air and put on pants and socks because me feet and legs are cold. Dh just left for work...he would prefer i dont go into labor spontaneously and i get induced tuesday because then its not as stressful...i hope i dont make it to tuesday because of the increased pain associated with inductions (that i've read of).

Brandi you've still got a week and three days before you're over, a lot can happen in that time *hugs* xx

Yesterday I was losing plug all day long, and then around supper time, it started turning into bloody show. I've seen bloody show in two of my other pregnancies. The first time was with my first and I was in labour. The second time was with my third, and I went into labour 7 hours later. So, naturally, I kind of expected something to happen. I could also feel him very low.

Around 9-10 last night, I was getting cramps and braxton hicks so decided to go to bed and get some rest in case something happened, and around 3am, I was hanging in between sleep and a dream. In the dream, I was being cast as Cristina Yang's labour double for an episode of Grey's Anatomy, and I could feel contractions, so I got up to use the bathroom, wiped, more bloody show and then did a cervix self-check to see if I was actually making progress from earlier that day, and shortly after, the contractions I was feeling stopped, so I went back to bed.

Did another check this morning, as I'm still losing plug but it's no longer bloody, and I feel like my cervix is tighter this morning, is still anterior, but moved back a bit, and feels more closed than it did last night. I was able to get to a 3 last night, and now I feel back to a 2cm.

So, I googled and found a rare phenomenon where if the cervix feels stressed or "threatened", it can move back and close back up to protect itself. It's a natural body response.

So, I do firmly believe that I was going into labour and hindered my own labour. No more cervix checks for me. Just gonna wait it out. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be hit by the full moon on Saturday.

Well i lost the reat of my plug this morning and for the first time i turned up the temp on the central air and put on pants and socks because me feet and legs are cold. Dh just left for work...he would prefer i dont go into labor spontaneously and i get induced tuesday because then its not as stressful...i hope i dont make it to tuesday because of the increased pain associated with inductions (that i've read of).

What a typical "man" comment! My understanding about inductions is that they are more painful as the synthetic version of oxytocin does not have the same analgesic and feel good effect as the natural oxytocin produced during labour.

Well I've reached my EDD and no sign of JB making an appearance. I haven't lost any of my plug (unless it's happened when I've been to the toilet during the night as I don't put the light on) and haven't had any contractions. Will wait until I get to 12 days over, assuming all is ok with baby, but will probably ask to be induced after that as the midwife gave me some literature today which said the risk of still births increases to 1 in 1000 after 42 weeks and to 1 in 500 after 43 weeks, which is too high a risk for me personally.

Timewaster - Good luck! I hope things speed up. I don't understand why you're not allowed food as I thought you would need the energy for the delivery. Seems very odd to me!

Happy due date to my buddies 😁 let's hope we all get to deliver them sooner than later. I walked again last night but all it did was bring on a few bh,ugh so frustrating. Gonna go for another walk here shortly. I haven't lost any of my plug and don't recall when I lost it w my first. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Brandi, we have the same due date and it sounds like you've made a lot more progress than me. Pretty much all I've had so far is still losing my plug, but I've been doing that for several weeks now and I've been 1cm dilated for the past two weeks now. So like you say, I just have a feeling that I'm going to go past my due date. I have a doctor's appointment and ultrasound tomorrow afternoon so hopefully there will be some changes.

Oh and thanks for mentioning a chocolate cake lol...now I'm craving one! :haha:

I have to admit, the cake was quite delicious, lol.

Just gonna give up on the symptoms of labour spotting and just enjoy my last few days. I have 17 days at most left.

Well we've made it this far so I'm hoping the next week or two will go by rather fast. But I just can't wait to get her out lol.

Happy due date Sass :hugs:

Just had my 39 weeker and he's suddenly 3/5 engaged! My hatred of the birthing ball has reduced slightly.

Day two and still no name for my girl!!! If anŷne wants to throw out a few girls names they like it would be much appreciated.
In the meantime will keep checking in for signs of more babies arriving. X

Ava, Olivia, Charlotte, Ophelia, Grace, Isabella, Erin, Lara, Gabriella & Jessica

This little guy would have been Charlotte, Emelia, or Scarlett if he were a girl.

Hi ladies,

So I had my baby boy today 10 am after 24 hours of labor.

Gosh. Getting induced was not a good decision. It took alot of time for me to dilate even with strong contractions.

Also, baby was tilted and not totally head down so I had to push for a good 3 hours and have alot of swelling down there due to that.

Any how, we are still deciding on a name and he is just an adorable 7ln13oz boy. :)

Good luck to all you ladies

Congrats timewaster !! Sorry to hear your experience wasn't optimal but have fun with your lo !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->