July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o695/keyval123/tempFileForShare_2015-06-29-19-31-52_zps5qi6ghuy.jpg

Excuse the state of me... But my 38 week bump :)

Morning ladies,

So in 24hrs I'll hopefully be in the hospital waiting for my section eek! I'm a bag of nerves already, partly because I'm scared they'll cancel again and partly because we're finally going to meet our little man!

I had my blood cross matches yesterday and been given all my medication to take tonight. Can't believe it could finally be happening! I've been keeping myself so busy to keep my mind off things but it's not really working!

Heaveneats- sorry to hear the Ecv didn't go well, hope your feeling much better today. Will your hubby be taking paternity leave?

When I had DD my DS was only 18 months old, hubby went back to work after 2 weeks and I had DD & DS to look after. I recovered very well and managed looking after them although you have to be very careful not to strain your body or pull yourself!

Not sure what the rules are in Canada but over here (UK) insurance companies won't allow you to drive for 6-8 weeks after surgery. It's also recommended you don't do any heavy lifting for 8 weeks after delivery. Also the scar may seem a little big and angry at first but mine shrunk to maybe 3inches across and to a very thin white-ish line it's not noticeable unless you go looking!

Canadabear- welcome back! Sorry to hear about your mum :hugs:

Keyval- lovely bump!

Everyone is getting close now!
I find out in the morning if they are admitting me to start a 5day immunoglobulin transfusion and all going well induction should be scheduled for a week later. My platelets were 26 from my last lot of bloods and need to be at least 30 for a safe vaginal delivery with no epidural :)

Keyval - lovely bump :thumbup:

Heaveneats - sorry baby didn't turn :hugs:

Sammy - how exciting!!! Really hope they don't move you again!!

Lumi - I've had the 5 day immunoglobulin IV. It's mostly just boring tbh. If you do go for it, make sure you drink loads during it - headaches are one of the side effects but staying hydrated keeps them away.

Afm - nesting had hit HARD! I realised yesterday that when I go into labour "someone" (depending on day, time etc) will be coming to our house to look after dd whilst me & oh are at the hospital. Cue total paranoia that everywhere must be really clean & tidy!!! Not easy to do with spd :dohh:

Morning ladies,

So in 24hrs I'll hopefully be in the hospital waiting for my section eek! I'm a bag of nerves already, partly because I'm scared they'll cancel again and partly because we're finally going to meet our little man!

I had my blood cross matches yesterday and been given all my medication to take tonight. Can't believe it could finally be happening! I've been keeping myself so busy to keep my mind off things but it's not really working!

Heaveneats- sorry to hear the Ecv didn't go well, hope your feeling much better today. Will your hubby be taking paternity leave?

When I had DD my DS was only 18 months old, hubby went back to work after 2 weeks and I had DD & DS to look after. I recovered very well and managed looking after them although you have to be very careful not to strain your body or pull yourself!

Not sure what the rules are in Canada but over here (UK) insurance companies won't allow you to drive for 6-8 weeks after surgery. It's also recommended you don't do any heavy lifting for 8 weeks after delivery. Also the scar may seem a little big and angry at first but mine shrunk to maybe 3inches across and to a very thin white-ish line it's not noticeable unless you go looking!

A little better today! I think I may attend an info session on breech birth here in Ottawa just to see but I doubt that will end up being my decision.

Hubby won't be taking paternity leave its only me, I could have shared the year but we decided it was best for me to take the full 52 weeks, he works as a firefighter so they work 24 hour shifts 7 days a month which is great he's home a lot but there are weeks where he work Friday and Sunday and he's totally useless on the Saturday because he's tired, ah well! Thats good to know the scar shrinks, I've not really dealt with many scars since my two surgeries were on my wisdom teeth and toncils so you can't see any scarring obviously

Down to the single digit countdown!! 9 days! I can't believe this is my life.. that I'm about to be a mother next week. I think I will be very emotional that first day because I feel like it will all hit me at once. I thought having everything set up would make it feel real but it hasn't I just feel like me and my little guy will be walking/waddling around together forever lol. My fiance wrote a letter to baby last night and it had me in tears. I want to make/buy something really special to give him at the hospital for being such an amazing partner through all this! Today is my appt hoping I've continued to progress!

Hang in there ladies, were getting all getting so close and we are going to have some July babies on our list starting tomorrow! =D Excited to see all the babies pictures to come!

So many babies coming soon!!!! So excited!! Going to miss seeing the bumps but am totally looking forward to some baby pictures!!!

Can the mucous plug look just like heavier than normal discharge? I went to the bathroom and wiped and it looked like a ton of like gooey snot as if I just blew my nose (I know so TMI)! I googled mucous plug and the images show like huge globs and stuff on the toilet paper! I had just had a bout of really bad cramps too....I just don't know!

Canada nice to have you back, sorry about the loss of your momma. :hugs:

Heaven my hubbys a firefighter also! And while the days off are awesome, im really dreading the days he works, 24 hrs alone, then if he has a busy night he needs to come home to sleep. I feel your worry. Though this is my first, so you'll have it tougher than me. My friend has a 4 and 1 yr old, her hubbys a f.f. as well, and shes still alive. Lol so theres hope! :haha:

Yesterday I came home from running errands all morning, and hubbys sitting at the kitchen table with a smirk on his face. I say hi and he replies "I've been nesting." I almost died. He is just too much. He went so far as to scrub out the coffee stains in the coffee pot. :haha: :rofl: he also had his cousin come over to help rearrange our bedroom furniture so we can put the bassinet in. Eeek baby will be here so soon!!!

So ive always loved "I didnt know I was pregnant" on TLC. but now they have "I still didnt know I was pregnant" women who gave birth more than once without knowing they were preggers. :saywhat: forrealsies?!

Lets see more babies up in here! Bring it on full moon!

Amherst yes that is what mucus plug looks like. I've been getting that too for the past few weeks!

Sammy - Good luck tomorrow! I bet everything will go great :)

Amherst - I think it does look like that because I have been losing parts of it too and it looks just like how you are describing.

My friend had her C-section this morning and baby looks great! She had to have her baby at 36 weeks because she had Placenta Previa. But so far so good :) When I saw her picture, it made me want to meet my son SO much more!!!

Oh good! Google only showed me like giant globs and that just isn't what I've been seeing so I was a bit baffled! I can't get over that so much is happening to our bodies that we can't control and all we can do is roll with it! Pregnancy is such a trip sometimes.

Thanks ladies! So far I've had no call so all is looking good for my section tomorrow! Fxd it stays that way.

K4th- I've been nesting like a mad man the last 2/3days, even if I clean the room few hours later I'm cleaning it again :dohh:

Heaveneats- have you got any family to help you out while hubby is working? Maybe grab you some shopping or drive you there?

Babyvaughan- single digits yay!!

Amherst- I've lost some of my plug and it looks snot like, not so much big blobs.

I'm dreading the section a little tomorrow it's meant to reach ridiculous temperatures tomorrow the hottest in years and I'm going to be in a stuffy hospital room! So not goin to be fun stuck in a bed and sweaty ergh! So not attractive :haha:

So many babies coming soon!!!! So excited!! Going to miss seeing the bumps but am totally looking forward to some baby pictures!!!

Can the mucous plug look just like heavier than normal discharge? I went to the bathroom and wiped and it looked like a ton of like gooey snot as if I just blew my nose (I know so TMI)! I googled mucous plug and the images show like huge globs and stuff on the toilet paper! I had just had a bout of really bad cramps too....I just don't know!

That's how mine was clear snotty very gel like, then later in the day I got a huge glob of light yellow gel. I googled mucus plugs and it was for sure that, sounds like yours too!

Heaven my scar is tiny and only visible if you look closely now. It's well below the knicker line too so no one will see it. I had a 2 and 4 year old when my c-section happened, it was okay, I had to be firm about not picking them up that we sat down together for cuddles.

Sammy will be thinking of you xx

Hope it goes well tomorrow, Sammy!

AFM, had a rough night last night. For a few hours I was having tightenings and cramps 6-12 minutes apart each, but it never got super consistent with the timing, then they stopped completely. It definitely cut into my sleep. :/ Hoping that's good news as far as progress goes, at least.

38 weeks today. Dr. tomorrow. Hoping I am starting to dilate!

Attachments

• photo (34).jpg
    photo (34).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 8
I had an appointment today, I have very little improvement-- I'm only a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. Sigh. She said she will do a sweep next week if I am at least a cm dilated.

I had an appointment today, I have very little improvement-- I'm only a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. Sigh. She said she will do a sweep next week if I am at least a cm dilated.

any progress is good with this being your first! can change at the drop of a hat! :hugs:

I'm shocked she didn't do a sweep already.. mine started doing them at 37w.. my request.. but once you're full term.. shouldn't be an issue if you want it :shrug:

I think it was more like she couldn't really get her finger in? So hopefully next week she'll be able to try it! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->