July Jewels 2019! ^^

This thread is quiet!

How are you ladies doing so far?

I'm trying to wrap my head around being pregnant and trying to maintain a positive mental attitude about it all. After the previous losses, it's hard to believe that this is working out for me and I can feel the doubt creeping in at times, but I'm trying to stay positive. Today I am pregnant.

Anyone else having cramps on and off? Have yours tapered off or are they the same since getting your BFP?

Hi guys,

I'm due 21st July! Just found out this morning! Congratulations to everyone and wishing you all health and happiness.

This is our 2nd, we had been trying for around 5 months. Our baby boy is almost two.

Looking forward to sharing the ups and downs with you ladies. I'm also having cramps, but I'm still pretty early on. Wonder how pregnancy will fair whilst looking after a toddler and working part time.

Also how to get through Christmas without anyone suspecting!

Hi there!

I’m going to join too. I’m 28 years old and have 2 children, 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son. After having really strange on/off bleeding for nearly 2 weeks I took a test on Tuesday and was absolutely astounded to see it was positive I am on the pill and this was absolutely not planned but here we are, due baby number 3 on 2nd July. Still trying to get my head around it...

I had a scan yesterday because I am still bleeding which is quite heavy and really red but everything looks fine in there. Midwife thinks bleeding may be coming from my cervix as nothing bleeding internally. Have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan just to check on the heartbeat as it was too small to see yesterday. I still can’t believe it.

Omg sparkles I can’t beloeve your boyfriend asked you to terminate! That is awful! Hope you are ok.

Look forward to chatting over the coming months x

Yay! More new faces :hi:

It is quiet but I think it'll start to pick up once we all start having appointments and the excitement starts to sink in.

DBZ, I know what you mean about trying to just focus on the fact that today I am pregnant and not stressing over what tomorrow might bring. It's hard when you've waited for something so long. I feel like the change from infertile person to pregnant person was super abrupt. I am so grateful but also in disbelief.

I've not been cramping much; it only seems to pop up when the constipation and trapped gas gets bad. I've been really focusing on eating good foods to try and relieve all the abdominal and pelvic discomfort. It's not been too difficult since I'm not having a problem with food aversions.

Sunshine
, are you planning on sharing the news at Christmas or are you trying to make it all the way through until the New Year without spilling?

We are planning on letting our families know on Christmas Eve and Day so we won't have to hide it beyond that. But we do have a bunch of parties with friends in December and we aren't planning on sharing the news at any of them. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem as I don't drink and generally wear loose fitting clothing (all my party dresses are sheath or empire A-lines).

Tess
, what a surprise! I hope the bleeding slows down and resolves itself. I'm glad your midwife seems to have a nice and reassuring explanation for you.

AFM, I registered with my midwifery practice this week. If I have a good scan on Tuesday, I will be able to officially graduate from the fertility clinic and move into the care of my midwives. I'm registered with the team that delivered my son five years ago - one of the midwives delivered my son and another attended my birth as a student! I really loved their care the last time around and I already feel better knowing that they'll be my support for this pregnancy.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?
I have a cousin coming to stay with us for a night on Saturday, and we are hoping to tackle some of the projects that need doing around the house. We are constantly in a rotation of renovations and we've got a bit of a deadline now ;)

Yay! More new faces :hi:

It is quiet but I think it'll start to pick up once we all start having appointments and the excitement starts to sink in.

DBZ, I know what you mean about trying to just focus on the fact that today I am pregnant and not stressing over what tomorrow might bring. It's hard when you've waited for something so long. I feel like the change from infertile person to pregnant person was super abrupt. I am so grateful but also in disbelief.

I've not been cramping much; it only seems to pop up when the constipation and trapped gas gets bad. I've been really focusing on eating good foods to try and relieve all the abdominal and pelvic discomfort. It's not been too difficult since I'm not having a problem with food aversions.

Sunshine
, are you planning on sharing the news at Christmas or are you trying to make it all the way through until the New Year without spilling?

We are planning on letting our families know on Christmas Eve and Day so we won't have to hide it beyond that. But we do have a bunch of parties with friends in December and we aren't planning on sharing the news at any of them. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem as I don't drink and generally wear loose fitting clothing (all my party dresses are sheath or empire A-lines).

Tess
, what a surprise! I hope the bleeding slows down and resolves itself. I'm glad your midwife seems to have a nice and reassuring explanation for you.

AFM, I registered with my midwifery practice this week. If I have a good scan on Tuesday, I will be able to officially graduate from the fertility clinic and move into the care of my midwives. I'm registered with the team that delivered my son five years ago - one of the midwives delivered my son and another attended my birth as a student! I really loved their care the last time around and I already feel better knowing that they'll be my support for this pregnancy.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?
I have a cousin coming to stay with us for a night on Saturday, and we are hoping to tackle some of the projects that need doing around the house. We are constantly in a rotation of renovations and we've got a bit of a deadline now ;)

Oh that is a lovely idea to tell people on Christmas Eve/Day I am super nervous about how we are going to keep it quiet because like you say, we have lots of parties coming up in Dec for Christmas but I do drink usually so people will 100% guess that something is going on when I say I’m not drinking

You must be so excited going through so much to get to this point. Congratulations

I am not quite ready to say it out loud yet so I haven’t contacted the midwives yet. I’m hoping to come to terms with it a bit more over the weekend and hoping to contact them at some point next week to make it all seem a bit more real x

Hi Allie! I would just prefer to wait until the 12 week scan however, I would normally have a glass of wine at least with dinner for the Christmas nights out we've planned. So thinking of booking a private scan for around 8 weeks and share with only immediate family who will recognise that I'm not having any wine!!

I had a NHS early scan last time due to my first pregnancy ending in a miscarriage however, I'm unsure if they would offer that to me this time as my last pregnancy was successful.

Tess hope everything is ok, sounds like the midwife is pretty confident everything is.

Nausea tend to set in around week 6 for me so I'm going to try and enjoy the next two weeks and get some things done this weekend before that starts Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Hi Allie! I would just prefer to wait until the 12 week scan however, I would normally have a glass of wine at least with dinner for the Christmas nights out we've planned. So thinking of booking a private scan for around 8 weeks and share with only immediate family who will recognise that I'm not having any wine!!

I had a NHS early scan last time due to my first pregnancy ending in a miscarriage however, I'm unsure if they would offer that to me this time as my last pregnancy was successful.

Tess hope everything is ok, sounds like the midwife is pretty confident everything is.

Nausea tend to set in around week 6 for me so I'm going to try and enjoy the next two weeks and get some things done this weekend before that starts Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Yeh I have this issue too! No one will believe me if I try come up with an excuse not to drink alcohol on a night out so I’m better just telling them lol

I actually have a family house party today so I’m going to buy 2 bottles of wine, 1 normal and 1 non alcoholic then I’m going to switch the bottles and take the non alcoholic wine with me in the regular bottle so that it looks like I’m drinking and I don’t need to come up with an excuse lol. I have a big night out on 8th Dec which I absolutely won’t be able to get away with not drinking so I’m thinking of telling everyone that day. I have another scan at 8 + 2 (22nd Nov) to check for a heartbeat so if all goes well at that I will just tell my family at our night out on 8th Dec.

Oh I’m the same with the sickness setting in at 6 weeks! It might be in my head though lol. I only found out on Tuesday that I’m pregnant and for the past 2 days the nausea has been awful. I actually tend to lose lots of weight when I’m pregnant because I can hardly eat anything. With my son (who was 8lb 13oz when he was born) at my final midwife appointment I was only 2lbs heavier than my starting weight because I lost so much in the initial weeks x

Hope your family party went well and no one suspected Tess!

I've booked a private scan for December when I'll be 8 weeks, so will just tell on a need to know basis! :)

Hey ladies!

Alliec - I know what you mean! I don't think I was mentally prepared for a BFP and it was just such a shock. After 7+ years if disappointment, things are finally looking good. I'm trying to stay positive and not get into the mentality where I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm focusing on enjoying being pregnant and expecting the best instead of the worst. Easier said than done though.

Tess - How did the party go? Did the wine switch work?

AFM- We told our parents already since they knew about our FET and wanted to know what was happening. We're probably going to tell DH's sister at Thanksgiving if our beta on Monday is still good and the levels are rising. I had some spotting yesterday, so of course I've been worried. But I called my clinic and the doc I talked to assured me that it was probably implantation bleeding and told me to just take it easy this weekend. Still freaked me out though. After my previous losses, it's hard not to think the worst. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

First scan is booked for the 26th, so we're hoping to see a heartbeat because I should be around 7 weeks then.

I don't really drink too often, so I'm fine on that, but I drink A LOT of coke and I've had to make excuses for why I'm not drinking my usual coke at the bar. I've gone with I'm detoxing from caffeine because I haven't been sleeping. But one night out I was on water only and the other night it was just cranberry juice...I'm just not into coke right now though, so I don't want to drink one, even though I know I could.

Anyone have any cravings yet? I'm obsessed with tomatoes right now. They've never tasted so good...

Hello all!

Currently 5w pregnant with baby #1. Wow, that feels so weird to say! We won't be telling our parents or siblings until Christmas and everyone else until around 25 weeks. It's been so difficult to not tell my mom considering how close we are.

We've been trying since Jan/Feb 2017 and were about to start fertility treatments when I got the positive. Needless to say, we were both shocked. I've taken 6 pregnancy tests just to make sure one wasn't lying and it's still hard to wrap my head around! Right now I'm just really super bloated, exhausted, having some acid issues, and have really sore boobs.

Cravings have also hit! Orange juice but it has to be Tropicana with no pulp. Also mandarine oranges but it has to be the brand Cuties and nacho cheese Doritos.

Happy to be on this journey with everyone!

Oh star that’s exciting! I hope your scan goes well will be nice to see your little popper jumping around in there.

Party went absolutely fine! No1 suspected a thing and my non-alcoholic wine went down a treat lol was defo the best way to play it because if I had tried to come up with an excuse for not drinking people would have suspected because it’s not like me.

That’s amazing DBZ. Congrats! What did your parents say? Bet they were delighted!

Congrats ducky! It’s such a surreal experience isn’t it? Takes a while to sink in lol...

So I’m still bleeding. Up until now I haven’t been very concerned because the midwife said everything looked ok in there plus I think I was just in shock. Today all of a sudden I feel really worried. It hasn’t changed or gotten any heavier or anything but it just isn’t getting any better. I’m hoping it’s just my protective motherly instinct finally kicking in over this very unexpected little bean growing in my tummy... x

DB- no cravings yet! Starting to feel hungry more oftern now so I've just nipped to the shops to stock up my desk with snacks!! Hehe!

Congratulations Cheshire! So lovely to get that bfp especially after such a wait! Wishing you well!

Hope everything is ok Tess, sounds like the midwife was happy with you however, even if it just gives you peace of mind I think it's important to speak to her or someone? Are you in the U.K. And can call nhs24?

Tess - That's hilarious about the non-alcoholic wine! It's great that it worked and you can hold onto the secret for just a little longer. Hoping the bleeding stops for you.

AFM - Just booked my first appointment for the 27th. I also ordered cards that we're going to give to our parents to announce the pregnancy. Wanted to beat the Christmas rush. :shy:

Hi all! I’m Luna from the Boston area. Thrilled to be here with you! I’m a FTM currently 5+5 due July 10th. I’m anxiously counting down the days for my first US on Nov 20th. DH and I are planning to tell our family and close friends on Thanksgiving.

We got our BFP on cycle 3 of TTC. I’m feeling pretty good so far - sore boobs and a bit of nausea and exhaustion. Wishing you all a happy, healthy 9 months!

Aw that’s lovely Ducky I think I’m going to tell my mum in a Christmas card at the start of Dec but I don’t want to tell anyone else until nearer Christmas. I won’t get my 12 scan until around 18th Dec so I don’t want to risk anything by telling anyone before that. Only reason I’m going to tell my mum is because I have a night out with her and my aunties on 8th Dec so I’m hoping she can help me hide that I’m not drinking!

Hey Luna! Congrats on your BFP how many kids do you have so far? I’m the same. Sore boobs, a bit sicky and tired but that’s it so far. Wishing you a H&H 9 months too x

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! We had a nice visit with two of my cousins on Saturday, and then attended a birthday party for a classmate of my son's on Monday (no school for Remembrance Day). The party was in an amazing indoor playground; it was super pricey though, so I'm glad we got to attend as part of the party.

Cheshire
and Luna, welcome! Glad to have you here and wishing you both smooth and happy pregnancies :hi:

Cheshire
, smart to order ahead to beat the rush. I'm sure we'd all love to see the announcements cards if you are comfortable with sharing down the road.

Tess, so awesome that the non-alcoholic wine trick worked out perfectly. I'm sure your mom will be tickled pink to help you hide the secret. Does she have much of a poker face? My mom is the worst for keeping secrets.

It sounds like everyone's got some sort of symptom popping up now! My biggest one right now is exhaustion. I constantly want to take a nap and I've fallen asleep immediately after dinner the past couple days. I've never been much of a napper so it's a big change. I've also developed a bit of a disinterest in sweets, which is also a HUGE departure from my usual desire to be hooked up to a chocolate I.V. :lolly:

I also had my first scan today and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! I am measuring right on track at 6w6d :cloud9:

I'm booked for another scan with the fertility clinic in two weeks, but they are officially transferring me over to my midwives and I have my first appointment with them next week. It is definitely feeling more real now.

Luna - Welcome! :hi:
Tess - Good plan! Something about giving a card and watching them read it to realize that we're pregnant makes me all teary eyed.
Allie - That's awesome about the ultrasound! So glad you got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! The exhaustion is the worst. Can't remember the last time I slept so much.

Called my endo today to tell him I'm pregnant. He told me when I got a positive pregnancy test to do that so he could adjust my thyroid medication. My significant other is being a real trooper and going out to get that for me so I don't have to put on pants. It's really smokey here thanks to nearby fires so I've been avoiding outside as much as possible.

Tess - So my mom was super excited. She called and I answered the phone with a "Hey grandma." She was like, What?!? and I repeated it. Then she was like, "I'm going to be a grandma!" And she freaked out. Then she claimed I didn't tell her I was putting an egg back in, despite telling her I was doing a transfer. She said that she didn't know what I was talking about, she was just trying to be supportive when we talked. Lol! DH was in charge of telling his parents and so he decided that he just wanted to send a facebook message. He's super no-frills about announcements. lol. So he just let them know the numbers of our first two betas and said things were looking good. They sent a yay and a bunch of cute emojis. :) I haven't told my dad yet. He can't keep a secret to save his life. I'm going to tell him and my stepmom in January when we go out to visit.

Hope your bleeding has stopped by now. It can be so scary, but I'm glad the midwife wasn't bothered.

Cheshire - Welcome and congrats! I love the card idea!

Luna- Welcome! H&H 9 months to you too!

allie - Glad to hear you had a good weekend. :) How exciting you got to have a scan already. Must have been lovely. Did you get a picture of your little bean?

AFM - Had my last beta on Monday and so the next thing is the scan on the 26th. I can barely wait for it, I'm so excited. :) I'm having some symptoms like sore boobs, acid reflux, bloating, and being hungry all the time. But, I think my most noticeable symptom is the tiredness. I have never slept so much. I fall asleep on the couch like right after work or after dinner, around 9pm, wake up at some random time of the night because I refused to get up when DH tried to get me in the bed, get in bed and sleep some more. I was worried about having insomnia, but that is no longer an issue. lol. On Friday night, a friend was talking to me and I fell asleep while talking at least 3 times. I think my eyes were open and I may have responded by grunting or saying a random word when I woke myself up, but I have no idea what was being said and I don't even know how I was holding any sort of conversation with anyone. :haha:

Aw that’s really nice u guys r telling people already! I’m so not ready yet lol. Only people who know are my husband my manager only because she needs to know so I can get time off for midwife appointments.

My bleeding is still going strong. No pain or clots which is what the midwife at the hospital told me to look out for so I’m trying to stay positive. I had an erosion on my cervix caused by hormonal changes from coming off my pill a few years back which caused some irregular bleeding so I’m hoping the bleeding now is being caused by the same thing which may have developed from the pregnancy hormones. I keep doing tests and they are darker every day so hopefully that’s a good sign...

I have my first official midwife appointment tomorrow. Really looking forward to it to make it a bit more real.

I also spent my first morning in the toilet in work today feeling really sick. I was the same with my daughter and it lasted until nearly 30 weeks so I’m hoping it’s not going to last that long...

And oh yes the tiredness you all speak off is so hard! I’m going straight home from work, feeding the kids and then falling asleep at 6pm as soon as my husband comes in without even having dinner myself. I work 10 hours a day and have 4 and 1 year olds so I’m assuming that’s why the exhaustion is that bit harder this time x

Tess - I don't blame you for not being ready. Truthfully, I wouldn't have told anyone until we were further along, but the parents were following along with our FET and knew around when we should hear something. Last FET we didn't tell my in-laws and DH told them later that we did it and it wasn't successful and his parents were really disappointed that we hadn't shared from the beginning. So, this time, he told them and since he told his parents, I told my mom. She'd be upset if they knew something she didn't...though apparently she didn't know what I was talking about, so I could have kept it quiet. lol. Now she keeps calling and asking me how far along I am every week. She seems quite excited. I just hope MIL has kept it quiet. She told her friends about our IVF and fertility issues and I felt insulted that she was talking about it to other people without telling us. I mean, it is kind of private so I would have like to have known who knew before someone made a comment to me. Took me completely off guard. I hope she knows to keep this to herself though. If I get to Thanksgiving and SIL already knows, I'm going to be heated.

I'm so excited for you to have your midwife appointment! It definitely seems like something that will make it all more real. I'm glad the bleeding hasn't gotten any worse, but I'm sorry it's still there. :hugs: I hope it stops soon! I hope the morning sickness doesn't stick around until 30 weeks. That sounds miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->