~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I requested to join the Facebook group.

We dtd last week, wasn't as bad as I thought it was gona be! But I started bleeding again a few days later so sex is off again for now.

My little man is happily playing this morning so I can get on with some important jobs, like having my breakfast!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi Ladies,

I have never posted but have been following everyones pregnancies and now of course births.
Thought I would stop my silence and introduce myself and join facebook as well.

I had boy/girl twins on 3 July which was 38 weeks via C-Section. The boy weighed 2.77 kg and the girl 2.66 kg. They are now just over 5 weeks and weighing 4.4kg and 4.05kg respectively.

Hopefully you ladies wont mind my actively joining at this late stage.

Hi Ladies,

I have never posted but have been following everyones pregnancies and now of course births.
Thought I would stop my silence and introduce myself and join facebook as well.

I had boy/girl twins on 3 July which was 38 weeks via C-Section. The boy weighed 2.77 kg and the girl 2.66 kg. They are now just over 5 weeks and weighing 4.4kg and 4.05kg respectively.

Hopefully you ladies wont mind my actively joining at this late stage.

Hey, of course you can join us, I will add you to the first page, I think you are the first set of July twins that we know of! :thumbup:

I requested to join Facebook page too.

Anyone know anything about colic? Oliver gets really un settled every evening for anywhere between 3 to 5 hours. He could be screaming and only thing that settles him is feeding. I'm bfing him which makes it hard. Then at about half 12 he settles down and sleeps really well.

Don't know what it is but dread the evenings now.

He is my first so haven't a clue really!!

welcome jewels! congrats on your twins!

Anyone know anything about colic? Oliver gets really un settled every evening for anywhere between 3 to 5 hours. He could be screaming and only thing that settles him is feeding. I'm bfing him which makes it hard. Then at about half 12 he settles down and sleeps really well.

I had this with my first, tis no fun :hugs:, you can get things like gripe water and infacol to maybe help. I found reducing things like onions in my diet helped too. But honestly nothing overly worked accept riding it out :(, it won't last forever and thank goodness he sleeps well after midnight! xx

Gabriel doesn't have colic really, but when he gets gassy in the evenings, starts arching his back and crying we use this - https://wellementsbaby.com/products/organic-gripe-water-for-colic/ and lots of bouncing/burping and singing!

My Oliver had really bad colic and used to scream from 5-8 every evening and used to just fed and fed until he was sick. We were told a dummy would help as the sucking made them feel better. I don't know if you want to use one...

But we also used to lay him on his tummy over our legs which use to help his tummy, rubbing his back while he was like that used to help as well x

Check out the book Colic Solved. By a gastric neonatologist in Houston. He's worked with thousands of kids that were labeled as "colicky" and came to the conclusion that colic doesn't exist. Every child that he worked with has reflux (majority) or dairy milk allergies. With treatment or dietary changes in the case if allergies, every kid got past the "colic". The book saved our sanity-our son would cry and be miserable on and off for about 6 hours/day. Someone gave the book to us 3 weeks ago and that validated that there was something we could do. My son was tested for dairy allergies (microscopic blood on stool) and found that he has that. We already knew he had reflux but it turns out his medication doseage wasn't high enough. With hypoallergenic formula for the allergy (while I'm eliminating dairy from my diet), zantac, Prilosec (at the highest does recommended for his weight) and probiotic infant drops (Biogaia/Gerber Colic Soothe)....our son is a changed boy! He went from crying for hours to a much happier, more relaxed child. Based on reviews from other parents, I think the drops really help at changing time. He used to scream every time his diaper was changed but by the 3rd day on the drops, that mostly stopped. Granted he still has his bad days, but he is so much improved. We were told to his him 3 months or so to "grow out of it" but we're so happy we didn't listen and just wait. Also, we kinda took the meds doseage into our own hands. The doc told is the range he could be prescribed, and she put him on the low end. That didn't work for him. We asked if he could go up, she said wait til his follow up appointment in a month. We weren't going to put him through that if he didn't need it, so we tried out gradually going up ever few days til we hit the right dose, which turned out to be the max he could get. If you have any questions, feel free to also pm me or ask here (I'm not the best at keeping up with this thread but will try and check back)

Check out the book Colic Solved. By a gastric neonatologist in Houston. He's worked with thousands of kids that were labeled as "colicky" and came to the conclusion that colic doesn't exist. Every child that he worked with has reflux (majority) or dairy milk allergies. With treatment or dietary changes in the case if allergies, every kid got past the "colic". The book saved our sanity-our son would cry and be miserable on and off for about 6 hours/day. Someone gave the book to us 3 weeks ago and that validated that there was something we could do. My son was tested for dairy allergies (microscopic blood on stool) and found that he has that. We already knew he had reflux but it turns out his medication doseage wasn't high enough. With hypoallergenic formula for the allergy (while I'm eliminating dairy from my diet), zantac, Prilosec (at the highest does recommended for his weight) and probiotic infant drops (Biogaia/Gerber Colic Soothe)....our son is a changed boy! He went from crying for hours to a much happier, more relaxed child. Based on reviews from other parents, I think the drops really help at changing time. He used to scream every time his diaper was changed but by the 3rd day on the drops, that mostly stopped. Granted he still has his bad days, but he is so much improved. We were told to his him 3 months or so to "grow out of it" but we're so happy we didn't listen and just wait. Also, we kinda took the meds doseage into our own hands. The doc told is the range he could be prescribed, and she put him on the low end. That didn't work for him. We asked if he could go up, she said wait til his follow up appointment in a month. We weren't going to put him through that if he didn't need it, so we tried out gradually going up ever few days til we hit the right dose, which turned out to be the max he could get. If you have any questions, feel free to also pm me or ask here (I'm not the best at keeping up with this thread but will try and check back)

I definitely think Gabriel has a milk allergy! He practically vomits if I have a straight glass of milk or ice cream! I'm really trying to eliminate it from my diet but it's so hard! I've been looking everywhere for the biogaia/ gerber soothe drops but everywhere is out of stock. I even bought them from amazon this week but when they arrived their coolpack was practically boiling so definitely over the 77 ambient temperature range allowed for the drops! I had to get a refund. I so want to try them though.

We have DTD a few times now and everything has been fine.

Welcome Jewels! Congrats on your twins :) Must be hard work, I find one hard enough! Glad things are going well for you

nuffmac - I symphaise, Ellie is going through a similar stage - think we have had 3 straight days/nights of screaming. It gets very hard to deal with it. I am trying all the recommended things for colic/reflux and just have to keep hoping things will get better.

becca - shame about the milk allergy - I hope Ellie doesn't get this, I would be lost without cereal and milkshake!

Well my hubby dropped a bomb shell the other night, his dad is gona buy us a barn for us to convert and then we get a mortgage to pay him back. It's a fab opportunity to own our own house. At the moment we rent. The only prob is the plans show the house will be smaller than what we have now with only 2 bedrooms and I would like another child in a couple of years. We will have to live in a caravan whilst we build the house. I should be really and happy and excited about it, but I'm not.

Hi everyone, sorry have had a ally busy couple of days so will do the first page soon!

Alannadee, is there any way you can extend it or add another box room? It is a fab opportunity but if it doesn't suit you and your family then it's not much good. What does your hubby say about? Is there room to extend at a later date?

Sorry to all you ladies with 'colicky' babies. Jack had the evening upsets too from 6-9 every night very tiring! So far George is fine! He very windy, he trumps all the time which has jack in hysterics but at least he's managing to get the gas out I suppose and he doesn't seem uncomfortable.
The good news is it stops at 3/4 months.

I definitely think Gabriel has a milk allergy! He practically vomits if I have a straight glass of milk or ice cream! I'm really trying to eliminate it from my diet but it's so hard! I've been looking everywhere for the biogaia/ gerber soothe drops but everywhere is out of stock. I even bought them from amazon this week but when they arrived their coolpack was practically boiling so definitely over the 77 ambient temperature range allowed for the drops! I had to get a refund. I so want to try them though.

I'd ask your pediatrician if they can test him for dairy allergy. It was a simple test for us. Our doc gave us 3 cards on which we collected a tiny sample of poop from 3 diapers. We brought the cards in, she put some drops on them and it turned blue to show that there was microscopic drops of blood in his poop, caused by an allergic response to his body trying to break down the dairy protein. We.re still trying to figure out the breast milk piece- I've been off dairy for 3 and soy for 1 week but he still responds really poorly to it and is in pain for hours afterwards :( going to try again in a week and see if my body just needs longer to clear out soy

That sucks re: probiotic drops! Expensive as they are, Amazon should ship them properly. Do you have CVS or Walgreens around you? I got ours at CVS and they were $20 cheaper than on Amazon. I've heard the same thing about Walgreens too but haven't checked it out.

Baby acnr-who's babies have it, and is there way to make it better? it gets really red when she's warm, otherwise her face just looks,lumpy. ive not dealt with it,before. we don't bathe often as we've got kids with sensitive skin, over bathing causes patches for them. I've been wiping down her face to see if it helps, but it doesn't seem to? she sweats through her head LOT im wondering if thats the cause?

we've a touch of acne, my first had it worse, breast milk can help but it went away with time :) xx

Oh
my
God
Nathan
Stop
Bloody
SCREAMING!

*closes eyes and massages temples*

Alanadee - If the house isn't what you want, then don't go for it. Living in a building site for a year is no fun at all especially with a small baby. Our house renovation has been ongoing for a year now and still isn't finished. Its very hard to deal with it,

Alice - my sympathy on the screaming - Ellie is a screamer too and can go on for ages! Sending virtual pain relief your way

Baby acnr-who's babies have it, and is there way to make it better? it gets really red when she's warm, otherwise her face just looks,lumpy. ive not dealt with it,before. we don't bathe often as we've got kids with sensitive skin, over bathing causes patches for them. I've been wiping down her face to see if it helps, but it doesn't seem to? she sweats through her head LOT im wondering if thats the cause?
Olivia has gotten it pretty bad as well, looks like a red bumpy rash on her face and feels dry. I would also love to know if there's any way to make it better!

Thanks for all the replies on the colic ladies. :thumbup: Im defo going to look into the milk allergy as this sounds like it could eb it as he is also very congested all the time and i think this would happen with an allergy as well. he is going fo rhis six week check on Tuesday so will ask the doc then.

Ive put his dummy in and it seems to be helping. I had taken it away a couple of weks ago when we got thrush but hopefully it will help and wont cause thrush

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->