July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Congrats moltal!!!

I'm dying. This is NOT how I envisioned my kidless weekend with a full moon. My bathtub taps are broken, so I'm not getting any water. They just spin and spin and spin. I can't even take it off ad use pliers to turn it on and off. I managed to get my hot water one working, but not my cold water. No one can come out until TUESDAY to fix it.

I smell horribly of BO, all over, but especially between my legs, and there is nothing I can do about it. And if Asher decides to appear before Tuesday, a sponge bath is just not going to cut it when it comes to cleaning up the postpartum bleeding.

ATM, I've got my bathtub filled with scalding hot water and waiting for it to cool down enough to sit and bathe in it. This sucks! And now with my luck, he probably will be making an appearance soon, just because this happened.

Congrats moltal! Can't wait to see pics of all the new babies.

And good luck pooch!

I've had a ton of BH since my exam yesterday but no mucous or bloody show. Guess I can get my house in order as I'm pretty sure if I go to Wednesday I'll be induced. My mom should be here Wednesday some time as wells omit works out.

Good luck Pooch.

Frustrated, sorry to hear about false alarm. So frustrating isn't it!!! Ugh

Brandi, I agree with not doing all the eviction things to get him out. Walking is bout all I'm willing to try. My ass hasn't done anything this entire pregnancy to stay remotely fit so I figure if I start now maybe I can keep it up once he is here...cuz lord knows I'll need to lose 60#(no I didn't put all that on this pregnancy, lol). I'll try the belly rubbing this evening when the moon comes out.

I tried it last night and so far nothing, but gonna give it a shot again tonight. There's a few women in third tri who apparently it worked for last night, and it's said it can work from the day before, the day of, and the day after the full moon.

But I'm certain my desperate attempts to self induce are stressing me out and just disappointing me in the end, when my body won't release the oxytocin to start full blown labour. Probably won't release because of the stress.

Congratulations Moltal! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Pooch - that's disgraceful! I can't believe they were suggesting unnecessary medical intervention just so that you would fit with their schedule. Well done for standing up for what you wanted. It sounds like there is no good reason for not letting things run their course at present, which should be a lot gentler on your body than forcing a quicker labour. I hope you continue to make good progress on your own and get the labour that you want. Thinking of you.

Sassy - yes, it's incredibly frustrating! Have just been for a four mile walk with the dog and am now sitting a nice warm bath so we will see if that helps. Hope you don't mind me asking, but is there any particular reason why you won't try any of the more natural means of inducing labour given that you think you may need a medical inducement next week? Am curious as to whether you know anything about the safety of such things that I don't! My friend suggested I drink castor oil today, but I think I'll wait until I'm a week overdue before trying that or before trying clary sage. I'm due to see our consultant at 40+6 and think I'll ask him to book me in for an induction at 42 weeks as a fall back. I intend to start sweeps at 41 weeks, so hopefully that will negate the need for the induction, but at least I have a plan and feel somewhat in control!

Brandi - have you tried running a hose pipe from another cold tap in your house to the bath? I'm assuming you have a hosepipe as part of your birth pool kit?

Frustrated, I did castor oil with my 1st daughter and was MISERABLE, will not torture myself to bring on labor. I've been walking and did the deed last night. Prolly go and get me a yoga ball to bounce on too, I can use it after birth for exercising so dual purpose ;). Never heard of clary sage.

I'm hoping if I don't go into labor before Wednesday that my cervix will be cooperative with the gel he wants to put on it and things will get going then.

Hmm, perhaps I should stay clear of the castor oil in that case! Did it make the labour very aggressive or did it just make you feel sick? Clary sage is an essential oil, which apparently triggers contractions. It is meant to be very potent. I've been told to use no more than 2 drops, whether it be in a bath or an oil burner. Both of these methods sound a bit scary to me if i"m honest, but I'd like to try to avoid the full blown induction using the synthetic oxytocin via an IV.

She's here! Isabel Ann is 9 lbs 11 oz 22 inches. They ended up giving me pitocin and waited until i was 10 cm to break my water. 4 pushes and she was out. Got thru with no pain meds. Shes nursing away like a pro! Good luck to everyone else!!

The hose I have isn't long enough and the adapter kit is only compatible with my kitchen sink. Blah!

I did manage to get my hot water working, so half filled a bath and waited for it to cool, then got in and washed down. I can probably just do my hair under the kitchen tap.

3:30 here and still no signs of anything happening, so I'm guessing my son was wrong about today too. It's nice and peaceful here though, so I'm enjoying the nap and the relaxation while I can.

As for castor oil, it can increase the risk of the baby pooping too, and of course, swallowing that poop leading to other medical interventions. Wouldn't recommend trying it. That is one technique I will NEVER try.

Here's a picture!! She is so tiny even though she's huge!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
Pooch, she's gorgeous! What a star you are to give birth to such a large baby with no pain relief! Absolutely amazing. Did you realise she was going to be so big?

Pooch, she's gorgeous! What a star you are to give birth to such a large baby with no pain relief! Absolutely amazing. Did you realise she was going to be so big?

I was thinking the same thing...I couldn't imagine doing it with no pain relief. How did you do it? :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->