July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Congrats to all the ladies who just celebrated Vday. And a special congratulations to you Tasha for passing such a huge milestone! I know how concerned you were about reaching this date and I am so happy that everything has gone well for you and baby Rudi so far!

Beautifulrose, I hope everything is ok. Please update us when you get a chance to let us know how you and baby are doing.

So I had my scan with the high risk doctor on Friday and he said the baby looks great and the velamentous cord insertion is nothing to be too concerned about at this time. Apparently it's very rare and only occurs in one in 600 pregnancies. One of the concerns is the baby could not get enough nutrients because the cord isn't attached properly to the placenta so he wants to see me back in 6 weeks to check on the baby's growth and then start weekly non stress tests after that. I am a little concerned because the baby went from the 82nd percentile at my 19 week scan to the 40th percentile at this scan, so I'm going to have my regular OB check the baby's growth again at my next appt with him on April 1st. Does anyone know if it's normal for the baby's growth to fluctuate that much?

Sorry to hear you have the cord insertion worry :hugs:
Am I correct in thinking velamentous insertion = c-section for safety? Or will they scan for vessels close to the edge of the placenta at a later date? That was one of my possibilities, but they have excluded it for now, we having another look at the cord insertion next week.
I reckon probably a growth fluctuation, but always best to keep a close eye just to be safe. 40th is still a very good size! xxx

Just read back a little to catch up...

Congrats to all the v-day ladies :happydance: can't wait to join you all!! & especially to you tasha - huge milestone :)

Dan-o - wow. You're in-laws sound interesting :haha: glad you can label them as slightly crazy & move on. I'd find it hard to let go. Good for you! :thumbup:

Rose - still thinking of you hun.

Cdex - great news!

Joy - sorry to hear about the placenta issues you're having. Hope you get excellent extra care & monitoring to put your mind at ease & keep a close watch on your baby.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out. I'm on my phone & swear baby brain has royally kicked in now!! My memory for things is getting worse by the day!!

Afm - I have a physio appointment on weds to look at my pelvis & hopefully get some exercises to prevent full on spd. And have just come back from a weekend away with hubby (it was his birthday). We didn't go far but left dd with my parents so had a 24 hour rest. It was lovely!! Missed dd loads though. The plan was to do some baby shopping & have a lie in at the hotel - so of course we were both up, awake & ready to go at 7am on Sunday :dohh: Why does that happen???? Anyway - as I'm still on pelvic rest dh went to the gym for an hour to keep himself busy :rofl:

We also bought a few bits for baby. I got completely overwhelmed looking at bedding though. The whole sleeping bag vs cellular blankets & sheets depending on room temp gave me a real "I can't do this" moment :nope: will have to tackle that again at a later date.

So sorry to have left you ladies worried! Thank you for thinking of me. I forgot my charger at home and they ended up admitting me as I was having contractions. They weren't strong or close together but they said I got them because I was really dehydrated. I got a lot of fluids through an IV and they stopped. I was so scared as I was by myself. The nurses and doctors never seemed worried which was a good thing but they acted as though I was worried for no reason. They kept me overnight and I came home yesterday and have been trying to take it easy and drink water. It's really hard for me to keep water down. But what has to be done has to be done. One thing being in the hospital overnight made me realize I haven't thought of a plan for dd when I have the baby. Idk why it didn't cross my mind.

Happy VDay to everyone there!

Really glad to hear you're ok rose :) I haven't made plans for dd yet either. All our family is about an hour away too. I just keep putting off the planning.... :blush:

Just catching up. Wishing all you ladies positive thoughts. Big hugs for those with worries.

I'm sitting here waiting my hour after drinking my glucose drink. Mmmm gross.

I set up the pack and play so the cats could get used to it....or shred it. It is now a wrestling ring for them. They took flying leaps into it. This is going to be interesting!
AFM: horrible leg cramp on the right side. Tried stretching to no end....its crazy, it just appeared two nights ago and I cant get rid of it. So, i waddle when I walk. Not cause I'm pregnant, cause of my leg. Lol. Embarrassing! Did buy some slip on shoes. Should help since its getting harder to bend down to tie those sneakers!

Jrepp thanks, I bought the crib from babies R us. It's the Graco Lauren Convertible. It should be here Thursday according to fedex tracking. My husband had to cover at a different fire station today and his coworker offered to give us his oak wood convertible crib. Haven't seen it, but considering it's Oak I'm sure it's pretty nice. Sooo I may be returning the crib I just bought depending on how this other one is/looks. lol :dohh:

Cdex glad your BP is better. hope it stays that way.

BRose glad to hear you're doing well. My sister just went to the hospital a couple nights ago for contractions (shes 30 weeks) and had the same outcome. Just due to dehydration, they gave her IV fluids and let her go after a few hours of observation.

This baby of mine is getting stronger and bigger everyday! It's so amazing. :cloud9: Also my mind is having a hard time wrapping itself around the fact we are so close to the 3rd trimester already!! Yay gimme my baby! :baby:

OH! Also forgot to mention for ladies in the US that because of the affordable care act from 2012 almost all insurances are required to cover breastfeeding pumps and supplies. Found this out a little while ago but forgot to mention it and just started looking into it now. I've heard multiple times Medela is the best so I looked at their site, you can put in what type of insurance you have and what state you live in and it gives you what pumps are covered by your insurance and what stores have them available. Just wanted to pass it along!

https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/insurance-pump-lookup

Happy V-day to everyone who has hit that day! :)

BeautifulRose- Glad you are doing ok. Try to drink water and alternate with Gatorade if you can have it! :)

Tasha- So happy you have come this far! :)

Jrepp - I hope you start to feel better!

I feel like I have been off for a while. I had a busy weekend. I used my gift card for some maternity clothes at Motherhood maternity, and they have SUCH cute clothes but kinda spendy. I did get a deal for buy 3 shirts get 1 free :) Plus I got a goody pack with lots of coupons, a free Avent bottle and like 5 gift cards for a nursing pillow and other items :)

Does anyone feel that the baby sits low? I feel like he is like sitting so low that I get pressure when I empty my bladder. But no contractions or pain or anything, just some pressure.

I am getting a 3D picture on May 22nd when I have my follow up ultrasound! I am super excited :) I will be 30 weeks :) - Only 8 weeks away!

Rachel - I had no clue about insurance and covering breast pumps and supplies! That is so awesome! :) Thank you!

I forgot to share that too Rachel! So neat that we dont have to worry about buying an electric pump. I called and mine covers the Ameda purely yours double electric pump & bag! Will come in handy when the teeth start appearing and I hopefully start work again! All I did was call my insurance who gave me the number to place I order from, I just have my doctor sign a paper that I'm breastfeeding and they ship it out!

Babygirl - I'm finding this baby sits way low compared to my last one! I totally get what you mean about the pressure!

I received my breast pump from insurance. Modela Double Electric. Came with a carrying bag, a cooler for the bottles and 100 milk storage bags. Insurance says you can reorder those every 90 days. Can't beat free things! Mine came in a week....but I heard others say order early as there are delays sometimes.

Beautifulrose, so glad to hear that everything's ok now. I'm sorry you had to go through that by yourself - I can't imagine how scary that must be. It's terrible that the nurses made you feel like you're overreacting. Contractions at this stage in your pregnancy are very scary and they should have more compassion for their patients.

Dano, I thought that VCI meant automatic c-section too but the doctor said its not necessary unless the placenta is low and/or membranes are in the way. Right now my placenta is low and 2cm from cervix. I think I would feel more comfortable with a c-section just to be safe but we'll see how things look at my next appt. Good luck at your follow up appt to check the cord. I really hope that you don't have it.

Rach, thank you so much for the info on the breast pumps. I will definitely check to see if my insurance covers it.

Babygirl, I got the same deal on motherhood shirts this weekend, buy 3 get one free. They also had a deal on dresses and skirts for buy one get one half off. It is so hard spending money on clothes I'll only wear for a few months but it's nice to be comfortable again and not busting out of my regular clothes. The belly band only goes so far. :)

Ms Elizabeth - that is awesome! Well I better call my insurance company! Is that what you did? :)

Congrats on the latest v-day ladies!! :D

Cdex- glad your bp has gone down.

Beautifulrose- glad your home now, try and take it easy.

Medzi- my little on lays really low too, pressure at times is too much!

Afm- 25 weeks today :) can't believe how quick this pregnancy is going! Had a stressful time last night DD was taken into hospital unresponsive with a high temp..turns out she has a urine infection plus slapped cheek (parvovirus) so I've now gotta get a blood test tomorrow to make sure I've not contracted it.

When is everyone else setting up their cots, Moses baskets etc? Not sure when the best time is.

Congrats on the latest v-day ladies!! :D

Cdex- glad your bp has gone down.

Beautifulrose- glad your home now, try and take it easy.

Medzi- my little on lays really low too, pressure at times is too much!

Afm- 25 weeks today :) can't believe how quick this pregnancy is going! Had a stressful time last night DD was taken into hospital unresponsive with a high temp..turns out she has a urine infection plus slapped cheek (parvovirus) so I've now gotta get a blood test tomorrow to make sure I've not contracted it.

When is everyone else setting up their cots, Moses baskets etc? Not sure when the best time is.

I hope that your daughter is ok! Did they admit her or send you guys home? We already have the crib set up where baby will be during the day, but am waiting for the shower to see if we get the bassinet/playpen combo for our room. I'm planning on putting a lot together the week of the 11th, as it would be my first angel baby's first birthday if I hadn't lost it and I think I'll need something to occupy my time! I say do it when it feels right to you.

I received my breast pump from insurance. Modela Double Electric. Came with a carrying bag, a cooler for the bottles and 100 milk storage bags. Insurance says you can reorder those every 90 days. Can't beat free things! Mine came in a week....but I heard others say order early as there are delays sometimes.

I'm curious who your health insurance is through. Mine is united health. They never mentioned supplies being covered and said I had one of three companies to call and chose from. They also said I couldn't actually order it until I was within 30 days of estimated delivery.

Ms Elizabeth - that is awesome! Well I better call my insurance company! Is that what you did? :)

Please let me know when you call and what they say. I'll call mine again as well and see if I can order it now and the supplies issue.

Thank you jrepp! They didn't feel they needed to admit her they sent us home at 3am! Had 3 hours sleep so struggling to function today, she's been given antibiotics and things to help with her temperature it's horrible and has been as high as 39.6c.

I don't think we're going to be setting up until about 30 weeks but I kinda get the urge to do it now but I feel it could still be early..argh decisions!! Hubby is so relaxed about it too he wouldn't do it til the day before my section if he could :)

I'm way to excited to set everything up but I dont want it to get dusty!
I will wash all the clothing and stuff for the first few months and put it away at 30 weeks which is just after my shower, pack the diaper bag, and start my hospital bag. The bigger items like to stroller/carseat/packnplay I'm going to wait until like 34 week only to keep it free of dust and my dogs hair lol

How many weeks is everyone having there showers?
Mine is May 2nd at 29+2 wk's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->