July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Baby vaughan, I am still waiting for the so called 2nd trimester energy boost! lol

Joy & rose - enjoy your scans. Hope they go well & babies behave!!

Time - hope you had a good night out. I had friends round on Saturday & stayed up until midnight!! I'm still recovering from it lol!!

Loads of team yellow around :)

I feel ok in that I'm not sick. But still feel exhausted & I'm waiting for the ever elusive pregnancy "glow" to find me. I just look knackered :rofl:

My energy also is rather low. It is getting better day by day but I still take naps during the day and in the evening I cannot wait till I can sleep.

My bump is not really growing. My belly is getting sloooowly bigger but it is not hard pregnant belly yet. It is so weird, with my son I had bump much faster and by 16 weeks it was obvious.

I could not wait till the birth with finding out the gender. I love to know who is there and call the baby on its name and bound with it. :)

Hi ladies haven't been on all weekend, been really lazy :)

Hope your all doing fine?

Afm- bit worried I had a bump althought it seems to have disappeared and just feel fatter. Worries me a bit as I was like this with DS and he had IUGR not sure if it's common to occur again..don't want to google incase I scare myself. I'll ask my consultant when I see them next week.

I don't think this pregnancy glow exists hah I look so pale and tired I'm losing my hair and my skin so dry hah.

:hugs: Sammy, pregnancy after an IUGR baby is scary. You are increased risk of another IUGR baby (not sure what the percentages are though so talk to your consultant), however it's extremely rare to have onset this early (Riley Rae's was and so that's how I know). Plus your bump shouldn't shrink so I think it's probably where our uterus' are now above our belly buttons meaning baby has the whole width of us whereas before they were in our pelvises and pushing everything out. Does that make sense?

18 weeks in my new maternity dress.

Attachments

• 2015-02-09 12.29.03.jpg
    2015-02-09 12.29.03.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
:hugs: Sammy, pregnancy after an IUGR baby is scary. You are increased risk of another IUGR baby (not sure what the percentages are though so talk to your consultant), however it's extremely rare to have onset this early (Riley Rae's was and so that's how I know). Plus your bump shouldn't shrink so I think it's probably where our uterus' are now above our belly buttons meaning baby has the whole width of us whereas before they were in our pelvises and pushing everything out. Does that make sense?

Thanks tasha, it does make sense. Just need to mention it to my consultant next week, DS was born 3weeks early weighing 5lb and only detected because movements where reduced and I made and song & dance about it, DD was ok had no real issues with her she was 7lb12 a week over. I guess I'm worrying about history repeating itself. With DD I was the size of a house way into maternity clothing, this time around I'm still in my normal clothes.. Only maternity at work because our uniform is a fitted one. It feels pretty much like my sons pregnancy.

My energy seems to have stayed about the same from first to second trimester......as in pretty much nonexistent. I think if I wasn't so sick all the time I might be a bit peppier. I do have what I guess would be considered a glow. I no longer look like a ghost but have a reddish tint to my skin (although I am still pretty pale and my skin is really dry).

That's understandable Sammy. Is this one a boy? If so, it might be that. I'm the same in normal size twelve (UK size) clothes and it is pregnancy number six to make it this far for me, so should be huge. It does worry me but remind myself that every pregnancy is different. Will you get extra scans?

:hugs: to all you girls feeling rubbish. I feel no different from when I wasn't pregnant x

Dan- o- Amazing scan pictures!!

I swear I was laying in bed this morning and I had my hand on my lower abdomen and I swear I felt a jab and felt it on my hand too! It was crazy! I am pretty sure it was baby!:happydance:

Hope you all had a good weekend! We found a crib we are going to purchase! I have also been doing some research on gender reveal party supplies-

Jrepp - We are finding out on March 12th as well! :flower:

Hey ladies, I just got back from my ultrasound. It was a technician that did the procedure so I won't know the results until I meet with my doctor in 2 weeks. The tech was not allowed to tell me much, so I'm praying everything is ok.

Unfortunately, the tech let it slip about the baby's gender. I am completely heartbroken because I wanted more than anything to be suprised on my delivery day. I told him in the beginning that I didn't want to know and he did a good job of keeping it a secret until he accidently slipped and said "he's" changed positions 2 or 3 times since I started. He quickly tried to back peddle and said "or she". Then he tried saying "I always say he, you know like how they name hurricanes he...I never say it." Then he kept talking and called the baby "it" and then caught himself saying "it" and got all flustered. It was a disaster!

I did my best to keep it together through the rest of the procedure but I burst into tears as soon as I left. I'm not disappointed about the gender because I would be happy either way, I'm just so upset that I know now. I called my husband and cried to him about it, but I didn't tell him the gender. Im not going to tell anyone. We had a plan to be surprised and I don't want to ruin it for everyone. I'm just so upset cause I'm the one who really didn't want to know. :(

Aw Joy I'm sorry to hear. :hugs: I do hope that everything looks good on the scan though. I hate that you have to wait 2 weeks for results.

Aww Joy :hugs: sorry you're disappointed :( At least nobody else knows - you'll still get the pleasure of sharing the news with everyone else at birth :hugs: & how annoying you have to wait 2 weeks! I've never heard of that before :( Hopefully the next two weeks will fly by :hugs:

Babygirl, I threw a gender reveal party its really easy and fun. I used pinterest for ideas. But I did all the decor alternating pink & blue. I made cookies pink lips & blue mustaches. We had a cake that was half blue and half pink everyone had a candle on which side they thought baby was. Then we just had snacks and the middle to end we pulled out a box I had decorated with blue and pink hearts and inside was our balloons that came out saying its a boy! I did the party for about $30. Walmart had most of my stuff including the cookie cutters and Party City had the balloons :)

Babyvaugn - That sounds great! Did you make the cake? If so, how did you make it half pink/ half blue?

Joy - sorry to hear that! What a shame he spoilt it for you but at least you can keep it secret now.

As for the energy boost/glow stage, I don't think it's for the whole trimester as such, I think it's a question of good days/weeks vs the bad. I've managed to be pretty normal this weekend and my workout has increased and not felt so out of breath (I'm hoping something shifted to help!). Also, very thankful that I'm no longer eating so much!

Hope everyone has that energy boost that they need soon.

Tasha- this ones a boy which is making me worry I guess, I had extra scans with DD. But the midwife hasn't mentioned anything to me. Guess that's another thing I'll ask on Tuesday. I don't feel very looked after this time around, the midwife talks to me as though I don't know what I'm talking about when I experienced these things.

With DS it all started with my waters leaking at 28weeks that's how they picked up his growth issues potentially thinking he had dwarfism. So maybe if I don't get xtra scans I'll pay for private growth scans.

Do you get extra scans for growth? I worry because DD was an ok weight they won't bother with extra scans this time.

Joy- sorry he slipped up it's very unprofessional of him, hoping he does just call baby he and there's nothing in it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->