July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

My dads doing okay he is staying over at the hospital, he had a seizure and falling shattered his shoulder. Likely having surgery in the morning. I'm so exhausted, My eating/drinking was screwed up and I could feel it I got nauseous a few times which I haven't done in a few weeks. Glad my dad is making it and thank you for all your concerns and prayers!

Hey ladies, thanks for checking on me. It went...well... fine, maybe? Honestly I left not knowing more than I knew before. Puffin was being very stubborn and they tried over an hour and just couldn't get everything they wanted. So, it was confirmed the aorta is on the large side, which he said means the tendons the hold it in place may be weak. Sometimes this doesn't mean anything and it can be fine. Sometimes it can mean something but we don't know what for now. Good news, the heart is functioning as it should be. It sounds good, heart beat is good, blood flow is good. So they said they need to monitor and hopefully get more answer at my next echo - which is April 8. But he said regardless and this point monitoring would be next step anyways.

I'm feeling neutral... I wish I knew something definite but at the same time I don't think it went badly...

Baby dreams I was right about your girl! Yay! Is Evie like.. Eve-ee or Ev-ee?

Dan-o I am happy baby is doing strong!

I am a bit behind... So I hope everyone else is doing well <3

Medzi, so glad your baby's heart is functioning well now, but sorry they didn't have more information for you. I cannot imagine how stressful it must be to have to wait until April for more information. I will be thinking about you and little puffin and praying everything turns out ok.

Babyvaughn, I'm so sorry about your dad. Glad he's doing ok now and hoping everything goes well with his surgery tomorrow. Please take care of yourself and make sure your eating enough for you and baby!

babyv, do they know what caused your dad's seizure? I will pray for a smooth surgery and quick/full recovery. Don't forget to take care of you and baby too!

Medzi, thanks for the update. I agree that the news seems so neutral. Hopefully, things will be very clear on the next scan and fingers crossed for the problem to be all resolved by then! Great to hear that the heart sounded good and everything is working right.

Oh gosh babyv, I must have missed your post about you dad. How terribly worrying, poor thing. :hugs: Hope the repair surgery goes well today for him. Make sure you take some time for yourself and baby, as hard as that may be right now :hug:

Medzi, that's frustrating they couldn't give you answers, and what a little rascal for not cooperating!! Great news baby's heart is beating nice and strongly though, hopefully is just a minor thing that won't affect baby once born. Roll on next scan then! X

My dads doing okay he is staying over at the hospital, he had a seizure and falling shattered his shoulder. Likely having surgery in the morning. I'm so exhausted, My eating/drinking was screwed up and I could feel it I got nauseous a few times which I haven't done in a few weeks. Glad my dad is making it and thank you for all your concerns and prayers!

I am glad to hear your dad is making it. I hope after the surgery he will recover well and soon. Try and relax for couple of days now if you can. I can imagine that you are exhausted by all this. Take care of yourself.

Hey ladies, thanks for checking on me. It went...well... fine, maybe? Honestly I left not knowing more than I knew before. Puffin was being very stubborn and they tried over an hour and just couldn't get everything they wanted. So, it was confirmed the aorta is on the large side, which he said means the tendons the hold it in place may be weak. Sometimes this doesn't mean anything and it can be fine. Sometimes it can mean something but we don't know what for now. Good news, the heart is functioning as it should be. It sounds good, heart beat is good, blood flow is good. So they said they need to monitor and hopefully get more answer at my next echo - which is April 8. But he said regardless and this point monitoring would be next step anyways.

Happy to read your baby's heart is doing well. That is an excellent news. I really dont know what all other means and it can be frustrating not having clear answers.
It's good that you are natural in your feelings. Looks like the doctors are not panicking so there is no reason for you to start doing it. We will see what the next scan will bring.

Babyvaughn - best wishes for your dad and try to take care of yourself.

Medzi - All the best for you and hopefully the monitoring will show nothing wrong.

We had our scan today, there for 2 hours as baby didn't want to move and they couldn't do all the measurements. But finally complete. And thankfully, everything is normal and in the right range. Femur is 90th centile but OH has 2 tall boys and my sister is tall so we're guessing this one got the tall gene.

Medzi, glad to hear the heart is functioning well! Wish they knew more though and that you didn't have to wait so long for another check.

Babyv, I am so sorry to hear that about your dad. I hope he will be alright.

Great news timeforababy!! :cloud9: and yay for long legs!! Lol <3

Medzi- glad to hear baby's heart is functioning well, it's a shame your kept in the dark at the moment.

Babyvaughan- sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets better soon :hugs:

Timeforababy- glad you got all your measurements and scan went well, my baby was being a pickle at my scan on Tuesday, sounds like baby will be tall :)

Afm- my bump seems to have disappeared or stopped growing could still lay on my belly if I wanted to (scared I'll squash bubs) concerning me a bit spesh with the low measurements with my scan, don't see the midwife til the 4th march. Hopefully she can put my mind at ease a little. Bubs seems to be wriggling a lot today :) most movement I've felt.

Sammy my bump isn't very prominent either, but my fundal height was 'significantly larger than expected' when I was checked on Tuesday. :shrug: go figure lol!

What did they say about baby measuring small on your scan?

Here's mine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15
I haven't had my fundal height checked but was "nicely" told by my consultant it won't be accurate anyway because I'm fat! Never had issues with fundal height before with my other two!

Certain measurements were low on the chart:

Biparietal diameter (BPD) was nearly off the scale
Head circumference (HC) was just off the 5th centile
Femur length (FL) was at the 5th centile.

Only things that seem a good measurement is the abdominal circumference and the transcerebellar diameter (brain I think)

I had same issues with DS and he had IUGR at 30 weeks none of the measurements where on the scale atall, they said they'll monitor me they gave me one scan at 34 weeks but DS growth halted at 30 weeks so I'd prefer one previous but my consultant didn't seem too interested.

Going to take my scan reports from DS and this one to the midwife and see what she thinks. With DD I was scanned at 28,32,36 weeks but I feel because DD was ok they aren't bothered.

How are you doing dan-o?

Sorry girls, just realised I didn't attach a photo! Here's the most well behaved one. :happydance:

Attachments

• bramble2.jpg
    bramble2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 10
Nice bump dan-o :thumbup:

Lovely name baby dreams :)

Great pic timeforababy :happydance:

Babyvaughan - hope your dad is comfortable and not in too much pain. Sounds like a bad fall. Thinking of you :hugs:

dan-o, you look great!!

Babyvaughan , sorry to hear about your Dad. x Glad he is doing okay, hope the surgery goes well! Thinking of you xx

timeforababy, great scan! Baby looks adorable already ;)

17 weeks today!! Baby is an onion now :haha:

Cute bump dan-o! Hope you and baby are doing well.

Medzi - it I good to know that the heart is functioning properly :)

M2010- yay! You are 1 day ahead of me :) I will be in the onion group tomorrow!

Timeforbaby - Love the pic :) So sweet !

Bleeding & cramping :nope:
Sitting at dr office waiting for scan. I'll update when I can.
Hope everyone else is ok today.

Oh no Luvallmy! I will be praying! :( Is this the first time this has happened??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->