~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I have a lady at work that is older so i think she means well but one day last week she was like "you look bigger today" i just kind of looked at her and was like "well i ate a big lunch" i just cant believe the things people say to pregnant women!!

I hear you!! I had a lady at work tell me "wow! You're huge!! Are you sure you're not having twins!?!" after I already said I was only having ONE! Some people just need not talk!

I'm constantly being told my dates are wrong or there are 2 in there and that I'm huge. Stfu people!!

I'm constantly being told the opposite that I am so tiny for how far along I am. I'm like oh really cause I feel like a whale and am measuring two weeks ahead!

Ppl just can't help but make comments I think it makes them feel important

Realized I haven't taken a bump pic since 24 wks so here's my 31 wk bump, posted a little late :) Loving all of your bumps!

Attachments

• wk31.jpg
    wk31.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 21
lovely bumps abagail and jj's mum!!

people always have opinions, i keep getting told by strangers i'm tiny, then my mum who's actually a midwife said to me today i'm much bigger this time than last time :dohh:, you can't win ;). In actual fact i was measuring bang on at my last appt!

we've house problems again, this time a blocked drain which means theres sewage over our drive :sick:

Tonight was my first antenatal class :happydance:

I was nervous and got a little upset about having to go by myself but in the end it didn't matter. I was the only one there by myself, 6 couples but everyone so lovely!! I can't wait for next week !

Yes, people can be rude and insensitive when it comes to belly size. With this one I notice I am smaller as I don't have the horrible Odema which made me swell up I kept telling people it was fluid retention but they would ask me all the time if I was having two. This time when I say I only have 9 weeks to go I get "oh but you hardly even have a belly?" So glad it isn't too obvious to these idiots as I feel like a beached whale.
I have been told this one is AVERAGE...whatever that means. I mean surely there is a huge range of what is classed as average? Anyone know what the cut off is between a small baby/average/large? I have no idea...I just know Libby was large at almost 4kgs.

im just not the kind of person to ever comment on someone's weight or size so i find it hard to believe that others do! the lady that told me i was bigger also tells me i look adorable every day so i know she wasnt being mean or hateful she just doesnt have a filter!!

So today was a bit stressful. We have a local buy buy baby which is owned by bed bath and beyond, and it's a really nice store. DH and I liked it so much and they had such nice, well made baby furniture we decided to get our furniture from them. The babies r us is overpriced in our opinion as far as the furniture goes. So we picked a collection from Baby Appleseed. It's the Stratford collection in espresso. It was priced very reasonably and really nice set. MIL said she would buy the furniture as our baby gift which was amazing as we had so much to bu and DH won't be making the big bucks till the spring as he does t graduate till December.
So anyway, she bought us the crib when I was about 25 weeks after prompting her, DH takes after her in the procrastination department. The crib was $249 and the dresser/changing table combo is $349, so she asked if it'd be ok if she bought the combo a few weeks later. After being assured by the employee in the furniture dept that the collection wouldn't be discontinued and we'd be able to get it I said ok thats fine. I'm not one to procrastinate And wait till the last minute to do things as I like to get things done and accomplished. So here I am almost 31 weeks pregnant, it's been quite a while since she bought the crib and still no combo. So I was on that side of town, I needed to get a gift card from there anyway so I decided to stop in to see if they had any in stock or due to be delivered.
I sit down with the lady and as soon as she asked me what collection and I told her baby Appleseed, she got this "oh sh*t!" look on her face. She said "I'm so sorry but they have stopped production for now". I think I was so shocked I didnt know what to say. I think I actually said "what?!? Are you sure?" lol like she wouldn't know.
So basically baby Appleseed was receiving too many requests and they couldn't keep up with them. So wednesday buy buy baby received a call from baby Appleseed, saying they were stopping production and all special orders until June. And that date wasn't guaranteed. So if we were to wait till June to order it would still take another 6-8 weeks to receive the items. I'm due July 9th!! That wasn't going to work :( so when I left the store frustrated that my husband likes to procrastinate and we have waited all this time to buy the furniture, I was getting so upset and worried my daughter would have no furniture. I ended up calling other buy buy baby stores within a decent driving radius from us (we live in Jacksonville), so I called the Augusta, GA location. They had the 5-drawer chest but not the combo unit. The manager got on the phone, he was so nice and helpful....and he told me he didn't want me stressing over the situation and took my name and number. He told me to give him like 10 min and he would try to find a store closer to me that might has both pieces. He called me back like 5 min later and there's a store in altamonte springs, FL (about 2 1/2 hours from us) and they have both pieces in the espresso color. They are currently holding them for me an have been so helpful! I would reccomend them to anyone just based on the customer service and quality of their products. Some of their things are even cheaper than babies r us. I priced them out to try to save as much as possible. Anyway, that's how my day was Lol

So sorry to hear of your rough day and phone around. It can be a very emotionally unsettling time. I find I react worse than I normally would when I am pregnant. I hope it all works out for the furniture like you have hoped. Procrastination sucks...I don't know who is worse me or my hubby! I think he is...lol I can usually make up my mind and then follow through. It took him well over 5 years to propose to me if that is saying something.
Took DD to a little girls princess party which she had a great time they had bubbles and party whistles and a soccer ball/net etc to play with plus the playground at the park. She is currently napping covered in dirt from running around all morning. As soon as she wakes I think I will be giving her a good scrub in the bath. There was a coffee stand there giving away free coffee...I couldn't say no...so I had one but no I regret it as my heartburn has been bad since! :cry: But seriously FREE coffee...the good stuff not instant- proper coffee!:coffee::thumbup:

So sorry to hear of your rough day and phone around. It can be a very emotionally unsettling time. I find I react worse than I normally would when I am pregnant. I hope it all works out for the furniture like you have hoped. Procrastination sucks...I don't know who is worse me or my hubby! I think he is...lol I can usually make up my mind and then follow through. It took him well over 5 years to propose to me if that is saying something.
Took DD to a little girls princess party which she had a great time they had bubbles and party whistles and a soccer ball/net etc to play with plus the playground at the park. She is currently napping covered in dirt from running around all morning. As soon as she wakes I think I will be giving her a good scrub in the bath. There was a coffee stand there giving away free coffee...I couldn't say no...so I had one but no I regret it as my heartburn has been bad since! :cry: But seriously FREE coffee...the good stuff not instant- proper coffee!:coffee::thumbup:
Thanks Hun!! It started out stressful but fortunately ended better! :)

Free coffee is awesome! I finally gave in and got a Starbucks java chip frapp yesterday, it was decaf though. I miss my morning coffee.

So we're meeting with our doula today!!! I've never had a doula before so I'm very excited to have her there during the labor. I know DH and I will need the extra support. Plus next weekend we go to get the rest of our Emma's things!!!!! Finally going to set up her room! :) I can't wait!!

Glad the furniture fiasco was sorted!

we're getting there with our drains, just gave the guy unblocking them a cuppa and DH said he was spraying stuff through them and some was coming back up and he swears some went in his tea :sick: :rofl:

we're now waiting on new carpets for the baby's room, its killing me not being able to finish it!! the wardrobe is sat in pieces in my hall but no point putting it together until carpets are laid...argh!

so pregnancy brain has been kicking in full gear now... we were having family over today for a bbq for my birthday so i went to the store last night to get some stuff. i bought two gallons of milk as well and woke up this morning to no milk in the fridge..apparently i set the milk on the counter and assumed it would go in the fridge on its own but unfortunately it didnt :haha: had to send hubby out to get milk for our daughter this morning!!!

Hopefully posting will resubscribe me! Hit the wrong button on my phone and unsubscribed... not been getting updates for a couple days!

Local baby store is having a closing down sale... I got yetitoy complete with ears and a saddle for $25. A shiny new Beco Gemini for $70! an Ubbi diaper pail for $40 and few other bits and bobs. Very exciting. LOL. I also bought some of their shelving for $10 to put up in the garage. Much more tidy out there now.

I can really tell when I've forgotten the zantac as almost 24 hours exactly after I've taken it the heartburn starts back! It's nice not having to swig the maalox anymore but I can't say my belly is any better. Iron seems to be happy the opposite to normal effect.

Seeing the hematologist monday afternoon. Still super freaked. I've always been against a c-section but now if they decide to do it, it would have to be under general and I wouldn't get to meet my baby for at least 3 hours. :( Hubby has strict orders not to let the baby out of his sight and I'll be putting it in my birth plan!

I think we've finally made the decision to not circumcise. We're both very happy but I am slightly worried about the reaction from the doctors. As my OB has already told us the AAP recommends it. I just COULD NOT find a good enough reason to do it.

Hope you guys are all progressing well! I'll go and read back a bit later. :)

so pregnancy brain has been kicking in full gear now... we were having family over today for a bbq for my birthday so i went to the store last night to get some stuff. i bought two gallons of milk as well and woke up this morning to no milk in the fridge..apparently i set the milk on the counter and assumed it would go in the fridge on its own but unfortunately it didnt :haha: had to send hubby out to get milk for our daughter this morning!!!

LOL I've totally done that. Not with 2 gallons though. That must of been painful. We buy the organic stuff as well so I'd have been out almost $12.

Hahaa baby brain! I keep blaming everyone for leaving the pantry door ajar...probably it is me and I just can't recall it! DH has this fixation this morning about making his own bagels. I am not keen on the idea cause I know how time consuming it is and would rather he spend his time off with me and our daughter. Does anyone elses hubby's get fixated on these kinds of hairbrain ideas? He has spent the entire morning (at least 2 hours) trying to youtube a recipe he is happy with. Meanwhile I have made everyone breakfast, got myself and DD dressed, done the dishes, a load of laundry and wiped down the kitchen benches and table...he's just sat on the lounge googling bagels. Quality family time? I think NOT!

Hahaa baby brain! I keep blaming everyone for leaving the pantry door ajar...probably it is me and I just can't recall it! DH has this fixation this morning about making his own bagels. I am not keen on the idea cause I know how time consuming it is and would rather he spend his time off with me and our daughter. Does anyone elses hubby's get fixated on these kinds of hairbrain ideas? He has spent the entire morning (at least 2 hours) trying to youtube a recipe he is happy with. Meanwhile I have made everyone breakfast, got myself and DD dressed, done the dishes, a load of laundry and wiped down the kitchen benches and table...he's just sat on the lounge googling bagels. Quality family time? I think NOT!

All I can say is at least he's trying to learn a new skill right? My hubby has wasted countless hours on Assassins Creed and the like. (Granted he's behaving today ;) he watched the little one so I could go shopping alone and now he's out mowing, strimming and edging the lawn.) Not that he's that hard done by mind... the table is already set, fresh salad made and a homemade lasagne is bubbling in the oven. So as soon as he gets in he'll be well treated. :)

yeah it was a good 10 dollars down the drain..milk is not cheap..this afternoon i was cooking something with milk and almost left it out again luckily i saw it after 10 minutes so it wasnt spoiled yet..i think i just need to stay out of the fridge until july!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->