July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

OH congratulations to all the new mummies and those still waiting, itll be your time soon xo x

Holly is a week old and already back at her birth weight. She is amazing and perfect in every way. She sleeps amazingly feeds like a champ. I cant complain.

Had yet another round of false labour. Getting sick and tired of them. If my body is going to put me through that many rounds, at least give me my baby at the end of it. So here I sit at 3:30am with not a twinge in sight, when I had contractions every 2-3 minutes last night for a good few hours, and all I wake up to is more plug.

I swear, at this rate, I'm going to end up with a 40lbs toddler NEXT July.

Congratulations TimeWaster! You got there in the end!

I thought things were starting to happen here last night. As it's my first, I really don't know what the initial contractions /surges will feel like. Last night, after going to bed, what I thought might be contractions started. I could feel my tummy rhythmically tightening and drawing up for a while, then stopping before starting again. Anyway, that went on for about four or so hours, interspersed with lots of trips to the bathroom, but stopped at about 5am this morning. Am now wondering if he was just wriggling around a lot. I was quite excited for a while! I was very good as I didn't even wake OH to tell him as I thought he'd need his sleep if we had a long day ahead. Oh well, at least I can get some more jobs done today. Am hoping to get the wall sticker art work up and change the colour of the nursing chair using Annie Sloan paint. Maybe he will come tomorrow...

I bet we'll have a mini-burst of babies tomorrow, Frustrated, with the Supermoon and all. Asher's moving something crazy ATM and literally feels like he's going to explode out of my bum, or belly with these insane stretches. He's killing me!

Oh, but positive news...I checked my bank account and am $900 richer out of the blue. My maternity benefits must have FINALLY kicked in (been off since February) so I might go on a little spree today and let the kidlets each pick something out for the baby today.

Let's hope so! The twelfth would be a good birthday as mine is 12 June!

I was wondering if we'd have a birth explosion because of the moon, we'll have to see! Congrats on the birth Time waster, can't wait to see pictures xx
Oh and I keep seeing more and more posts in third tri by Labour watching August mum's to be, and thinking "err, HELL NO, it's our turn first!!!" :rofl:

^Agreed! At least let us get through July first. It's only the 11th for crying out loud! lmao

My kids are supposed to go with their dad tomorrow morning. One will go tonight. This weekend would be soooo convenient to give birth in. While I'd love to have them there for the experience and to meet their brother, I'm also alone, and my closest family is an hour away, so until someone gets here, if I go into labour in the night and one of my kidlets wakes, I'll be labouring and filling a pool, and tending to children by myself and that thought slightly frightens me. My 3 year old has woken up at 3am every night since Monday, and she ALWAYS sleeps through the night.

I'm officially declaring this weekend OPERATION EVICT BABY

Yes I am, Frustrated. I've already got the pool blown up in my living room, just in case I had gone into labour in the night the last few days. The electric air pump is LOUD, so I figured blowing it up early was one way to lessen the risk of my kids waking in the night when I do go into labour.

Just needs the liner and to be filled, and we're good to go. I've got everything else all waiting in the corner of my living room too...towels, bowls, washcloths, a sleeper and diapers. Just waiting on Asher now.

Your living room sounds much like mine! The only difference is that we didn't have an electric pump so OH had to do it with a manual one. I just hope we can produce enough hot water to fill the pool. Apparently ours takes four bath fulls and our hot water system is old and dilapidated!

Lol sounds like my house. I think mine takes 3 bathtubs full, but my kitchen sink runs out of hot water quickly, so I'm going to pick up a large stock pot tonight and boil that on the stove while filling the pool.

As for the pump, I rented the pool directly from the midwife and it came with everything...pool, liner, air pump, sump pump, sink-to-hose connections, all for $55, and if I don't end up using the pool, then I get my money back. MUCH cheaper than renting just the pool from anywhere else. I was looking at $125 as the cheapest, and that was out of town.

There is a reflexology/foot massage place at the mall here that i want to go to today...not sure if they will or wont massage the right acupressure spots (i read some won't massage pregnant ladies) so we'll see. Worst case scenario i'll be able to walk around the mall!

I tried reflexology the other day, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Am going to try another session in a few days time. It's quite sore as they need to press quite hard to trigger contractions.

Congrats Timewaster and here's to lots of babies tomorrow during the supermoon! :D

FX for some supermoon action - having a 12th July birthday would be a lifelong reminder of our time here in Northern Ireland (it's the main marching day, commemorating the Battle of the Boyne and usually ends in rioting in certain areas :wacko:)

Congrats timewaster.

Good luck to all the other ladies, I hope tomorrow is a lucky full moon.

I did a bit of searching and the Full Moon effect can occur anywhere from the day before the full moon, the day of the full moon, and the day after the full moon.

FX for some supermoon action - having a 12th July birthday would be a lifelong reminder of our time here in Northern Ireland (it's the main marching day, commemorating the Battle of the Boyne and usually ends in rioting in certain areas :wacko:)

God, I'd forgotten about that! Not a great day for someone of Irish Catholic descent to have a baby then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->