July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Jrepp if I were you I would definitely go in. And I'm sorry they're treating you so awfully! I was only 1 cm and my contractions were about every 4 minutes (but very painful) and they admitted me.

Khatif, they say that walking helps to move baby lower and dilate/efface you. Hard to find hours to do it, though.

Thanks ladies, I hardly know what to do with myself, I just want to stare at my baby all day. :cloud9: anyone else dreading going back to work??

Not that it's been all butterflies. Nights have been a little rough. We'll get the hang of it.

Does anyone have advice on pacifiers (binkys) and newborns? Last night I let him have one and it worked well, except I kept having to put it back in his mouth when he fell asleep and then startles himself. Also he seemed to have more trouble latching onto my breast after that (could be unrelated, who knows?)

I'd say if you're nursing.. To hold off on the Paci just for a little bit. Imho, it's not worth potentially jeopardizing your nursing relationship. Some babies do great, others no... But at the same time... You don't want to wait TOO long bc sometimes then they will not take a paci at all. I'd probably wait until your little one is 2-3 wks old.. But that's just me. Plus, it's good for baby to use you initially as a paci to help w milk production. :thumbup:

Jrepp.. Did you go in?? I'd say it doesn't hurt and better to be on the safe side! :hugs:

I haven't gone in yet. I'm going to give them a call and see if I can be seen in the clinic rather than go to Ob screening. I just have no idea what is going on in there and feel like a fool every time I go in thinking this is it only to be told no.

Don't feel like a fool. Doctors expect some false starts, especially from first time mothers.

Livvy- I'm dreading going back to work. One of my coworkers has been keeping me updated on what's going on at work...and it's not pretty. I'm pretty sure I'll only be going back to put in my notice and work out my 2 weeks.

Headed to Ob screening in a few minutes. Took a second to snap a bump shot just in case it was the last one. Left 2 pics are last week, right 3 are this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 11
Jrepp if I were you I would definitely go in. And I'm sorry they're treating you so awfully! I was only 1 cm and my contractions were about every 4 minutes (but very painful) and they admitted me.

Khatif, they say that walking helps to move baby lower and dilate/efface you. Hard to find hours to do it, though.

Thanks ladies, I hardly know what to do with myself, I just want to stare at my baby all day. :cloud9: anyone else dreading going back to work??

Not that it's been all butterflies. Nights have been a little rough. We'll get the hang of it.

Does anyone have advice on pacifiers (binkys) and newborns? Last night I let him have one and it worked well, except I kept having to put it back in his mouth when he fell asleep and then startles himself. Also he seemed to have more trouble latching onto my breast after that (could be unrelated, who knows?)

I've always heard not to introduce a pacifier to a newborn for a while if they are breastfeeding so it doesn't cause nipple confusion. Also when they are sleeping and the pinky falls out, just leave it out. It's very common and normal for it to fall out....in fact I would mostly take my daughters binky out of her mouth after she fell into a deep sleep.

Good luck Jrepp! I hope this is it for you.

Livvy, we waited til just before our baby was 3 weeks to start him on the paci and it hasn't interfered with BFing at all. I did have 2 nights prior to that when he wouldn't go to sleep & I gave him the paci in a moment of weakness, but 3 weeks is when we started using it regularly. He does have trouble taking the paci sometimes & I feel like we're forcing it in him, but when he finally takes it it always calms him down.

My check up is in less than two hours and I am so excited to see if I have made any progress!! I will definitely have another sweep done and hopefully things will happen very soon! Like today! lol

We've just started on the dummy (paci) now and he's four weeks tomorrow. I didn't want to affect the feeding as sucking lots helps to establish BF and encourage the milk. I did want a dummy though as the lullaby trust say it reduces the chance of SIDS.

Congrats Harley and Livvy!!

Livvy, I can't believe all the boys coming from team yellows either! All of us so far I believe!!

image.jpg

Been an exhausting almost week. Hawkin has a tongue tie, lip tie, high palate, and recessed chin. A recipe for disaster for breastfeeding. Worked with a lactation consultant, set a plan, and have diligently followed. It's been extremely difficult, emotional, and stressful, but I think we are almost over the hump. He has a minor laser procedure scheduled for Thursday to release his ties and it should be smooth sailing after that. I promised him I wouldn't quit on him if he didn't quit on me. He's a champ! I am so filled with love for him!

Congrats to all of the beautiful babies! I hope all the new mamas & families are adjusting well.

Fiadh is a week old at 00.33
the first week flew by

https://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/keyval/Screenshot_2015-07-14-19-33-19.png

View attachment 882765

Been an exhausting almost week. Hawkin has a tongue tie, lip tie, high palate, and recessed chin. A recipe for disaster for breastfeeding. Worked with a lactation consultant, set a plan, and have diligently followed. It's been extremely difficult, emotional, and stressful, but I think we are almost over the hump. He has a minor laser procedure scheduled for Thursday to release his ties and it should be smooth sailing after that. I promised him I wouldn't quit on him if he didn't quit on me. He's a champ! I am so filled with love for him!

Congrats to all of the beautiful babies! I hope all the new mamas & families are adjusting well.

So awesome you haven't given up! Breastfeeding is hard enough, add all those issues and I can't even imagine! You both are champs!!:happydance:

View attachment 882765

So happy things are working out for you

I've made progress! I am now 2-3 cm dilated (was 1 and a half for like a month!) and I had another sweep done so I hope this one does it all and I have a baby in my arms very soon!!

I've made progress! I am now 2-3 cm dilated (was 1 and a half for like a month!) and I had another sweep done so I hope this one does it all and I have a baby in my arms very soon!!

Yay! Good luck!! I'm hoping things will start kicking off asap! :)

Spent a few hours in OB screening only to be sent home. The only change aside from frequency is my cervix has moved forward but no change in dilation or effacement. They gave me 2 Percocet and 2 viserel to try and help me sleep before coming in for a morphine induced sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->