~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

im so frustrated..i've been asking for help to put the nursery together for weeks and noone will help or they say they will and dont..today i finally got fed up and decided to put the crib together myself..i get one half put together and then look at the other side and the wood is completely split!! my husband broke it when i asked him to measure a window..apparently if i want anything done i have to do it myself now i have to buy a new crib!

Is it possible you could return the crib and get a new one without buying it. Show them the broken piece and maybe they'll just swap it?

i wish but we were reusing my daughter's crib so its 2 years old and i would feel bad. my mom told me to buy the same one and put the broken one in the box and return it but i think thats wrong! if it was new i would return but since we at least got a year use out of it before hubby broke it so i think he should be responsible to buy a new one :haha:

Sue it's lovely!! But WHY does she have so many shoes already?? *laughs* I didn't even buy Jessa her first pair until right before her first birthday. :)

i didnt put my daughter in shoes until she was 1 either i didn't see the point :haha:

Well ladies... at the hospital. Was brought over by the doc office due to high bp. They couldn't get it to go down with a pill so they inserted something behind my cervix to thin it out and shorten it. They are inducing me! Start the pitocin drip at 4am tomorrow morning!

good luck hope you have a fast and pain free delivery!! cant wait to hear updates!!

regarding cloth diapers i could never ever use them because i do laundry once every couple weeks unless i specifically need something and then i just wash that :haha: i'm a horrible laundry person so i think cloth diapers would be a disaster in my house!!!

afm my day got slightly better after the broken crib fiasco.. my 34 week appointment went really well!! baby is measuring right on and heart rate is great..i asked my doctor when she would be willing to sign me off for maternity leave and she asked when i wanted to start. I said I'd like to start July 2nd since thats the first day i can start short term disability with work and she said it was fine by her and asked if i wanted 6 or 12 weeks off..i asked if 12 was ok and she was like yep sounds good give the paperwork to the front desk..i'm so excited i'll be off work from July 2nd until the end of September..much better than 6 weeks!!!

im so frustrated..i've been asking for help to put the nursery together for weeks and noone will help or they say they will and dont..today i finally got fed up and decided to put the crib together myself..i get one half put together and then look at the other side and the wood is completely split!! my husband broke it when i asked him to measure a window..apparently if i want anything done i have to do it myself now i have to buy a new crib!

Is it possible you could return the crib and get a new one without buying it. Show them the broken piece and maybe they'll just swap it?

i wish but we were reusing my daughter's crib so its 2 years old and i would feel bad. my mom told me to buy the same one and put the broken one in the box and return it but i think thats wrong! if it was new i would return but since we at least got a year use out of it before hubby broke it so i think he should be responsible to buy a new one :haha:

Sue it's lovely!! But WHY does she have so many shoes already?? *laughs* I didn't even buy Jessa her first pair until right before her first birthday. :)

i didnt put my daughter in shoes until she was 1 either i didn't see the point :haha:

Well ladies... at the hospital. Was brought over by the doc office due to high bp. They couldn't get it to go down with a pill so they inserted something behind my cervix to thin it out and shorten it. They are inducing me! Start the pitocin drip at 4am tomorrow morning!

good luck hope you have a fast and pain free delivery!! cant wait to hear updates!!

regarding cloth diapers i could never ever use them because i do laundry once every couple weeks unless i specifically need something and then i just wash that :haha: i'm a horrible laundry person so i think cloth diapers would be a disaster in my house!!!

afm my day got slightly better after the broken crib fiasco.. my 34 week appointment went really well!! baby is measuring right on and heart rate is great..i asked my doctor when she would be willing to sign me off for maternity leave and she asked when i wanted to start. I said I'd like to start July 2nd since thats the first day i can start short term disability with work and she said it was fine by her and asked if i wanted 6 or 12 weeks off..i asked if 12 was ok and she was like yep sounds good give the paperwork to the front desk..i'm so excited i'll be off work from July 2nd until the end of September..much better than 6 weeks!!!

Oh I didn't realize it was used. That makes sense why you'd have to buy a new one then. Hopefully you guys can at least find a good sale on one then.

Woohoo JJ's mom...so exciting.
Proud...I hear you loud and clear...bring it on I say! I don't think I can stand for 18 more days of this hell!
It has been so wet and dismal here the past week...DD is going stir crazy inside! We just got back from Aldi this morning and got ourselves a proper coffee machine that does the milk frothing and everything...I figured out after about 12 cup it would have literally paid for itself. Not that I am drinking much coffee at the moment cause it just makes the Heartburn worse. I stopped by the Pharmacy and picked up another box of Zantacs ...it better be the last lot I have to buy for a while!
Will try to take and upload some of little Ethan's clothing etc...am currently perched on my Fitball trying to relax.

The blue boxes are full of clothing plus the crotchet blanket on top and the plastic bag next to the boxes has got bassinet sheets in it that my mother sewed.:thumbup:
The rest is self explained I think.:dohh:

Attachments

• boxes of boy clothes and sheets.jpg
    boxes of boy clothes and sheets.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Ethans wardrobe.jpg
    Ethans wardrobe.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • onsies etc.jpg
    onsies etc.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
Libbysmum, I just had to order a refill on my Zantac prescription :-/ plus I'm STILL waiting on insurance to approve my nexium prescription the doctor ordered last week! Insurance companies drive me crazy. The way they do things are ass backwards here. It's viewed moreso as "sick" insurance instead of "health" insurance. You'd think they'd be more pro-prevention than lets wait till they really need something and spend twice or three times as much than we would've had to if it were just prevented to begin with.

Anyway, I've been on Zantac since 8 weeks and it sucks cuz my body has gotten use to the med and I now need something stronger. What makes my acid reflux worse is I have a hiatal hernia :( I just hope it's not an issue after Emma is born.

So cute all those clothes libbysmum!!!

Best of luck JJs! X

Urgh why am I awake at 5am!!! Had rotten tummy ache & just had a pretty urgent 'clear out' bleugh. Presentation scan today at 12pm, to *hopefully* confirm head down! :dance:

goodluck jjsmom!!

i use cloth diapers, started on my 3rd, and fell in love! coulsnt imagine ever switching back to disposable diapers.

keep getting flare ups of what appear to be labor, very odd! i dont feel like shes going to come early, before i thought she would, but now she seems rather content with bruising mt hip bone!

went to a birthday party today for my friends son, my youngest stepped on a bee :( he didnt cry just came to me, showed me where it hurt so i pulled the stinger out snd he continued to play. when we werr getting ready to leave i took a look at it and it was so swelled! letting him run on it was probably a bad idea :/ put some frozen peas on it and the lil turd kept eating the peas out of the bag!! hopefully sleeping helps it a bit since there wont ve weight on it!

LOL how funny to eat the frozen peas! Sounds like something my daughter would do! Kids!!! Mine just spilled pink milk all over the carpet after me telling her be careful and don't take it over to the carpet...great! My next midwife appointment has been changed to a Doctor appointment? I don't know why?

Omg, I just tripped down the stairs and have caught the back of my heel on the carpet gripper rods (metal spikes). Ripped the back of my heel open, looks a right mess and STINGS like a bitch :cry:

libbsymum-maybe just cause your so close to tge end? dont know, they always want me to see the midwife, but i refuse. shes awful!!

sue-that sounds really nasty. are you going to need stitches??

I've got a big plaster on at the minute! But it might need some butterfly stitches so I'll ask up at the hospital today when I'm there for my scan.

OUCH@ SUE
Goodnight ladies...will be excited to hear news from JJ's in the morning. Right now I have to hit the hay.

OUCH Sue, hope your foot is ok! and bubs is in fact head down at your scan :D

JJ's good luck hun!

I really feel for you ladies who are still working and don't get much time off, can't even imagine still working now! :hugs:, we're so lucky in the uk xx

Ouch sue hope your okay! And hope you scan goes well and shows that miss Millie is head down!

Had some contracting for about 2 hours last night of about 5-7 mins apart and then they jut died off. So disappointing but I had a feeling that wasn't it because the contractions weren't that intense. I'm gonna guess its gonna be another week or more before she decides to come. Seems like time is moving so slow now and every twinge I'm like could this be it! These next couple weeks are gonna drive me crazy :haha: :wacko:

Proud- same thing has been happening to me :( hopefully it means we're close to the real thing!! :)

Well little Millie was confirmed head down!!!! YAY!! So happy.......she's got a chubby tummy and weighs 7lb 1oz!!! Mummys little fatty :haha:

No stitches needed in heel thank god, big padded plaster & is feeling much better already.

Got rotten period back ache now from walking round town for a while, but got my nursing bras now, and managed to find a gift for my dad for Fathers Day! Not bad overall. :)

I went to my 36 week appointment today and found out I'm now 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced and baby is engaged...also I didn't even realize it but all that mucus I've been losing, it was my plug! Doctor says there's no mucus left!! Nothing! She could feel the amniotic sack! She doesn't think I'll go longer than next week. She says she thinks I'll go very soon! :)

june - oh wow so exciting! next week is so soon, it's already nearly friday! woo!

sue - glad your heel is feeling better.

My back is absolutely crippled. I was lying in bed earlier for a few minutes and I couldn't get back up. Literally screaming in pain. Been having to use mobility scooters in the supermarket as well.
Can't wait for this to be over.

Eeeeek exciting June!!!

Sorry you're in so much pain Alice :( that sucks. Come on baby get a move on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->